What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by TA3001 »

BanksfielderIdiot823 wrote:
I'm of a Fijian family and as expected, we're quite big folks. So what my poor sister had was a mixture of a STA Bustech with the sloped floor, upright seating and little legroom, mixed in with a driver who goes violent on the pedals and the wheel, and the roughness of this city's Scanias. That mix had made her so dizzy when she got off the bus and got into our mum's car. She's better now.
I didn't notice anything on 1973 except the hardness of the seat at the front when I went on it on Dec 23rd. But then, the driver behind the wheel wasn't by any means a lunatic. Like any modern bus, they're on the list to avoid unless there is no other option. I don't pay much attention to minor details with these Deloreans when boarding them, and I haven't noticed a potential lack of slanted seats. The Custom Coaches CB80 seats are admittedly not the worst I've sat on on a bus, but they're almost the same as on the L94UBs which are a much less dull chassis.

This experience sounds horrible, and is totally unacceptable on a public service. You need to file an official complaint, and you could even mention it via talk back radio if you're daring enough. If nobody finds out, it will just go undetected. It's good to hear that your sister has recovered from this ordeal. Public transport is not like what you'd expect in a limo, but it is not meant to inflict discomfort or health issues either.

'Bustech' has already been brought to the attention of the media due to the window line, but it doesn't mean anything to the SA government who just want the cheapest option available regardless of the design flaws.
BanksfielderIdiot823
Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Post by BanksfielderIdiot823 »

TA3001 wrote:This experience sounds horrible, and is totally unacceptable on a public service. You need to file an official complaint, and you could even mention it via talk back radio if you're daring enough. If nobody finds out, it will just go undetected. It's good to hear that your sister has recovered from this ordeal. Public transport is not like what you'd expect in a limo, but it is not meant to inflict discomfort or health issues either.

'Bustech' has already been brought to the attention of the media due to the window line, but it doesn't mean anything to the SA government who just want the cheapest option available regardless of the design flaws.
Thank you. And trust me, so many complaints have been sent, so many discussions on the radio and yet, Transport for NSW just tosses every single complaint out the window every time and continue doing things their way like any arrogant group would.
I mean, anyone that does go for a complaint will get given back the same old copy+paste message around the terms of...
"Thank you for your feedback. We have taken it into consideration." ...and nothing happens.

But then again, that's Sydney for you, the New South Welsh land of bureaucrats and corporate scumbags that only do what they feel like and don't give a damn about the people they serve.
Volgren all day, every day
Dear T80; If the decker's not a Volgren, I'm not interested.
Westbus Fairfield + Dandy Hub = perfection
Good old Collingwood forever.
Long live the potato cake.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Wasn't aware that they had copped media flak. Sounds awful. I wonder if a drop in patronage would do anything to persuade them to get their act together? Sounds like they have a DILLI*** attitude towards patrons and only care about how much $ they make. Which actual company runs the service?

Torrens Transit in Adelaide seems to be more friendly towards those putting complaints through, and seem to be fairly strict compared to Light City Buses who finally left the scene mid last year. At least they question the driver behind the wheel of the vehicle when somebody complains, going by what I've heard.

One driver got the sack for doing 22kph over the speed limit, but there are still a few duds that are willing to exceed the posted speed limits on occasion. I have no idea what causes drivers to do 70+kph in 60 zones in 23-24 year old high floor buses, but it seems to occur with drivers from Mile End and Morphettville (also recognised with a similar but not identical name which I won't mention here).
BanksfielderIdiot823

Yep. Radio, Daily Telegraph, and a whole load of bad rap on the local newspapers. That Inner West region that has the 420 is under Transit Systems; the same parent company for Torrens Transit, but they've only had them for about six months now. Before that, they were under the government-operated State Transit Authority (they still have the Eastern Suburbs, Lower North Shore and North East Parramatta) and oh boy, not just the passengers but the drivers themselves as well; they would get put under so much stress by TfNSW, tying them to observe unrealistic timetables, threatening disciplinary action for not meeting a certain benchmark despite the fact that Sydney traffic means they can do nothing about the situation they're in at the moment.

To make it worse, when Transit Systems got that Inner West contract, Transport for NSW would offer some big bonus pay or something to the drivers that stay on time. This led to some of the drivers making dangerous maneuvers around the city to try and meet that benchmark even though in reality it's impossible. I'm just glad that at least Transit Systems' Region 3 operation in my area Fairfield City; some of the more local management, the drivers and the public can all sympathise with each other.

And to think, after all that, Transport for NSW STILL refuses to accept any responsibility. Everything that's happened across the modes, every major incident, they've blamed the drivers, they've blamed frontline, they've blamed everyone and everything else, they have refused every call to reimburse passengers if a major incident occurred, the beef they're having with the company they've leased off the CBD/South East tramway to is going back and forth, they had so much money before to fix problems and give the necessary upgrades such as lifts to stations which have a lot of elderly folks and families but wasted it all on new signage and liveries, and they keep proclaiming themselves to be "world-class". Damn crooks...
BanksfielderIdiot823

But anyway, how about the damned parents (if they even qualify as such) who lock their children inside the car during a heatwave???
mcmuttley

Post by mcmuttley »

Staff that don't turn up for shifts and one lovely person has just rang and said that I'm finished with the job bad enough with shortage of people wanting to work dole is to easy for them to get lazy people I cant stand especially if I just had to do a double shift.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

BanksfielderIdiot823 wrote:The better-built than any other bus body award easily goes to Volgren, since they can actually build stuff properly, something that I'm aware that Custom has ceased doing upon working on the CB80s.
It'd be interesting to hear your thoughts after a visit to Perth.

I've rode on a number of Darwin's CB80-bodied Mercedes-Benz O 500 LEs that operate for TerritoryTransit. Haven't found any niggle with them to date. Both TerritoryTransit and the other Darwinbus contractor Buslink operate a number of Volgren-bodied buses, so it's quite easy to make a comparison between vehicles of equal age and fairly similar usage.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Feeling as though I'm breaking the law by wanting to transfer some .mp3 files to my phone.

The socket has sh!t itself, as in I can only connect it to the PC for charging (no file transfer options appear). I can't even do an internet search due to the pathetic mobile signal in this area, and even connecting to the internet at this address gives no result. Just attempts to load for infinity without a bar even appearing.

So incredibly frustrating! I have seven .mp3 files sitting on the PC, and I can't even look up some app called wifi file transfer for download onto my phone. Mobile dropbox is useless as it just hangs infinitely when loading.

I much preferred to be able to transfer these files from my PC directly to the phone. I don't want to replace the phone, as it is not even 2 years old yet. It's just the USB socket that has aged due to frequent use.

Not what I'd call enjoyable exactly.
BanksfielderIdiot823 wrote: And to think, after all that, Transport for NSW STILL refuses to accept any responsibility. Everything that's happened across the modes, every major incident, they've blamed the drivers, they've blamed frontline, they've blamed everyone and everything else, they have refused every call to reimburse passengers if a major incident occurred, the beef they're having with the company they've leased off the CBD/South East tramway to is going back and forth, they had so much money before to fix problems and give the necessary upgrades such as lifts to stations which have a lot of elderly folks and families but wasted it all on new signage and liveries, and they keep proclaiming themselves to be "world-class". Damn crooks...
Some bus depots/departments just get to me so much that I give them an official name that describes them almost perfectly. This situation with NSW PT sounds comparable to what I've described.

Your last comment reminds me of each time I go through Adelaide Railway station, with the stupid ticket barriers that charge you for a journey you haven't commenced. If you complain about it, they just say 'Oh that's how it works'. I try to avoid going there at all, but unfortunately it's the only place to recharge the alleged 'smart card' after hours in the Adelaide CBD. And regarding this particular depot, I am more than willing to elaborate on it if you wish.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

"Airplane!" movie being mauled by the PC-brigade for broadcast TV. The average person makes far more crude remarks than this movie alludes to.

Why can't the bastards go after a real problem!?
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Those Farcebook posts that are essentially an image with a question engraved in it. Honestly, what the hell is behind this unusual trend?

I wonder what would occur if I posted on this forum in the same style.
Off The Rails
Favourite Vehicle: Anything with an engine brake

Post by Off The Rails »

maxresdefault (1).jpg
Cheers! :wink:
Officially the last person to tag off the 381 - 20/5/16.
Second last person to tag off the last timetabled 16 - 23/08/19.
Last person to tag off a Transdev Joondalup service - 19/1/20.
scott

Post by scott »

Clive Palmer's constant radio and TV ads.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Walk out live Clive. Always walks out on interviews whenever a question challenges him.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Post by Bus Suggestions »

scott wrote:Clive Palmer's constant radio and TV ads.
Not to mention YouTube.
I'd post any important, bus-related links I had, but they're outdated anyways.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Why do so many Australians buy Subaru cars? I just heard one go past the bus stop and they are loud raucous things.
Nothing I hate worse than a young guy tearing around in a decade+ old Liberty with fancy mags and lowered suspension and acting like he drives an Impreza WRX.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

****ing climate change. Hottest day ever recorded here in Adelaide, reaching a lovely 46.2C degrees. I don't think it will take another 79 years for this record to be broken again though.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

The (Adelaide) DPTI's DILL**** attitude towards the metro card and ticket vending machines on trains that don't accept notes!
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

Why was it changed from "global warming" to "climate change"?

What about overseas with some countries, and or towns/cities etc getting record snow falls?

TA3001, not Adelaide's, but Australia's hottest ever RECORDED reliable temperature: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oodnadatta#Climate
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

It was Adelaide's hottest day on record.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:Why was it changed from "global warming" to "climate change"?

What about overseas with some countries, and or towns/cities etc getting record snow falls?

TA3001, not Adelaide's, but Australia's hottest ever RECORDED reliable temperature: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oodnadatta#Climate
From what I've heard, William Creek makes Oodnadatta seem like the South Pole. But there is no weather station located in the district, hence no records.
Newcastle Flyer

No quoting whole posts please

• Okay what does Hollywood done?

What an awful remake of Beaches (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5918926). It's more of an "insult" to the original 1988 movie. Changing the second main character to black, altering the story line by adding a character, etc. The actors couldn't even act, and has for their so called singing. . .

• Sydney Trains cancelling a number of train services on Friday (at least 3 cancelled) but announcing it at stations, eg: Central & Musuem. Usually they would say that XYZ service(s) is / are cancelled. Hmm, . . .

• Yet again, replacing trains with coaches/buses on a long weekend.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Off The Rails
Favourite Vehicle: Anything with an engine brake

Post by Off The Rails »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:No quoting whole posts please
Didn't realise this became a dictatorship...

Cheers! :wink:
Officially the last person to tag off the 381 - 20/5/16.
Second last person to tag off the last timetabled 16 - 23/08/19.
Last person to tag off a Transdev Joondalup service - 19/1/20.
Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Post by Bus Suggestions »

This article which Merc1107 has kindly pointed out in the WA Discussion.
I'd post any important, bus-related links I had, but they're outdated anyways.
Newcastle Flyer

^^ At Off The Rails, because it makes it hard to read, especially quotes within quotes within quotes & so on.

• Fat young mothers who have their big bakooza of a pram in the way of the aisles. She made it hard for me & others to get pass. She had this big pram right next to the steps preventing passengers from getting pass, as if she has a right to "hog" the aisle. I think at the next main stopping station, it would've been passed onto the guard/station staff. Why on earth would you need such a large pram just for one?
White lives matter too.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I hate those miniature open stores inside shopping centres that are in the middle of a busy walkway.

I'm referring to something like this

At Stockland Greenhills some of these miniature stores are deadset in the middle of a tight walkway. If tight space wasn't a concern I wouldn't mind or care. Of course with these kind of stores being where they are that of course means the occasional customer is looking around the store and that even reduces more space and clogs up the walkway. And let's not about some people who don't stop far from these mini open stores and block the walkway even more with their gathering of friends or family and chit chat. I already hate going to the shopping centre enough as it is :/

Also Stockland Greenhills for knowing a well known MLM company / business inside their shopping centre. Guess as long as money talks & walks they don't care what pops up.

Partly myself, could've done a "2 birds one stone" scenario today if I had the DSLR with me, two rare buses from HVB showed up at different times around Stockland Greenhills today, if I wasn't heading to an appointment and being rushed there's a good chance I would've had my DSLR with me and got photos of both. Technically I already have a photo of 1 bus of that make and body but there's two others of the same make & body I want to get photos of and I don't know how much longer they've got till retirement.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.

Return to “The Lunch Room”