NSW On Demand Buses

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Stu

Re: NSW On Demand Buses

Post by Stu »

^ I wouldn't be expecting large crowd numbers, at best the 1A may operate on the busiest day of the three day event although in my opinion I can't see the 1A operating at all. Good opportunity for TfNSW to trial on demand services for special events.
LongliveSTA

Post by LongliveSTA »

Stu wrote:^ I wouldn't be expecting large crowd numbers, at best the 1A may operate on the busiest day of the three day event although in my opinion I can't see the 1A operating at all. Good opportunity for TfNSW to trial on demand services for special events.
It's not at all "on demand"!!! It runs to a full published timetable, the only thing is that the passengers book the bus through the app. They don't stipulate a minimum amount of time you need to book the bus, prior to it's arrival. So it must operate the whole route regardless of passengers!
LONG LIVE STA, the best bus operator in AUSTRALIA!!
Glen

Post by Glen »

Fleet Lists wrote:It will be interesting to see if the nor,alOlympic Park routes will be operating that weekend.
Major Event buses only run for events at the (large) ANZ Stadium.

This event is at Spotless Stadium, i.e. the main ring of the (Easter) Showground.

'On demand' can have many meanings.
Stu

Post by Stu »

LongliveSTA wrote:
Stu wrote:^ I wouldn't be expecting large crowd numbers, at best the 1A may operate on the busiest day of the three day event although in my opinion I can't see the 1A operating at all. Good opportunity for TfNSW to trial on demand services for special events.
It's not at all "on demand"!!! It runs to a full published timetable, the only thing is that the passengers book the bus through the app. They don't stipulate a minimum amount of time you need to book the bus, prior to it's arrival. So it must operate the whole route regardless of passengers!
I don't see much difference compared to how Bridj operates it's official On Demand services, the main difference that you pointed out is the published timetable. Customers are still require to book this service just like the on demand services and like the on demand services and all trips have to operate end-to-end even no passengers make a booking. The published timetable is certainly an added bonus.

Bridj operate on demand services to an unpublished timetables along with designated inbound & outbound routes based on peak periods and off peak periods.
jpp42

Post by jpp42 »

I think the confusing thing is that the only part that's actually "on-demand" for Bridj is what stops they make. Otherwise it's all timed to meet the ferries - which is good, that makes it a useful service, but they sure do mislead you into thinking it's not a timetabled service when in fact it totally is.
kypros1992

Post by kypros1992 »

Figtree region will end http://www.premierillawarra.com.au/pdf/ ... losure.pdf (Thirroul & Shellharbour still operating)
Stu

Post by Stu »

I wonder if it would be possible to use standard buses for the on demand service if the patronage number are good for the Rugby 7's?
OTR all day

Post by OTR all day »

Not exactly a bus:

https://www.uber.com/en-AU/newsroom/manly-uber-trial/

As usual, they all went in half cocked and didn't think of a suitable pick up / drop off location.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

And with Captain Cook Cruises which only runs a very limited service to Manly https://transportnsw.info/documents/tim ... 190127.pdf
Living in the Shire.
Qantas94Heavy

Post by Qantas94Heavy »

Fleet Lists wrote:And with Captain Cook Cruises which only runs a very limited service to Manly https://transportnsw.info/documents/tim ... 190127.pdf
I think you're looking for this timetable instead: https://transportnsw.info/documents/tim ... 190129.pdf

There are time restrictions on the Uber trip though: 6-9am to Manly, 4-7pm from Manly, weekdays only. Also not sure how the ferry discount works on the return trip.
Stu

Post by Stu »

HSBC Sydney 7s
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the proposed pop up service will no longer be available for the Rugby 7’s event as planned.

We would like to remind those attending HSBC Sydney 7s, train travel to and from the event on Sydney Trains and NSW TrainLink (non-reserved services) is included in the price of admission. Simply show your Sydney 7s ticket at the barrier and hop on! This offer applies to the Sydney Trains and NSW TrainLink network bounded by Goulburn, Bathurst, Dungog/Scone and Bomaderry.

Funds have been returned to those who have booked the service.
JANUARY 24, 2019
https://www.bridj.com/news/2019/1/24/hsbc-sydney-7s
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

Albury - Jindera - Walla Walla - Burrumbuttock on demand will start on Monday
seems to be using a Hiace or something similar
mandonov

Post by mandonov »

Opal Pay now on Newcastle Transport's on demand service: https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5885 ... s/?cs=7573
burrumbus

Post by burrumbus »

Yes,our service commences on Monday 11/2/19.if you check our website you can see exactly how the service will operate.
Vehicle in use will be CA41MU Toyota Hiace(2014)C11C.
A very promising start with 23 pax movements for day one,keeping our drivers busy over the day.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

burrumbus wrote:Yes,our service commences on Monday 11/2/19.if you check our website you can see exactly how the service will operate.
Vehicle in use will be CA41MU Toyota Hiace(2014)C11C.
A very promising start with 23 pax movements for day one,keeping our drivers busy over the day.
Congratulations burrumbus. Nice clear, informative, user-friendly website too - that's an achievement on its own nowadays!
burrumbus

Post by burrumbus »

Thanks Tony.
The website design was done by Brooke and Ben Ogle-proprietors of Berry Bus Service.Matt and I were rapt with the results.See their website https://www.berrybus.com.au
So far all good this morning !!
burrumbus

Post by burrumbus »

We also have a facebook page.Google Regional buses facebook.
Hopefully a nice smooth running day !!!
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

burrumbus wrote: Hopefully a nice smooth running day !!!
Indeed
Last edited by tonyp on Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
burrumbus

Post by burrumbus »

Very successful opening day with Matt and I rapt with the day.
Hopefully one of many.15 pax booked for day 2.Great stuff.
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

judging by my tracking on TransportMe, it seems the bus went to Albury 4 times during the day?
Sounds like a very busy day first up
burrumbus

Post by burrumbus »

You were not far out Xplorer.It actually went to Albury 6 times over the day.Very busy and pleasing first day.
Yesterday 5 times into Albury.The interesting thing thus far is the demand from Walla.We thought 3-4 times out to Walla a day,plus 2-3 to Jindera.Walla has exceeeded what we thought thus far.It will be very interesting to see how the demand evolves !! Hopefully very solidly !!!
That transportme programme bus tracking system is superb.We have promoted that to our regular pax with a nice take up.
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

Geez, not much demand from Burrum? Hope more people there can take up the service
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Good to see encouraging signs in the country, where such services are potentially of greatest benefit of all. Ahh technology.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
burrumbus

Post by burrumbus »

Xplorer wrote:Geez, not much demand from Burrum? Hope more people there can take up the service
2 pax thus far from Burrum Xplorer .One of those will be a regular twice per week.Thanks for your interest too !! There is not a service like this in Australia as you would be aware.Early days yet though.Matt and I are very pleased with the first 3 days.We have the run times right which is most important-to have our pax where they want on time.Most of our pax thus far are regular pax with the same daily timings.Feedback is very good with our pax very happy with the service.Our 2 drivers are just great-doing a fantastic job.The trick over time will be filling up those regular time slots with more regular and ad hoc pax to carry hopefully 5-8 pax per trip.
For swift the technology is great.Not cheap ,but it will be over time .We still have some more work to get the transportme system doing what was intended and synching with the recording that TFNSW want.Hopefully Friday or early next week.
burrumbus

Post by burrumbus »

Swift wrote:Good to see encouraging signs in the country, where such services are potentially of greatest benefit of all. Ahh technology.
Agreed completely,swift.This concept can be applied in a lot of different areas for different purposes.We are very pleased that TFNSW gave us the opportunity to trial our ideas-which hopefully will be successful over the trial period.
Smaller operators tend to be much better at running innovative new services rather than large operators.I know that from the enthusiast side in me.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”