newbie Hino 1976 owner

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###
customhinowa

newbie Hino 1976 owner

Post by customhinowa »

Hi
I have recently taken on a 1976 Hino bus chassis with a custom body motorhome and being a classic BMW guy I have no idea where to start looking for parts and assistance with the various projects that will pop up. I would prefer not to use the mainstream Hino dealer unless I have no choice due to the age of the vehicle and hopefully I will learn a few things
Shane
Attachments
vinplatesbus.jpg
bustow.jpg
bustow.jpg (115.42 KiB) Viewed 9533 times
Guy_Arab
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N Bus & Guy Arab

Re: newbie Hino 1976 owner

Post by Guy_Arab »

customhinowa wrote:Hi
I have recently taken on a 1976 Hino bus chassis with a custom body motorhome and being a classic BMW guy I have no idea where to start looking for parts and assistance with the various projects that will pop up. I would prefer not to use the mainstream Hino dealer unless I have no choice due to the age of the vehicle and hopefully I will learn a few things
Shane
if you let me know engine type PLUS GEARBOX TYPE
I may have manual

GUY ARAB
customhinowa

Post by customhinowa »

Thanks for the reply. Flat 6 cylinder NA with pre select (semi auto?) I am used to the VIN when tracking parts for my BMW's is it a similar system for trucks/buses?
Guy_Arab
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N Bus & Guy Arab

Post by Guy_Arab »

Guy_Arab wrote:
customhinowa wrote:Hi
Shane
if you let me know engine type PLUS GEARBOX TYPE
I may have manual

GUY ARAB
If you still require manual 6CYLINDER UNDERFLOOR ENGINE I found full details on motor plus troubleshooting on rest of bus parts on bus ON DVD
GUY ARAB
Trevor 062
Favourite Vehicle: SUSSEX INLET SB50 HCL

Post by Trevor 062 »

Can you post a few more pic's of your bus, as it looks like it has been extensively modified..Cheers Trevor

Return to “New Users/Ask a Simple Question”