STA Observations - July to December 2018

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Transport Buff
Favourite Vehicle: R9 Volvo Volgren artic

Re: STA Observations - July to December 2018

Post by Transport Buff »

boronia wrote: It is ridiculous to expect customers to know they have to look at "Inner West" maps to find services to Bondi Junction and Coogee.
I totally agree. Especially for non regular users and people who are not interested or aware of public transport as much.
Love Volvo B12BLEA, Mercedes O405NH, Scania K310UB, Custom Denning Element
Excited for:
-Sydney Metro C&SW, West, WSydAirport
-NIF
-PLR
-WestConnex
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@TransportBuff
Transport Buff

Post by Transport Buff »

According to Anytrip...
The last couple night on route 333N, I have noticed some Mercedes OC500LE Custom CB60 Evo IIs, and a Scania K280UB Bustech VST.
I thought both the 333 and 333N wwas supposed to be a high capacity bus route serviced by only Volgren artics and sometimes Custom artics.
I suppose late at night there is less people using the buses so more capacity is not needed. That is maybe why the standard rigids are sometimes used rather than the artics.
Excited for:
-NIF
-PLR
-WestConnex
stupid_girl

Re: Private Observations - July to December 2018

Post by stupid_girl »

https://transportnsw.info/documents/tim ... 181014.pdf
I found a route 362 timetable for "30 April 2018 - 14 Oct 2018".
This is extremely misleading as route 362 did not operate during this period. :evil:
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

And there is another one starting tomorrow https://transportnsw.info/documents/tim ... 181015.pdf
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

stupid_girl wrote:https://transportnsw.info/documents/tim ... 181014.pdf
I found a route 362 timetable for "30 April 2018 - 14 Oct 2018".
This is extremely misleading as route 362 did not operate during this period. :evil:
And this one wont be there tomorrow Monday so here is an archived version https://web.archive.org/web/20181014111 ... 181014.pdf
Living in the Shire.
J_Busworth
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L113TRB Ansair Orana

Post by J_Busworth »

Fleet Lists wrote:And there is another one starting tomorrow https://transportnsw.info/documents/tim ... 181015.pdf
At least this one is technically a valid timetable, as the first service operates on October 20th this year.
https://transportnswblog.com
RIP STA L113s 28/01/93 - 12/01/22
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

Meh, route 400 today, looks like regrettably, actually, Waverley is in charge of the vast majority of the trips. Day 1 of that new timetable, yes, I did indeed observe Randwick seemed to be in charge, pity it didn't last.

400 used to have a significant variety of buses to keep it fresh and fun every time, but thats gone now :| During the day off-peak, its more or less CNG buses mostly (0405NH or 0500LE) with an uncommon Port Botany bus joining the mix, during peak then Waverleys L113CRB Orana's and the occasional bus from Randwick comes into play. Night is the worst though by far, VSTM's only (!) with the very, very occasional Volvo CB60 Euro V. I sure do miss all the fun ones from Kingsgrove.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Jurassic_Joke wrote:Meh, route 400 today, looks like regrettably, actually, Waverley is in charge of the vast majority of the trips. Day 1 of that new timetable, yes, I did indeed observe Randwick seemed to be in charge, pity it didn't last.

400 used to have a significant variety of buses to keep it fresh and fun every time, but thats gone now :| During the day off-peak, its more or less CNG buses mostly (0405NH or 0500LE) with an uncommon Port Botany bus joining the mix, during peak then Waverleys L113CRB Orana's and the occasional bus from Randwick comes into play. Night is the worst though by far, VSTM's only (!) with the very, very occasional Volvo CB60 Euro V. I sure do miss all the fun ones from Kingsgrove.
I've underlined the main reason W is a pain in the @$$.
But yeah, the usual insipid selection you can expect now. The Scania L113CRB makes up for it though, as long as you can score one.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Frosty

Post by Frosty »

Jurassic_Joke wrote:Meh, route 400 today, looks like regrettably, actually, Waverley is in charge of the vast majority of the trips. Day 1 of that new timetable, yes, I did indeed observe Randwick seemed to be in charge, pity it didn't last.

I see during the afternoon peak towards from the Airport to Bondi a lot of buses are from P and are of the Bustech variety. During weekends Volvo CB60 is quite common from all 3 depots. It now appears 14.5m buses don't appear on the 400 from P probably being all used on Anzac Parade services.
Transport Buff

Post by Transport Buff »

swtt wrote:
stajourneyman wrote:
AIRPORT 400
LIMITED STOPS

INTERNATIONAL 400
TERMINAL

AIRPORT 400
VIA DOMESTIC TERM

If it is OK? Can I ask, how did you create the animated gif of the scrolling bus desto? Was it done with a simulator of some kind, or in a graphics program like Illustrator?

Bu the way it looks really cool and professional.
Excited for:
-NIF
-PLR
-WestConnex
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

AIRPORT
DOMESTIC - INTER'L

should fit on the screen

AIRPORT
LIMITED STOPS

LIMITED STOPS is not really necessary because it is meaningless to people who don't know where the bus goes and where these stops are. The route number 400 defines the route and the stops.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Richard290
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B8RLE Volgren Optimus

Post by Richard290 »

Can confirm some artics in the Corporate livery are being utilised on some off-peak 288 services between Epping and the City. I caught M's 1697 on a Citybound service this morning, and saw another artic leaving Macquarie Centre for Epping around 3:40pm this arvo.
Living at the north end of the 513 & 535. and the confluence of 513, 535, 546, 549, 550, 553, 625 & 630.
Swift

Post by Swift »

UNSW students up to their usual antics overwhelming the 393 into Railway Sq. It was about 6:15pm on Monday, do not they have their own services at that time?
*There are some extremely insulting terms I was thinking at the time toward them for doing this.
Attachments
IMG_20181015_182814-1000x563.jpg
moa999

Post by moa999 »

It's a bus it stops. They might not be going all the way to Central.

If you're so concerned get off and catch the express yourself.
Swift

Post by Swift »

I had a seat thanks. If there is a bus especially for them, they should get that, otherwise they are no better than school kids crowding out a service in the afternoon.
There should be a supp sign that says uni students keep out.
J_Busworth
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L113TRB Ansair Orana

Post by J_Busworth »

Swift wrote:I had a seat thanks. If there is a bus especially for them, they should get that, otherwise they are no better than school kids crowding out a service in the afternoon.
I think the issue is that there is no UNSW express service leaving from ANZAC parade. Both services leave High Street and it is a relatively further walk than the stops on ANZAC Parade. But they have every right to be on the 393.
https://transportnswblog.com
RIP STA L113s 28/01/93 - 12/01/22
Swift

Post by Swift »

J_Busworth wrote:
Swift wrote:I had a seat thanks. If there is a bus especially for them, they should get that, otherwise they are no better than school kids crowding out a service in the afternoon.

But they have every right to be on the 393.
They're still being a nuisance which makes it a problem that needs to be addressed by the transport agency. They used to clog regular services when their buses stopped just in front or behind! They are just thoughtless individuals.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Swift wrote:UNSW students up to their usual antics overwhelming the 393 into Railway Sq.
That's not what I'd call an overwhelmed bus.
BroadGauge
Favourite Vehicle: Car

Post by BroadGauge »

Swift wrote:*There are some extremely insulting terms I was thinking at the time toward them for doing this.
What would those terms be?
Swift

Post by Swift »

tonyp wrote:
Swift wrote:UNSW students up to their usual antics overwhelming the 393 into Railway Sq.
That's not what I'd call an overwhelmed bus.
What would qualify then tonyp? Does it look like anybody else down the road could board the service? I don't think so. Everyone its so determined catch bullets for these people. It mystifies me. They aren't sacred cows.
moa999

Post by moa999 »

No. They are paying passengers just like you and have every right to get on any bus going from A to B
Swift

Post by Swift »

That's the whole problem!!! I hardly think they're going to put on extra buses to cater to this problem, so what do we do to solve it? Don't tell me putting up with it is the "solution". I'm not buying that.
I will continue viewing this hijacking of the service as a problem until I see solutions implemented.
BroadGauge
Favourite Vehicle: Car

Post by BroadGauge »

Swift wrote:I will continue viewing this hijacking of the service as a problem until I see solutions implemented.
In South Africa, the expression "hijacking of a service" refers to when an angry mob threatens the driver with either violence or weapons and demands that they divert the service to their desired route or destination.

In Sydney, it means when people board the only available bus to the city from a bus stop, and ride on that bus into the city.

:twisted:
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

I just wonder - on the basis of long Sydney experience - whether a bus is actually full if you can see daylight through the back half of the bus, or whether it's just claimed to be full. The standees in that photo look rather spread out.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

J_Busworth wrote:
I think the issue is that there is no UNSW express service leaving from ANZAC parade. Both services leave High Street and it is a relatively further walk than the stops on ANZAC Parade. But they have every right to be on the 393.
Even when there were expresses from Anzac Pde, they were often insufficient and the 39Xs took up the slack. I live inbound of UNSW and getting a bus to pick up was often difficult.

Often at night, the queue for buses extended from the NIDA stop almost back to Day Ave,
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”