What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by TA3001 »

Grumpy drivers.
Newcastle Flyer

NO quoting of whole posts MEANS what it means.

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

People who quote whole posts, including when the post says "NO quoting of whole posts" (be it emphasised in any number of ways). This includes pictures that state "No quoting of pictures."

Edit: Hint, ur HINT, HINT
Last edited by Newcastle Flyer on Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
B10BLE
Favourite Vehicle: C63 AMG Black

Post by B10BLE »

Robert Walls.
Contra la Luna
Newcastle Flyer

No quoting of whole post, including photo
Newcastle Flyer wrote:Let's just say I said it politely AT FIRST for the first few times. Then I said it with some "emphasis", then a bit louder. Yep other's in the carriage turned their heads & looked at me. And I don't bloomin' care. Best not to say what I added at the end.
• And it's people like this dirty person that has made me sick.

• Possibly same vehicle a note was put on the vehicle before (Click on photo):
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Newcastle Flyer

To the now "greedy" Newcastle Herald, it's only one "line", no plural.
"Trains delayed between Wyong and Morisset on Central Coast and Newcastle lines"
White lives matter too.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

"Smoking is good for you."
BanksfielderIdiot823
Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Post by BanksfielderIdiot823 »

When some companies decide after taking ownership of a place to rebrand it from its otherwise notable and sometimes historic name to something so generic. Fortunately the locals don't give in to it.
One example is the Sears Tower in Chicago getting renamed to Willis Tower (no true Chicagoan would ever call it the latter)

Another example: Bankstown Square to Centro, then to Bankstown Central
I know this from being born and raised in Bankstown; Centro is pretty popular among the young adults, but you're truly from Bankstown if you still call it the Square. Very few people there will call it Bankstown Central.

And more recently, part of Greenway Plaza on The Horsley Drive was subject to an attempted rebranding to "Homemaker Greenway" No. The whole thing will always be Greenway Plaza.

I will say, some rebrandings aren't too bad though. It just only wrecks it if it's a big local identity or a historic name.
Volgren all day, every day
Dear T80; If the decker's not a Volgren, I'm not interested.
Westbus Fairfield + Dandy Hub = perfection
Good old Collingwood forever.
Long live the potato cake.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

One guy proposed renaming Qantas to Air Australia in the 1990s. Some people should not have been born.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

BanksfielderIdiot823 wrote:When some companies decide after taking ownership of a place to rebrand it from its otherwise notable and sometimes historic name to something so generic. Fortunately the locals don't give in to it.
One example is the Sears Tower in Chicago getting renamed to Willis Tower (no true Chicagoan would ever call it the latter)

I know this from being born and raised in Bankstown; Centro is pretty popular among the young adults, but you're truly from Bankstown if you still call it the Square. Very few people there will call it Bankstown Central.

And more recently, part of Greenway Plaza on The Horsley Drive was subject to an attempted rebranding to "Homemaker Greenway" No. The whole thing will always be Greenway Plaza.

I will say, some rebrandings aren't too bad though. It just only wrecks it if it's a big local identity or a historic name.
I know this is highly trivial compared to the above mention, but the DPTI in Adelaide has decided to remove an alpha numeric name from a route that is through-linked to Magill. It will be changed from 14/10/18 to a route that continues to Salisbury as a 502 (with 500/501 variants). Although it should still be named T50() due to missing several stops along the way, the western portion of this operation will be referred to as the 110, which is just a stupid replacement for the former B in the route name. It is currently B10 until the 14th. The annoying thing about this change is that the DPTI has renamed the eastern portion of this route back to 106, but not acknowledged the former STA route.

Anyhow, it will always be the 113 to me. In a similar way that the current 163 from Adelaide to West Beach is the 278A from my perspective. Services along the main corridor that this services used to be known as 274, 275, 278 etc. But this changed when the alpha numeric cross town routes were introduced, and after the hills routes had their 1s replaced with 8s (IE 164 became 864).
GazzaOak

Post by GazzaOak »

BanksfielderIdiot823 wrote:When some companies decide after taking ownership of a place to rebrand it from its otherwise notable and sometimes historic name to something so generic. Fortunately the locals don't give in to it.

Its like westfield warrigah mall, people just simply call it warrigah mall as it old name.... but just to be annoying, i call it westfield brookie
White ribbon day is most sexist thing ever
Swift

Post by Swift »

GazzaOak wrote: Its like westfield warrigah mall, people just simply call it warrigah mall as it old name.... but just to be annoying, i call it westfield brookie
Centrepoint Tower. That tower doesn't need some company's name plastered on it by an ego-madman.
homer9000

Post by homer9000 »

a through linked 110/501,110/502,110/500.the part about it being through linked for the most part made me think of the old 125(present day H20)and old 580 in some aspects.i am pleased to see the 530 and 578 is back.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

So I visit a 'Subway' in north west Adelaide (in the vicinity of the Fleurieu peninsula). The name isn't actually the one I use to address the food chain, and this young woman puts her finger in her ear to scratch it just as she's about to put gloves on.

I know that this is no different to what occurs 'behind the scenes', but isn't it reasonable to expect folks to at least make themselves look like professionals whilst serving customers, instead of golliwogs?

And the above post referring to the new '110'. Completely stupid naming.
Newcastle Flyer

• Two admins of this board, and one of them for approving more than three times the number of pictures that are allowed per post.

• ABC & other radio stations, it's "Daylight Saving", NOT "Daylight SavingS", or better "Daylight Moving Time". You don't save, you move it. Better still, make that Daylight Stupid Time!
White lives matter too.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:Better still, make that Daylight Stupid Time!
Thanks to DST, every year we have the same whinging babies get on their high horses and try to tell us that W.A. should implement it too. We've already voted "NO!" three times now. There was a three year trial - which as a youngster I remember meaning I went to bed when it was still blazing hot and reasonably bright outdoors.

If "extra daylight" (no, there's no extra daylight, our clocks are just manipulated to make it more sociable for some people) means so much - then get up earlier. If your job stops you enjoying the great outdoors, get a different job. Or move interstate.

I don't see why 'daylight savings' are that important in Australia anyway during our Summer. It seems it would have greater utility in the 21st century as something we do in the wintertime.
Swift

Post by Swift »

I hate it and that smug dictator "Doris" Iemma extended the duration to half the year, a move that was only supposed to happen for the 2000 Olympics. The Labor bludgers made it permanent :x .
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

The amount of folks on Farcebook that uses images with text embedded in it to ask their question instead of just typing it...

Honestly, what purpose is it for?
Off The Rails
Favourite Vehicle: Anything with an engine brake

Post by Off The Rails »

maxresdefault (1).jpg
Cheers! :wink:
Officially the last person to tag off the 381 - 20/5/16.
Second last person to tag off the last timetabled 16 - 23/08/19.
Last person to tag off a Transdev Joondalup service - 19/1/20.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

The above image.

I believe bro/bother is the term used by a beggar, but it's also common with folks of aboriginal origin.
Last edited by TA3001 on Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swift

Post by Swift »

^ not to mention that foreign country to the east.
Swift

Post by Swift »

The sickening cringe coverage of Harry and Megan's visit.
Visit to the Zoo to pet a koala.✔
Harbour cruise.✔
Aboriginal performance. ✔
Selected local dignitaries fawning over them like gods. ✔
Aussie public acting like it's a big deal they're here. ✔
All the boxes ticked every time a royal couple from stuffy England arrive.
You can guarantee they can't wait to leave.
werkhorse

Post by werkhorse »

I must admit I was impressed he remembers that old lady (her name escapes me) imagine all the people who expect him to remember them... But as for the Hoo Haa about it all... Hmm... Yeah... Na
Swift

Post by Swift »

At least Harry has some feeling of connection to the these parts. Meg has precisely zero. Over time, that may change.
scott

Post by scott »

Been home sick this week with one vile head cold and sick and tired of the Harry and Meaghan show and funeral and life insurance ads, wasting too much daytime TV. Hopefully Judge Judy will have some stupid person on to laugh at.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Motorists going up clearly marked one way roads

There's signs saying No entry, one way road, even the arrow markers on the road clearly show that this is a one way road but oh no gotta go up that one way road and ignore the obvious warnings just to do a u-turn in the end because you were going the wrong way for what ever reason. We all make mistakes but come on, your behind the wheel and traffic is only going in one direction, what makes you think that this is a both directions road?

Not the first time it's happened at these particular lights, I remember going back on same road on a weekend a few months back and someone else also going up the one way road, maybe it's time we start putting tyre spikes on one way roads to prevent idiots going up the wrong way?
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.

Return to “The Lunch Room”