Administrator

Re: Route/Timetable changes 23rd and 30th September 2018

Post by Fleet Lists »

Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

swtt wrote:New timetable for 420N might show up later?
There is now a link to 420N https://transportnsw.info/routes/detail ... 0n/74420-N but timetable is not available
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Fleet Lists wrote:The new Region 6 timetables for 30/9 including routes 420 and 418 are no longer available on Transport Info this morning.
It is hoped to have them back tomorrow as they are trying to resolve a technical issue with them.
Living in the Shire.
sydneysider

Post by sydneysider »

Campbelltown busboy wrote:
sydneysider wrote:I'll take a guess.. The two services would always overtake the service preceding it (departing holsworthy 5 mins earlier but stopping at Padstow and Riverwood) using the outer tracks and would have to wait for the earlier service to catch up before Wolli Creek. From a load balancing perspective I would've thought the better solution would have been to run the express service first (taking all the Macarthur - Holsworthy passengers heading for the airport and the city) leaving space on the next service for Padstow and Riverwood passengers but I guess that would've required a larger timetable change.
The current 2 morning peak stopping pattens for Macarthur to the city are all stops to Ingleburn then Glenfeild all stops to Revsby then Sydenham St Peters Redfern Central then all stations around the city circle via Museum and there is all stops to Holsworthy then Padstow Riverwood Wolli Creek Then all stops to city circle via airport then there are the all stop services that start from Revsby
The 714 and 729 services from Macarthur currently stop all stations to Holsworthy then Wolli Creek and all to the city. These two services are adding revesby as an additional stop.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
pgt
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202/MB O305G/Volvo B10M

Post by pgt »

Ray wrote:The new 136 timetable has several early morning trips departing Chatswood before the first service ex Manly arrives. So we will either see a lot of special running ex V or possibly the debut of M depot on full length 136s. Same for reverse direction at night.
Wouldn't surprise me if a bus from M depot does the 136 full length service, since they already do the 143/144 service more so now (by observation) - and some of those I'm referring to are mid evening services to boot.

Or, not as likely, a bus from N depot, though that's stretching it a bit far.
"It's my way or the (side of the) highway".
Might be a way to lead life, but more like the way that some people drive.
Ray

Post by Ray »

Yes the only reasons for involving N would be to either prevent "off sector" running - M not being a "Northern Beaches" sector depot - or secondly because N probably has less to do since losing M30s and some 144s to M.

But in terms of dead running, both routes should always have been done by M.
Go Cats.
stupid_girl

Post by stupid_girl »

stupid_girl wrote:
Fleet Lists wrote: I suspect they got caught out on that as M40 is not a region 9 route but region 7 and hence got overlooked for 23/9 - I will raise that with them.
M40 new weekend timetable has highly irregular intervals.
I think someone must have uploaded the wrong data feed.
https://transportnsw.info/documents/tim ... 180930.pdf
A few days have passed but M40 weekend timetable is still not fixed.
Based on earlier press release, M40 should run at 15 minute interval on weekend.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

New region 6 timetables are now back - still school term instead of school holidays - now separate 420N timetable but it has no wheelchair trips weekdays and Saturdays. 418 seems to have wheelchair problems fixed but not the 420.
Living in the Shire.
Frosty

Post by Frosty »

I’ve had a look at the 420N & 400 timetable the buses eastbound there is around 25 min gap between 420N arriving & 400 departing. Westbound the 400 arrives 1 minute after 420N departs. Also STA is running very tight turnaround on the night 400 services allowing only for 5 mins.

Interestingly the 5:14 service from International Airport will departs before the outbound from Bondi. Could P be doing the first service it being closest depot.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

From Busways http://www.busways.com.au/information/n ... djustments
Western Sydney bus service adjustments from 30 September
13 Sep 2018

From Sunday 30 September, there will be adjustments to train and bus services to support the new Sydney Metro Northwest coming in the second quarter of 2019. The changes will include:

minor adjustments to departure times on Routes 661, 728, 746, 756, 757, 775, 780, 786 and T72 to align with train services
temporary bus stop changes on Route 740 at Macquarie Park Station and Macquarie University Station.

Your trip may change. To see if these changes will affect you:

read an overview of the bus service adjustments for detailed information
see the temporary bus stop changes on Route 740 at Macquarie Park Station and Macquarie University Station
plan your trip at transportnsw.info
And from http://www.busways.com.au/information/n ... -september

Route 740: Temporary bus stop changes at Macquarie Park from 30 September - see link for details

And from http://www.busways.com.au/information/n ... djustments
Central Coast bus service adjustments from 30 September
11 Sep 2018

From Sunday 30 September, there will be adjustments to Central Coast bus services to align with train services.

The changes will include altered departure times with buses leaving earlier or later on most route services.

In addition, changes to dedicated school services in the Central Coast area will be introduced from 30 September to service growing demand from Lake Munmorah High School, St Brigid’s Catholic College and St Brendan’s Catholic Primary School students. School students will need to check their timetables to and from school prior to the start of school Term 4 commencing on Monday 15 October.

Your trip may change. To see if these changes will affect you:

read an overview of the bus service adjustments for detailed information
read an overview of the school bus changes for detailed information
plan your trip on transportnsw.info
find a new school timetable on our website from Monday 17 September.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

From Red Bus https://www.redbus.com.au/news/59-new-t ... -september
News
New timetables from 30 September

From 30 November, a new Train timetable will start across Sydney and surrounds. Some changes will be made to existing bus timetables to align with the new train timetable, making it easier for you to change between different modes of public transport.

Download the new Bateau Bay Square timetable (Routes 19, 29, 45, 48)
Download the new Gosford City timetable (Routes 20, 40–44)
Download the new Gosford to The Entrance timetable (Routes 17–19, 21–23, 28)
Download the new Wyong to The Entrance timetable (Routes 15–16, 19, 24–26, 30, 47)

For more information on all of the changes across Sydney and surrounds, visit https://transportnsw.info/station-link- ... djustments
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Hunter Valley Buses https://www.cdcbus.com.au/news-2/hunter ... djustments

Bus service adjustments

Sunday 30 September 2018

There will be changes to some Hunter Valley bus services providing better travel options and more reliable bus services.
Plan your trip at transportnsw.info

Route 140 - View
Route 261 - View
Route 262 - View
Route 263 - View
Route 267 - View
See article for timetable links.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Hillsbus https://www.cdcbus.com.au/latest-news/3 ... djustments
Bus service adjustments

Sunday 30 September 2018

There will be changes to some Hillsbus routes and times to align with train services and support more reliable journeys.

Additional services will be introduced on Route 614X to and from the City.

Route M60 - View
Route T63 - View
Route 614X - View
Route 607X - View
Route 608 - View
Route 609 - View
Route 610 - View
Route 610X - View
Route 625 - View
Route 626 - View
Route 630 - View
Route 632 - View
Route 633- View
Route 635 - View
Route 637 - View
Route 638 - View
Route 639 - View
Route 644 - View
Route 651 - View
Route 711 - View
Route 714 - View
Route 715 - View
See article for timetable links.
Living in the Shire.
stupid_girl

Post by stupid_girl »

stupid_girl wrote:
Fleet Lists wrote: I suspect they got caught out on that as M40 is not a region 9 route but region 7 and hence got overlooked for 23/9 - I will raise that with them.
M40 new weekend timetable has highly irregular intervals.
I think someone must have uploaded the wrong data feed.
https://transportnsw.info/documents/tim ... 180930.pdf
Unfortunately this is still not fixed. :evil:
How long will it take for a proper M40 weekend timetable to be uploaded?
Aurora
Favourite Vehicle: C set

Post by Aurora »

Jurassic_Joke wrote:
TSE_SecretAni wrote:
Central Coast & Newcastle Line - Services will no longer stop at Burwood and Eastwood in response to customer feedback.
This is easily the best change, bar none. No offence, but I can sympathise with the "up yours" sentiment from Central Coast passengers that just can't get a seat during the peak because people going to Burwood and Eastwood are lazy and don't use the service thats 'intended' for them. I'm happy for these people. I see on Facebook comments a lot of people from Eastwood are whinging that they don't get IC trains at Eastwood anymore, lol, cry me a river, please tell me how hard you have it and how you have no more trains altogether at Eastwood.

Next, remove Blacktown from Blue Mountains line (I very much support that Westmead got the chop too, now time to go full circle). And Granville too (weekends?) while we're at it, unless thats already been done
Wholeheartedly agree. Intercity services should be making no more than 3 stops within the Suburban catchment. Eastwood has 8 trains an hour in the peak in the updated timetable and Burwood has all T2 services made available to them which means better capacity and crowd management for T1 and T9 services.
An asset of NSW. All opinions/comments are strictly my own.
M 5885.
swtt

Post by swtt »

T9?
andy_centralcoast

Post by andy_centralcoast »

stupid_girl wrote:
Jurassic_Joke wrote: No offence, but I can sympathise with the "up yours" sentiment from Central Coast passengers that just can't get a seat during the peak because people going to Burwood and Eastwood are lazy and don't use the service thats 'intended' for them. I'm happy for these people. I see on Facebook comments a lot of people from Eastwood are whinging that they don't get IC trains at Eastwood anymore, lol, cry me a river, please tell me how hard you have it and how you have no more trains altogether at Eastwood.
Passengers to Central Coast will get a seat after Eastwood passengers alight.
Peak hours train paths are extremely valuable and should not be under-utilised.
Without the suburban stops, the current peak frequency of intercity trains cannot be justified.
It's more of a problem on the afternoon peak Central Coast via North Shore services - they start at Blacktown and stop all stations from Redfern to Chatswood. They can be fairly full with people travelling from the Western Line and City to stations between North Sydney & Chatswood, and can be so full at Wynyard that they leave customers for the Central Coast stations stranded on the platform at Wynyard unable to board, yet there is always plenty of room after Chatswood.

The platform staff yell over the PA "stand back behind the yellow line - there's another train in 3 minutes", but the next train to Wyong isn't for another 30 minutes. They unfortunately don't say "stand back and wait 3 minutes if you're only going to Waverton, and let those for the Central Coast board."

I know of many who catch the via Shore to Wynyard in the morning but in the afternoon they backtrack to Central to take the via Strathfield train.

Jurassic_Joke wrote: Create a bit more capacity for people actually wanting to travel long journeys. This also speeds up journey time a bit going to/from Central on Intercity trains.
Unfortunately even though there are less stops, the journey time stays the same or actually increases in the new timetable. The same thing happened for the weekend changes when Eastwood was removed. When running on time, CCN trains to Central now dwell at Epping for 3-4 minutes on weekends.
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

When the new, shortened route 400 starts at the end of the month and State Transit is fully in charge again, anyone happen to know which depot will (mainly) be in charge? Sure absolutely hope it isn't Waverley, we don't need any more encouragement for VSTM's that don't belong, although given how they're used for basically everything from Waverley during the night, I'dve guessed that would have run out at this stage. Hope it's Randwick. Or even Port Botany.
Ray

Post by Ray »

They unfortunately don't say "stand back and wait 3 minutes if you're only going to Waverton, and let those for the Central Coast board."
I've often thought they should simply omit the earlier stations on the destination displays so they would only show North Sydney, Chatswood etc.
The service could still stop at Wollstonecraft and Waverton and Atarmon and some passengers would work that out, but a lot of people won't take the risk and that will help with balancing the load.

And that's also another way to stop latecomers making a last minute charge at the closing doors - blank out the destination screen when the guard blows the whistle and people wouldn't be able to make an informed choice to barge on board.
Go Cats.
Linto63

Post by Linto63 »

Ray wrote:And that's also another way to stop latecomers making a last minute charge at the closing doors - blank out the destination screen when the guard blows the whistle and people wouldn't be able to make an informed choice to barge on board.
That won't stop them, they''ll just hold the doors and ask does this go to station X and everybody will shrug their shoulders further delaying.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Platform staff at most stations don't have much control over desto screens these days.

Watch people at Central who just jump on the trains when the screens show "Train Terminates, do not board..."

On weekends, South Coast train screens show first stop Helensburgh, but this doesn't stop people getting off at intermediate stations because they know they train stops to pick up.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Glen

Post by Glen »

boronia wrote:Platform staff at most stations don't have much control over desto screens these days.
I just lurv the automated announcements that play in parallel on adjacent platforms at Central so that nobody can hear either.

Talk about too smart by half.
Craig

Post by Craig »

Fleet Lists wrote:
swtt wrote:M40 is meant to get new services from 23/9, but the PDF uploaded only starts from 30/9!
I suspect they got caught out on that as M40 is not a region 9 route but region 7 and hence got overlooked for 23/9 - I will raise that with them.
Both the start date and the muddled weekend timetable data issues for the M40 have not been fixed, now less than a week out. Starting to get a little late for GTFS feeds to work correctly on Google Maps and various apps next week. :x

I tweeted @busesinfo yesterday, who replied "We can confirm the changes roll out on the 23rd."

See - https://twitter.com/craig_halsall/statu ... 5485871104

Kind Regards

Craig :-)
swtt

Post by swtt »

The m40 TT page now has 23-29 Sept listed and also from 30 Sept.

Unfortunately it is still totally wrong on the inside. The weekend frequency is still the 20 min frequency and not 15 min. Later evening services also do not appear.

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk
swtt

Post by swtt »

On another note: this change for 30/9 has intrigued me -
T1 Western Line trains to and from Richmond will not stop at Lidcombe between 6am and 10pm on weekdays
When the 26/11 TT was introduced, I thought every train having a uniform stopping pattern between Central and Parramatta was a fantastic idea - Redfern - Strathfield - Lidcombe - Parramatta. Now it's been wrecked again without any particular reason.

Are the passenger counts not warranting the Richmond services stopping there?

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”