STA Observations - July to December 2018

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Jurassic_Joke

Re: STA Observations - July to December 2018

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

Sad to see more 0405NH’s go, but at least they weren’t replaced by Bustechs. That’s a very positive thing in my opinion
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Jurassic_Joke wrote:Sad to see more 0405NH’s go, but at least they weren’t replaced by Bustechs. That’s a very positive thing in my opinion
Bustech Very Staid Transport buses will replace 0405Not Hurrying buses on route though.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
sunnyyan
Favourite Vehicle: MB OC500LE CC CB60 CNG

Post by sunnyyan »

Saw 1820 from P on 377 today with a Metrobus 10 stop list/diagram from back when it ran from Leichhardt Marketplace to Kingsford.
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

Swift wrote:
Jurassic_Joke wrote:Sad to see more 0405NH’s go, but at least they weren’t replaced by Bustechs. That’s a very positive thing in my opinion
Bustech Very Staid Transport buses will replace 0405Not Hurrying buses on route though.
What I meant to say was, at least the recent batch of B8’s (which I think as someone else said is quite obvious they’ve replaced some 0405NH), those, at least they weren’t a new batch of Bustechs. P has more than enough. I expect to very quickly see that the B8’s will enter the overnight service on N10 and N11 and it won’t be only Bustechs running then

Two years ago today in 2016 (when the latest batch of Bustech was being delivered), I was starting to lose hope that STA would ever get a decent bus type again, then 2017 came and all of sudden switched back to CB80’s. And then Volgren this year. Transit Systems has meanwhile taken over the Inner West (a fair chunk) and their first ‘independent’ (ie not ex-STA) bus, the Gemilang, I think, it’s a great bus. As I said elsewhere, it does away with everything nasty STA loves (metal walls, harsh lighting, removing seats for luggage space etc), So I’m feeling positive about the future, not just STA, but also the Inner West under the new operator. :D
idontknow556

Post by idontknow556 »

Are all of the Citaroes from Port Botany being withdrawn or just some?
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Since they have more than 60 of them and Scania L113TRB's are also being withdrawn it is going to take quite some time before they are all withdrawn so dont hold your breath.
Living in the Shire.
Daniel
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz O405 / CC '510'

Post by Daniel »

It’s alright, don’t fret, I’m certain new Bustechs will appear for STA in the future.
gld59

Post by gld59 »

Port Botany seems to be following the usual pattern here - let the numbers build up way over requirements, then once the new buses have well and truly proved themselves, withdraw large numbers of old buses very quickly. Makes a lot of sense if you have the space.

gld
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

Daniel wrote:It’s alright, don’t fret, I’m certain new Bustechs will appear for STA in the future.
I’m not against Bustechs altogether, I’m just adamant I really don’t think its a good idea if hypothetical new ones would be carbon copy clones of the current ones, especially Scania. Transdevs Volvo B7 Bustech (and even Forests B7) are really nice baby smooth coaches, with soft lighting and softer seats too. They got it right.

Volvo B8RLE Bustech VST (with a more modern update, like how the newer CB80’s got updated) id be curious to see
Swift

Post by Swift »

Symbolism of Liberals cheaping out in my eyes, much like the Leyland Leopards during the Robin Askin era and the Oranas during the Bruce Baird/John Fahey era.
Frosty

Post by Frosty »

The link below really sums up why the 370 runs late. If the timetable was to be properly done it probably increase the bus requirement by 50%.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2262028 ... 898823392/
Tonymercury

Post by Tonymercury »

Jurassic_Joke wrote:it does away with everything nasty STA loves (metal walls, harsh lighting, removing seats for luggage space etc),

Is that last for rostering them on the new Route 420?
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Thar will be a TSA route - what does that have to do with STA observations?
Living in the Shire.
Linto63

Post by Linto63 »

Fleet Lists wrote:That will be a TSA route - what does that have to do with STA observations?
Route 400 was operated by State Transit since its inception and only became a joint operation with TSA in July. So apart from those who have an encyclopedic knowledge of every bus route, most probably still associate with State Transit. :D
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Chullora Workshops - Were they on the western or eastern side of Roberts Road, Chullora? I read somewhere tonight that they were in the Municipality of Strathfield which is on the eastern side. But my recollection is that they were on the western, Bankstown side of Roberts Road, north of Norfolk Road. Can anyone confirm either way?
Living in the Shire.
Geoff

Post by Geoff »

Fleet Lists wrote:Chullora Workshops - Were they on the western or eastern side of Roberts Road, Chullora? I read somewhere tonight that they were in the Municipality of Strathfield which is on the eastern side. But my recollection is that they were on the western, Bankstown side of Roberts Road, north of Norfolk Road. Can anyone confirm either way?
They were on the western side - opposite Enfield Yard.

Geoff.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Thanks that confirmed what I thought - "The site was turned into a residential development. " and there are no residential developments on the eastern side.
Living in the Shire.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Fleet Lists wrote:Thanks that confirmed what I thought - "The site was turned into a residential development. "
Is there anything that isn't?
Tonymercury

Post by Tonymercury »

Fleet Lists wrote:Thar will be a TSA route - what does that have to do with STA observations?
You didn't query the post I quoted from.
Frosty

Post by Frosty »

Saw a few red metrobus bendies today at City2Surf from P but I was surprised to see on my way bendies operating on 393/395 & L94 services would have thought all of P bendies were allocated to City2Surf work.
Stu

Post by Stu »

^ P have additional artic capacity as TfNSW allowed STA to keep red artics in Region 9 despite there being no metrobus routes, meanwhile Region 6 have to supply rigids on busy metrobus routes.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Isn't ex Northetn Beaches 1.5 doors enough? That seems like a raw deal for region six to be dead honest.
Frosty

Post by Frosty »

Though the retirement of the 14.5m buses probably balances out R9 having additional bendies. At least R9 is supplying bendies on routes shared by metrobus. The m10 & m50 are majority standard buses.
M has taken a few of the ex-Northern Beaches bendies from P.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Frosty wrote: M has taken a few of the ex-Northern Beaches bendies from P.
It's a pity Willo didn't get any 0305Gs in the past (though I saw them parked in the depot a few times), but this is a pretty good consolation prize. They are rocket ships compared to the Volgren units.
J_Busworth
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L113TRB Ansair Orana

Post by J_Busworth »

Stu wrote:^ P have additional artic capacity as TfNSW allowed STA to keep red artics in Region 9 despite there being no metrobus routes, meanwhile Region 6 have to supply rigids on busy metrobus routes.
Aren’t those red bendies a legacy of the M20 remaining with R9 well after the cut off date for bus transfers?
https://transportnswblog.com
RIP STA L113s 28/01/93 - 12/01/22

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”