What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Swift »

scott wrote:The ABC axing The Checkout, due to high production costs and budget cuts.
I think there may have been more sinister reasons I suspect. They exposed what a scam many products and services are.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
BanksfielderIdiot823
Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Post by BanksfielderIdiot823 »

Merc1107 wrote:
scott wrote:Milennials, working with them has been painful, they don't follow instruction, never get off thier phones and their personalities leave a lot to be desired and they are just selfish and rude, with no manners.
Don't forget who it was that raised them to be this way - the generation that decided it wasn't right to discipline your child, let them run amok and so on. You often see similar sorts of flippant behaviour (or worse yet, living in the belief their kids are perfect) in the parents of these types.
So true. And what gets extremely annoying is when the good parents DO dicipline their child but get quickly crucified for it by the aforementioned generation and parents.

"Ohh, you're hurting the child!" "You're going to give them psychological damage!"

Give me a break.... What psychological damage? Oh, the one that will get them to behave and show some respect in the future? Or your society's "you can have whatever you want" approach!!??? I'll go with the former, thank you.
Volgren all day, every day
Dear T80; If the decker's not a Volgren, I'm not interested.
Westbus Fairfield + Dandy Hub = perfection
Good old Collingwood forever.
Long live the potato cake.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Baby boomers passing on their selfish ways. The small number of good ones were most likely not raised by that self indulgent generation.
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

Some bitch around the 30 mark sitting in the shelter at 'Zone B' Marion. Her eyes buried in her phone wirh her shopping bags spread out taking up 3 seats. Had to ask her 3 times for the 'ok' to sit down before she responded.

So much for women being allegedly being superior to men....
Swift

Post by Swift »

That's why they rely on gadgets and machines designed almost exclusively by males.
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

Excuse me Mr & Mrs passenger saying "Excuse me please" is not rude as you think.

Perhaps if you two didn't hog the aisle with your paws, um I mean legs, I wouldn't had needed to say that@
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Swift

Post by Swift »

Maybe "could you move?" or "move your arse!" would be less offensive to the likes of her.
Newcastle Flyer

Not just her, him as well.

Um NBN News, it's not CityRail anymore, not that's important for the subject.

People who say "um" :)
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Not getting Ansair Orana or "APG" bodied buses on service routes. Only being left with CR228L's, VST's and EVO2 and CB60 bodied buses. Nothing against them but it's been a while since I've ridden an APG / Ansair bodied bus and I'm busting to ride one again.

Mcdonalds at the Shopping Centre not having an Order's ready for pickup screen. Bad enough the crowd is so big here (especially during school holidays) and the background noise makes it hard to hear the staff at the counter calling your order number out.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

ScaniaGrenda wrote:Not getting Ansair Orana or "APG" bodied buses on service routes. Only being left with CR228L's, VST's and EVO2 and CB60 bodied buses. Nothing against them but it's been a while since I've ridden an APG / Ansair bodied bus and I'm busting to ride one again.

Mcdonalds at the Shopping Centre not having an Order's ready for pickup screen. Bad enough the crowd is so big here (especially during school holidays) and the background noise makes it hard to hear the staff at the counter calling your order number out.
It's even worse when they don't make any effort to make their voice audible and then give you weird looks because you couldn't hear them mumbling behind 20 other folks. Very common with young female service attendants.
Swift

Post by Swift »

TA3001 wrote:Very common with young female service attendants.
Young females are a special kind of insolent, like the one who couldn't understand that the fries they sold me were not up to scratch and gave me that stare that saying I'm crazy. It took a female manager to step in and give me a freshly made batch that tasted far better.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

You guys are unlucky when it comes to fast food screw-ups. I had Red Roster / Chicken Treat screw up my order last week and give me cheesy nuggets over damn chicken ones. I've never had RR nuggets before so I couldn't tell what I got was right till a asked a friend about it and said "I think something is off". I've never seen a nugget full of "liquid" (which was the cheese inside of it). Friend had a try of it and said "you've got cheese ones alright" so I took my order back to the counter and asked if these were chicken nuggets or cheese nuggets. The girl stared at it for a good 15-20 seconds and then she said "No" and went off to replace my nuggets free of charge (remember I ordered the chicken one, not cheese)

Only took 2 minuets for them to come out with what I actually ordered. And they didn't give me a receipt so I'm just as lucky I got them replaced on the spot and we were eating in.

Both Nuggets were bland in taste to say the least but overall I'll take chicken ones over cheese (Not a fan of it) any day of the week.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Newcastle Flyer

Where does NBN get their so called news readers now, OR who writes the news for them & that sometimes includes radio news?

It's Charlestown, with a "w", not Charleston, as you just read out.
White lives matter too.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Small minded drivers who obviously speed up in the next lane as soon as you put on your indicator, to prevent you from getting in. What can I say? Driving, like drinking, brings out a person's real nature.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Little sh*ts who terrorise bus drivers, ride on top of the bus & misuse of emergency features such as the door release and running in front of the bus to play chicken. All mentioned in an article I posted in the recent private observations thread (NSW)

And our law for letting these under age people get the usual slap on the wrist and away they go back to their descriptive nature sh*t. It's going to take one serious injury before any changes are looked into but not acted upon ain't it?
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

CB80 sh!theaps... You'd think the golliwogs that built them would have lowered the stop button on the pole behind the centre door by now with new builds! And the squeaks on 1922 were so unpleasant and irritating towards my ears even whilst sitting at the front.

Were these seriously not purchased at a Davoren Park garage sale? I can't believe that bus companies believe they're gifting everybody by trying to have them on as many services as possible....

The interior lighting is reasonable, but they look awful in the AdMet V2 livery in comparison to the yellow one, and disgust me when I see one coming in the distance.

And also - passengers that sit directly in front of me on a near empty bus. It's worse when they're humming some unknown sh!t loudly.
Newcastle Flyer

Newcastle Flyer wrote:Where does NBN get their so called news readers now, OR who writes the news for them & that sometimes includes radio news?

It's Charlestown, with a "w", not Charleston, as you just read out.
Don't tell me the Australian Biased Channel news readers are going the same way?

Surely, an ABC news woman would know how to pronounce "Wagga Wagga".
White lives matter too.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

TA3001 wrote:CB80 sh!theaps... You'd think the golliwogs that built them would have lowered the stop button on the pole behind the centre door by now with new builds! And the squeaks on 1922 were so unpleasant and irritating towards my ears even whilst sitting at the front.
Take it you haven't been to Perth then...
I liken the CB80s (in Darwin) to something near to a religious experience, considering the types of patrons and the prevailing weather conditions, those vehicles still smell like new after 3-4yrs on the road now and the fit/finish of the vehicles (O500LEs) is spectacular. Of course, a big Mercedes 6cyl diesel mightn't exasperate body defects in the same way a Volvo 7L diesel or Scania 5cyl might...
Swift

Post by Swift »

STA in Sydney has a sole example received inn exchange for an 0500LE CNG that became a snag.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I've said this in the past, I'll bring it up again. Why does every Business and Organisation I call during business hours go straight to voicemail? My Therapist I can never get through too unless I email her or decide to leave a message (hell no because when I tend to leave messages I don't ever hear back from people) and another organisation I frequent just went to voicemail and again "leave your details and someone will get back to you"

Oh and people who don't read bus destinations and the bus goes to Rutherford for example and you get passengers hopping on the 182 to Rutherford bus for example and asking if it goes to Rutherford. The side destination board or front one has all your answers. If you were asking for a particular street for the Suburb the bus services I could understand you asking but asking if it goes to Rutherford (or any other suburb) while it's clearly displayed on the desto board is a pet hate of mine. Only holds the bus up and delays it even further and guess who cops the blame for it. Of course the driver.

And on two buses today, I had to play a game of find the working "Stop" button because half of them don't even work, that's real great as your stop is coming up, you go to push the button and nothing happens and have to yell out "NEXT STOP PLEASE" and hope the driver hears you in time to pull up at your requested stop.
Swift

Post by Swift »

^ It gives you the chance to push it for a chick and get a smile in response. A rare thing these days.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: And on two buses today, I had to play a game of find the working "Stop" button because half of them don't even work, that's real great as your stop is coming up, you go to push the button and nothing happens and have to yell out "NEXT STOP PLEASE" and hope the driver hears you in time to pull up at your requested stop.
Of which model were these buses in question? I haven't had as much trouble finding a working next stop button on the jackpot CB80s, but the older ones can be dreadful.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

TA3001 wrote:
ScaniaGrenda wrote: And on two buses today, I had to play a game of find the working "Stop" button because half of them don't even work, that's real great as your stop is coming up, you go to push the button and nothing happens and have to yell out "NEXT STOP PLEASE" and hope the driver hears you in time to pull up at your requested stop.
Of which model were these buses in question? I haven't had as much trouble finding a working next stop button on the jackpot CB80s, but the older ones can be dreadful.
1 was on a MAN 12.220 Custom Coaches CB30 tho I suspect the driver may of had it turned off but still either way an annoyance if the bus is in service and carrying passengers. The other was a Mercedes-Benz 0405 NH CC550, most of the buttons weren't working but this is something the driver should've picked up upon when inspecting the bus before leaving the depot on a run.

Disgraceful how they can let our good buses rort to these standards, what's next the front door fails to open when the driver pushes the correct button for it?
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

ScaniaGrenda wrote:1 was on a MAN 12.220 Custom Coaches CB30 tho I suspect the driver may of had it turned off but still either way an annoyance if the bus is in service and carrying passengers. The other was a Mercedes-Benz 0405 NH CC550, most of the buttons weren't working but this is something the driver should've picked up upon when inspecting the bus before leaving the depot on a run.

Disgraceful how they can let our good buses rort to these standards, what's next the front door fails to open when the driver pushes the correct button for it?
The non working next stop button annoys me as well and don’t get me started on people that run to the bus at the last minute totally egnoring the rear and side destos and look at the front desto before borading or drivers that don’t use the rear desto witch mostly happens when ether a Interline driver or a Transdev driver that get issued a earlier single door VST that were built between 2005 and 2007 don’t set the rear desto
Newcastle Flyer

Passengers who arrive AFTER the due time, and the driver waits for them. They should get let behind, except for valid reasons.

Passengers who ask do you catch the bus from the other side, even though she is a regular passenger.
White lives matter too.

Return to “The Lunch Room”