What makes you happy today?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Newcastle Flyer

Re: What makes you happy today?

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

TA3001, the passengers had to swap platforms as the four of the cars had failed air-conditioning. The train that did make the service was already 11 minutes late, as they had to join the two four trains together. But this "dear" on a walker & her companions didn't arrive until 11:26 & she was "screaming" out "Hey wait for us". And yes, I said you should arrive BEFORE a train is due to leave.

Should be more of it, that is unless for valid reasons, thou should shut thy doors-ith & leavith!
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

Doesn't astound me, but it must be the most efficient and reliable processor ever made! Read the description.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/5/17428 ... putex-2018
Newcastle Flyer

Judge Judy: GOOD, a woman got fined & booked for parking in a bus stop, through SEVERAL red lights.

She had 16 unpaid parking tickets, and it looks like she wanted her friend (I'd say former friend) to pay for the parking ticket. It looks like it maybe his car.

She should had her licence cancelled, if she didn't.

Edit: That poor man, his car was impounded.

Yes Judge Judy, you're correct, she shouldn't be driving a car. Um excuse Mrs B, it WAS your fault.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Newcastle Flyer finding something that makes him happy instead of s$&@#y, even though it involves someone getting in trouble. :twisted: :lol:
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Newcastle Flyer

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-24/c ... g/10029122

About time. I'm getting sick & tied of almost getting run over by cyclists on footpaths while on mobile phones.
White lives matter too.
Swift

Post by Swift »

^ good to see the laws actually being enforced. It's a shame it's on the other side of the country. I wish police would launch a blitz on cyclists in NSW.
Newcastle Flyer

^ https://www.coastlive.com.au/news/local ... ng-bicycle

She also wasn't wearing a helmet.
White lives matter too.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:^ https://www.coastlive.com.au/news/local ... ng-bicycle

She also wasn't wearing a helmet.
Oh, what an unfortunate lady. Finally, some evidence that indicates that women aren't always in the right!

Most women with kids around them seem to have their heads buried in their phones from my obs. A public bus isn't the place to let your little ones pop a balloon, and even more so with other passengers around them!
homer9000

Post by homer9000 »

crowds for the crows game in adelaide were down last night than normal partially due to the weather and the first night of the Katy Perry concert last night.
Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Post by Bus Suggestions »

Swift wrote:Finding out that Perth's transport agency upholds standards that keep the Bustech VST shut out from consideration!
^This^ is what makes me happy today!
I'd post any important, bus-related links I had, but they're outdated anyways.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

Bus Suggestions wrote:
Swift wrote:Finding out that Perth's transport agency upholds standards that keep the Bustech VST shut out from consideration!
^This^ is what makes me happy today!
Yup! :D
Newcastle Flyer

The passenger that didn't arrive in time for the bus yesterday, and he missed it - Not to worry, he had one shortly after. Of course it would help if I remember where it was!
White lives matter too.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

I don't tend to laugh at just anything, but it is almost 2 years since I heard a driver acting in an unprofessional conduct from a depot with a 'different' reputation to others in Adelaide. The September 28 blackout, stop W2 in the street that goes through the city, on 1637 bus:

The bus stops, the driver indirectly watches the passenger board as many tend to. The female passenger has several bags with her, and she takes about 30-60 seconds for her to lift them up the steps on the high floor bus, which was one of about 118 in service at the time (has dropped to about 80 in the entire 2 years that has elapsed since then). She didn't appear to have mobility issues, but obviously it was a bit of an effort for this innocent woman. The driver didn't really take this into account, and hence his reaction whilst running possibly more than 90 minutes late. The next thing I noticed was the driver yelling at her saying "Hurry up..... god!".

The lady then almost panicked and scrambled to grab her belongings as fast as possible. It left the city with 3 passengers aboard I think on a service which may have had about 30-35 typically.

Why wouldn't the driver be enjoying involuntary overtime instead of stressing? I don't recall coming across any others losing their cool.

It's almost became an occasional catch phrase that I express in my head, in the exact tone of voice.
scott

Post by scott »

Collingwood losing the Grand final.

At least six Collingwood supporters were arrested on thier way out of the MCG after the final siren, must of lost thier temper.
BanksfielderIdiot823
Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Post by BanksfielderIdiot823 »

scott wrote:Collingwood losing the Grand final.

At least six Collingwood supporters were arrested on thier way out of the MCG after the final siren, must of lost thier temper.
Well speaking as a pies supporter, you can't go wrong with the amount of class shown by Bucks that day to add to others.

Consoling the cheer squad following the banner mishap, consoling the players following the loss, consoling runner Alex Woodward following that unfortunate incident.
Volgren all day, every day
Dear T80; If the decker's not a Volgren, I'm not interested.
Westbus Fairfield + Dandy Hub = perfection
Good old Collingwood forever.
Long live the potato cake.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Well I already had one issue with Hunter Valley Buses today so let's try and focus on the positive side of them

Get on a bus and the Driver asks where I'm heading and I tell him where and he say's "No problem" then as we're getting near the end of the route he asks where I want to get off and I tell him where I plan to get off and again he said "no problem". I like it when drivers ask where your going and make sure you get off at your correct stop (most don't ask but there's still the good ones out there that do)

It's not HVB that does this only, there's plenty of other bus companies of course that do this too, Rover Coaches is another that comes to mind. When I get on, the driver always asks where I'm going and again I tell them where I want to go (on the route of course :P) and the stop comes and I don't have to push the stop button to notify them I want to get off, they remember where I said I wanted to get off and they let me get off at that stop. See this is how you build up great customer service.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

It's called customer service. I tend to notify the driver when doing the full lap of a loop service that is 'hail and ride' so as not to perplex them. The next stop buttons are there for one reason, to alert the driver to pull up at the next stop and open the doors.

But given that that is extremely complex and cost prohibitive to engineer a non disruptive next stop tone, with the button being within reach of passengerrs that are less than 8 foot tall on today's modern buses, you're better off just alerting the driver where you wish to alight if convenient...
BroadGauge
Favourite Vehicle: Car

Post by BroadGauge »

I remember once some years ago, getting on a bus in the outer suburbs of Melbourne at night and being asked where I was going to by the driver, whose reaction to my response (the terminus at the other end of the route) was to get quite annoyed and start ranting about it.

Bizarrely when I alighted the bus he was excessively friendly towards me, as perhaps he realised that it might be grounds for a complaint that he abused a passenger for wanting to travel to the end of a bus route because he wanted to cut the trip short halfway and go back to the depot early :twisted:
Swift

Post by Swift »

BroadGauge wrote:I remember once some years ago, getting on a bus in the outer suburbs of Melbourne at night and being asked where I was going to by the driver, whose reaction to my response (the terminus at the other end of the route) was to get quite annoyed and start ranting about it.

Bizarrely when I alighted the bus he was excessively friendly towards me, as perhaps he realised that it might be grounds for a complaint that he abused a passenger for wanting to travel to the end of a bus route because he wanted to cut the trip short halfway and go back to the depot early :twisted:
He should be glad he kissed arse at the end because that conduct was uncalled for.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Swift wrote: He should be glad he kissed arse at the end because that conduct was uncalled for.
It reminds me of a trip on Adelaide's most vile bus where the driver pulled up in the layover zone at West Lakes, before even entering the interchange to finish the run. I had to yell out to get him to continue to the point where he was by default required to stop anyway.

Typical Newt***s
Swift

Post by Swift »

^ He may not have seen you. I remember one time as a bus driver, I was near the end of my trip in an 0305 and I was curious to see how well the brakes performed , so as I made the bus lurch forward (I knew there was no cars behind me as I had just rounded a corner and checked my side mirrors for the all clear), I heard a lady go ohhh and there was an elderly woman sitting right behind me.
She said you gave me a fright. She was ok about it luckily after I apologised and explained I thought the bus was empty.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Back to subject, I got to use a Victa 160cc two stroke mower I found and fixed up and it runs like a top. Cuts like scissors after sharpening the blades on my bench grinder.
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

Swift wrote: I heard a lady go ohhh and there was an elderly woman sitting right behind me.
She said you gave me a fright. She was ok about it luckily after I apologised and explained I thought the bus was empty.
..................I had somthing like that a huge semi cut in front of me latter I caught up with him opened my drivers window called him every name under the sun......................next minute a quite voice said say one for me driver!.............a elderly nun was siting right behind me..............................talk about embarresed thought the bus was empty as I drove like a madman to catch up with him................................she got of & said may god be with you have a nice day! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: PAYS TO LOOK BEHIND YOU FIRST BE FORE OPENING MOUTH.
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
Swift

Post by Swift »

Lol you probably made her day. I don't think a face plant into the drivers cab would have made my passenger's day or mine (fortunately didn't happen).
I was traveling home in a bus one time and a fellow driver was talking to me through the mirror what a shitty run the 273 was at that time of day etc and gave the the oops look when he realised a passenger was right behind him.
Luckily he didn't say some real hard core stuff. :oops:
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Knowing this day will finally be over by midnight...

Return to “The Lunch Room”