NSW Railway Observations - January to June 2018

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
andy_centralcoast

Re: NSW Railway Observations - January to June 2018

Post by andy_centralcoast »

Frodo wrote:Maybe I'll be considered one of those soon.

I've put in a complaint about Asquith, Mt Colah and Mt Kuringgai being forgotten once again, just like the timetable that was put out for the day before Anzac day. There's trackwork between Hornsby and Berowra from 10pm Saturday night this weekend, however the only bus showing for Saturday night is departing Hornsby at 10.22pm and nothing after that until 3am.
That seems like an oversight caused by confusion with the recent unpublished timetable cuts. The trackwork information says buses replace T1 North Shore trains between Berowra and Hornsby from 10.20pm Saturday. However since the unannounced timetable changes in March there are actually no T1 trains between Berowra and Hornsby to replace at this time.

Perhaps the CCN trackwork buses have been tweaked to stop all stations between Berowra and Hornsby, like the CCN trains do now that the timetable has been tweaked to remove T1 to Berowra services at night.

In other news, some T8 services appear to have their destination changed to say "Town Hall" instead of "City Circle". I think this is a step backwards and makes it more confusing.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Essential kit for travel on the south coast - and the anti-metro mob go on about seats!

https://www.facebook.com/9NewsIllawarra ... 135967445/
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

[quote="andy_centralcoastIn other news, some T8 services appear to have their destination changed to say "Town Hall" instead of "City Circle". I think this is a step backwards and makes it more confusing.[/quote]
I noticed a couple of T1 N services arriving at Central over the weekend displaying "Hornsby via Central" instead of just "Central".

With those T8 signs, I wonder if the internal displays show terminating at TH rather than Circular Quay?
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
TSE_SecretAni
Favourite Vehicle: Yutong E12, Bustech VST, Orana

Post by TSE_SecretAni »

I notice last Friday I saw North Wollingong have new station sign. Also I saw the train stop at Circular Quay at 8:30 ish on Saturday which is not susposse to stop at Circular Quay.
sunnyyan
Favourite Vehicle: MB OC500LE CC CB60 CNG

Post by sunnyyan »

0802 ex Campsie towards City today made an extra stop at Dulwich Hill today. Because of the many different peak stopping patterns now on the Bankstown line, drivers on this train often stop at Dulwich Hill. Looks like today the guard forgot to check as well and just opened doors without checking what station.
Aurora
Favourite Vehicle: C set

Post by Aurora »

TSE_SecretAni wrote:stop at Circular Quay at 8:30 ish on Saturday which is not susposse to stop at Circular Quay.
Trains stop to pick up only.
An asset of NSW. All opinions/comments are strictly my own.
M 5885.
Stonesourscotty
Favourite Vehicle: Wright Gemini 2 B9TL

Post by Stonesourscotty »

Waratah 61 is on a S set diagram to Leppington currently
swtt

Post by swtt »

How come there is an extra Broken Hill to Sydney service on 7/9 without one going from Sydney to Broken Hill?

https://transportnsw.info/news/2018/ext ... y#homepage
Geoff

Post by Geoff »

I read something about a charter to Broken Hill and the set not required after that. I guess it may be a way to work it back. Have forgotten the exact details.

Sorry.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Probably to balance https://web.archive.org/web/20180613090 ... -september for the Broken Heel Festival
Living in the Shire.
Linto63

Post by Linto63 »

Have noticed some (but not all) inbound T1 services from the west with the more informative North Sydney via Town Hall, Hornsby via Town Hall destination displays in lieu of the normal Central.
Stonesourscotty

Is the refurbished Tangara on Cronullas today just heard a very Noisy (sounds retractioned) Tangara leave redfern p11 it sounded amazing it was the lead unit Bondi bound and was on a service ex Cronulla 3:48 arriving Bji at 4:50
boronia

Post by boronia »

New style throw over manual point changers in Penrith up yard
DSC02460 (Small).jpeg
DSC02460 (Small).jpeg (157.55 KiB) Viewed 7216 times
Also I note contractors have been busy recently at western line station fitting anti-bird spikes to signs and just about every other horizontal surface where they might roost.
@ The Museum of Fire.
Scott4570

Post by Scott4570 »

Friday Night, June 15, Waratah set B1, Up Illawarra Line (from the direction of Loftus), Sutherland arrive 1056, depart 1057 hours.

Train was under Load Test, each Car full of Water containers on the Seats and Concrete blocks positioned in the doorways.
andy_centralcoast

CCN trains are using suburban platforms at Central again this weekend but it's not mentioned on the trackwork information this time.

They extend as passenger services all stations to North Sydney after Central platform 16, but in the return direction run as empty from North Sydney to Central platform 18.
boronia

Post by boronia »

Yesterday I caught my usual 0723 Central to Mt Vic service. Left on time but stopped in the middle of Sydney Yard for a couple of minutes. Got underway, but we were switched to the Down Suburban line. THe Dubbo XPT which had left close to time about 5 mins earlier was sitting in Plat 2 (Down Main) at Redfern with red lights. Stayed on the suburban all the way to Strathfield, but the XPT managed to catch up by Burwood.

After leaving Strathfield, we switched to the main at Homebush, all the way to Parramatta. Then over to the outer track (usually for all stop services) for a normal speed run towards St Marys. Before we got there, the XPT overtook again. Quite a good effort considering it had to load at Parra and Blacktown.
@ The Museum of Fire.
Stonesourscotty

Some t 4 operating via city circle today stopping at Erskineville and St Peters also
Richard290
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B8RLE Volgren Optimus

Post by Richard290 »

Stonesourscotty wrote:Some t 4 operating via city circle today stopping at Erskineville and St Peters also
This is due to the trackwork on the Bankstown Line between Cabramatta or Lidcombe and Sydenham; these services are to substitute for the truncated T3 services on the City Circle.
Living at the north end of the 513 & 535. and the confluence of 513, 535, 546, 549, 550, 553, 625 & 630.
Stonesourscotty

Yeah. It was odd that T4 trains and T1 actually seemed to be great to interchange between them today some Sunday's it's a 10 min wait between the lines I loved t3 being shut as 2 mins between trains at redfern was fantastic for me
stupid_girl

Post by stupid_girl »

Stonesourscotty wrote:Yeah. It was odd that T4 trains and T1 actually seemed to be great to interchange between them today some Sunday's it's a 10 min wait between the lines I loved t3 being shut as 2 mins between trains at redfern was fantastic for me
From past experience, these extra services had a much slower journey than regular T4 services. There is minimal tine gain after all.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

This V-Set was at Newcastle Interchange this morning. Appears to have no Livery applied to it and is just simply "grey / silver". Think V51 also has this (rear carriage facing the buffer is V25 but the front towards Hamilton was V26)

Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
crazyturbo76
Favourite Vehicle: MB OC500LE/Custom 'CB80'

Post by crazyturbo76 »

ScaniaGrenda wrote:This V-Set was at Newcastle Interchange this morning. Appears to have no Livery applied to it and is just simply "grey / silver". Think V51 also has this (rear carriage facing the buffer is V25 but the front towards Hamilton was V26)

(Photo removed to save precious bandwidth)
Probably because this is one of the few driving trailers that got converted to a trailer a few years back - hence it hasn't gotten the new paintjob on the front because it never heads a train (its driving equipment has most likely been disconnected or disabled). They did similar work to many S set carriages a decade or so ago when the Tulloch DD trailers were retired (not enough "pure" trailers on hand without the Tullochs), and with the K set driving trailers a few years back when they became redundant themselves.
TSE_SecretAni
Favourite Vehicle: Yutong E12, Bustech VST, Orana

Post by TSE_SecretAni »

Today Blue Mountains Line is now stop at Redfern during morning and afternoon peak. It has been updated on trip planner and the real-time app. I’m not sure if online timetable pdf and printed timetable will update... Its still says “Vaild from 25 Jan 2018”
andy_centralcoast

TSE_SecretAni wrote:Today Blue Mountains Line is now stop at Redfern during morning and afternoon peak. It has been updated on trip planner and the real-time app. I’m not sure if online timetable pdf and printed timetable will update... Its still says “Vaild from 25 Jan 2018”
Without much fanfare or announcement. Surprising the timetables aren't getting updated. Perhaps they're hoping no one notices so they can say they brought Redfern back as a trial and hardly anyone used it so they're removing it again because there wasn't any customer demand...

The timetables on SydneyTrains.info have been taken down completely now, replaced with the inferior version on TransportNSW.info.
Stonesourscotty

One of the B trains has just gone through mt Druitt city bound with its water ballast and concrete removed

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”