NSW Railway Observations - January to June 2018

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Re: NSW Railway Observations - January to June 2018

Post by Fleet Lists »

Something I have not noticed before but for larger stations such as Campbelltown when you go to the Station information on Transport Info https://transportnsw.info/stop?q=10101296#/ there is a station map in this case https://transportnsw.info/document/1910 ... ssible.pdf
Living in the Shire.
J_Busworth
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L113TRB Ansair Orana

Post by J_Busworth »

Fleet Lists wrote:Something I have not noticed before but for larger stations such as Campbelltown when you go to the Station information on Transport Info https://transportnsw.info/stop?q=10101296#/ there is a station map in this case https://transportnsw.info/document/1910 ... ssible.pdf
There are quite a few of them out there, particularly if the station has a major bus-train interchange. Some of them are out of date though, with copyrights dating back to 2016 and references to the T2 Airport line. Particularly interesting was the Mascot station map, available from the Liverpool station page, but not the Mascot station one.
https://transportnswblog.com
RIP STA L113s 28/01/93 - 12/01/22
Richard290
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B8RLE Volgren Optimus

Post by Richard290 »

J_Busworth wrote:
Fleet Lists wrote:Something I have not noticed before but for larger stations such as Campbelltown when you go to the Station information on Transport Info https://transportnsw.info/stop?q=10101296#/ there is a station map in this case https://transportnsw.info/document/1910 ... ssible.pdf
There are quite a few of them out there, particularly if the station has a major bus-train interchange. Some of them are out of date though, with copyrights dating back to 2016 and references to the T2 Airport line. Particularly interesting was the Mascot station map, available from the Liverpool station page, but not the Mascot station one.
The online PDF poster for Epping Station has not been updated with the removal of route 140 to Manly (26 Nov 2017), route 295 to Macquarie Centre (4 June 2017) and 630 to Macquarie Park (26 November 2017), although the current poster at Epping Station is correct.
Living at the north end of the 513 & 535. and the confluence of 513, 535, 546, 549, 550, 553, 625 & 630.
andy_centralcoast

Post by andy_centralcoast »

Trackwork on the North Shore and City Outer this weekend so everything's going via the City Inner causing some delays around Central.
Stonesourscotty
Favourite Vehicle: Wright Gemini 2 B9TL

Post by Stonesourscotty »

M3 just went through Kingswood at speed on a Special.
andy_centralcoast

Does anyone know what's causing the ongoing 5-10 min delays around the City Circle today for T1, T2 and T3?

Having a look at the timetable it's still less trains per hour today than a weekday peak, but some are timetabled just 2 minutes apart at Circular Quay when the minimum is usually 3.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

You explained it two posts earlier - with trackwork like that you expect some small delays.
Living in the Shire.
andy_centralcoast

Small delays yes but there's some Penrith services running 20 minutes late "due to planned trackwork around the City Circle causing some congestions"

The Hornsby via Strathfield services recover the time at Epping where there's a 10 minute dwell stop in the timetable this weekend.
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

The North shore replacement bus service shutdown this weekend is a complete mess, at among the worst I’ve ever seen it.

Seems to only be one bus down the lower north shore every 10 minutes only (which sounds not too bad until you compare the capacity of an 8car double deck vs 12m standard bus) while everything else is express to City via freeway
stupid_girl

Post by stupid_girl »

Jurassic_Joke wrote:The North shore replacement bus service shutdown this weekend is a complete mess, at among the worst I’ve ever seen it.

Seems to only be one bus down the lower north shore every 10 minutes only (which sounds not too bad until you compare the capacity of an 8car double deck vs 12m standard bus) while everything else is express to City via freeway
Don't forget about the extensive bus network in lower North Shore.
Stonesourscotty

Most of the S sets have had there "24 New Airconditioning trains arriving 2018" removed thought it was just S122 i was on the other night and every unit i've seen in the last 48 hours has had them removed.
andy_centralcoast

Stonesourscotty wrote:Most of the S sets have had there "24 New Airconditioning trains arriving 2018" removed thought it was just S122 i was on the other night and every unit i've seen in the last 48 hours has had them removed.
It probably isn't a good look to advertise cool air conditioning in winter when the S set is now an ice box.
coolnewtrains.png
coolnewtrains.png (253.8 KiB) Viewed 6323 times
I wonder if they'll replace it with a "We know it's cold. 24 new trains with powerful heaters are coming soon to keep you warm"
Stonesourscotty

Gaps of 50 minutes on the Western line this morning due to trains with issues at Auburn and central
sunnyyan
Favourite Vehicle: MB OC500LE CC CB60 CNG

Post by sunnyyan »

Saw today a Tangara with almost AOA. Full height advertising for CSU stretching from driver door to end of carriage, with cutouts for logo and carriage number.
andy_centralcoast

Curious one this afternoon: T7 services are running between Strathfield and Olympic Park instead of Lidcombe and Olympic Park due to a rostering issue at Lidcombe.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

TfNSW is advertising that the new Park and Ride with Opal at Ashfield will be active from 31 May, but I noticed when I came past today it was full of cars already.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
stupid_girl

Post by stupid_girl »

I wonder if the situation has improved after the new train timetable.
swtt

Post by swtt »

stupid_girl wrote:
I wonder if the situation has improved after the new train timetable.
From my limited observations, T1 Western line trains seems to have their loads much more balanced when travelling out of the city during the afternoon peak.

This is mostly due to extension of the Homebush trains to Parramatta, which then frees up the old slow Blacktown service to travel fast into Parramatta.

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk
andy_centralcoast

Staffing issues again these last few days causing some runs to be cancelled.

Also some interesting trackwork configs this weekend splitting lines in half.

CCN trackwork between Hornsby and Wyong. Pleasant surprise that the Hornsby to Central part still runs to the CCN timetable, which didn't happen for recent similar BMT trackwork.

T4 shut between Sydenham and Central:
- Cronulla trains terminate at Sydenham after a 10 minute dwell stop at Wolli Creek (similar to the 10 minute dwell at Epping last weekend).
- Waterfall trains terminate at Hurstville.
- SCO terminate at Waterfall.

T3 also terminating at Sydenham, but extra Kingsgrove - Ashfield runs on T2/T8 to fill the City Circle gaps for Vivid.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

J_Busworth wrote:
Mascot and Liverpool have been fixed after I reported the problem.
Living in the Shire.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Article about Andy Byford, one time COO of CityRail/Sydney trains, and his presence in New York:

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/if- ... 4zh4v.html
Last edited by boronia on Mon May 28, 2018 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
moa999

Post by moa999 »

Please add a synopsis/title of articles, particularly when mostly OT.

This article is mostly about New York, where Andy Byford has recently been appointed.

Good old usual smh whine in the comments
AccordV6L
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B10BLE/APG Orana: 3860

Post by AccordV6L »

The Endeavour in NSW Trainlink livery (N2 from memory) was having its vinyl pulled off this arvo. Saw it at Eveleigh, forgot to take photo of it
Stonesourscotty

Carriage 4030 (S set) has a few windows glued shut upstairs

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”