information please

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###
red2017

information please

Post by red2017 »

We have recently aquired a 1953 daimler bus, it has two doors and all engine and chasis numbers say its a 1953 daimler bus but can find no information on it anywhere. asking if anyone has any info please.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Re: information please

Post by Fleet Lists »

Do you have a photo which could help?
Living in the Shire.
red2017

Post by red2017 »

the only photo I could fit on page
the only photo I could fit on page
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

That has an interesting history with a rebody in 1968 hence the different appearances
05.08.1953 45431 Scarborough Bus Service `Albatross` 10
45210 Scarborough Bus Service `Albatross` 10
--.--.1956 UAN010 Scarborough Bus Service `Albatross` 10
29.04.1962 UAN010 MTT 457
20.02.1964 WAG8457 MTT 457
22.10.1968 UQB457 MTT 457
24.02.1978 BSN2308 Busselton Fire Brigade

NOTES:

Re-bodied Bolton B45FR

Withdrawn
Living in the Shire.
Herbert

Post by Herbert »

I've been hoping one of these would turn up! One of my childhood favourites.
Here's what she looked like when new - with the wood-framed body built by the Scarborough Bus Service's subsidiary Motor Body Builders:
image.php?image=4991w34m6jack5001.jpg
And here she is as rebodied by Bolton:
image.php?image=1EAA781C164.jpg
I would love to know what your plans for it are, and whether it is operational. Also, do you have any additional photos of it in its current condition?[/color]
Last edited by Herbert on Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get the gen, see the shots: www.perthbus.info
red2017

Post by red2017 »

Great information everyone thankyou I couldnt find any info on it and was obviously looking in the wrong place.:) The Bus is operational the motor starts first turn and blows no smoke and runs smoothly with no engine noise and is completely driveable. The chasis is still in original very sturdy condition, the body is very high quality galvanized steel which seems imperveous to rust. the inside has no seats,Before we purchased the bus it was decked out as a motorhome,We have pulled out the old chipboard walls and cupboards that were built into it and have it now back to a bare inside and considering where to go from here to continue cleaning it up and refurbishing as a mobile home or to put it up for sale. I am aware that it is a rare one but am not sure of its value and how to find that information out.Any information about this would be helpful.I have been trying to figure out how to post photos managed this one and have many more but this site is telling me the photos are too big.??
red2017

Post by red2017 »

drivers side
drivers side
red2017

Post by red2017 »

drivers seat and front window
drivers seat and front window
red2017

Post by red2017 »

rear door original door
rear door original door
red2017

Post by red2017 »

All photos I managed to post are a year old and in the condition when we first picked her up We have done some work on it since, will take more recent photos and post them in the next few days.
Herbert

Post by Herbert »

Thanks for posting the photos. Whilst Daimler Freelines were rare in Australia, they were plentiful in Auckland. Perth had 31 of them and two are with the Bus Preservation Society at Whiteman Park. One of the sisters to yours was in preservation in the 1980s but was then sold for more use as a bus. It was reported to have been scrapped after an accident. So no example of a rebodied Perth Freeline exists in preservation.

If you re-evaluate what you want to do with your bus, please make contact. That's not an open cheque book though. Just hoping that an example can find its way into preservation. Realistically speaking, what is the risk factor in doing her up as a motorhome when you will find it nigh impossible to source engine & gearbox parts? Just a thought. Also, it's a city bus, not designed for highway running.
Get the gen, see the shots: www.perthbus.info
Guy_Arab
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N Bus & Guy Arab

Post by Guy_Arab »

Herbert wrote:Thanks for posting the photos. Whilst Daimler Freelines were rare in Australia, they were plentiful in Auckland. Perth had 31 of them and two are with the Bus Preservation Society at Whiteman Park. One of the sisters to yours was in preservation in the 1980s but was then sold for more use as a bus. It was reported to have been scrapped after an accident. So no example of a rebodied Perth Freeline exists in preservation.

If you re-evaluate what you want to do with your bus, please make contact. That's not an open cheque book though. Just hoping that an example can find its way into preservation. Realistically speaking, what is the risk factor in doing her up as a motorhome when you will find it nigh impossible to source engine & gearbox parts? Just a thought. Also, it's a city bus, not designed for highway running.
I beleave engine parts are still available from a BAYSWATER AGENT WHO PROViDES PARTS TO HONGKONG boats i STILL HAVE THE MANUAL
GUY ARAB
red2017

Post by red2017 »

I would like to sell the bus its engine and running gear is all in working order looking at putting it up for sale for offers around $5000 dollars will be prepared to negotiate price
red2017

Post by red2017 »

this has now been sold thanks everyone for your info

Return to “New Users/Ask a Simple Question”