What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

homer9000

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by homer9000 »

most of the crap after 7pm that passes for evening television.i find myself watching food network if at home instead of all the other crap out there.home and away/a current affair/the project and even reruns of the middle and everybody loves raymond come to mind.
Shoudy Chen

Post by Shoudy Chen »

homer9000 wrote:home and away/a current affair/the project and even reruns of the middle and everybody loves raymond come to mind.
I don't watch a lot of these shows nowadays because it gets so monotonous when Home and Away, ACA and The Project was still on air for years now. I used to watch a lot of FTA Australian TV these days, but as time progresses by, some of my favourite shows were no longer here. I stopped watching TEN a while ago when the Big Bash League finished.
Imagine if Carrie Bickmore's constant unfunny jokes came out of her, with special comments from Waleed Aly, Peter Helliar. I stopped watching The Project years ago because of the dribble. This was surely the worst nightmare that I've had on TV.
homer9000

Post by homer9000 »

10/11 in our home only exists for news and neighbours plus sometimes frasier these days and if lucky some will and grace.other than that i gave up on it ages ago.whoever decided in the nineties that the bold and the beautiful is suitable as after school viewing is an idiot.it is all well and good to take the kids to the playground in the summer months but for the rest of the year for those below high school level it's a farce.unless you have pay tv or watch abc me the stuff that exists between 4pm and 5pm these days leaves a lot to be desired.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Most Sydney people. Sociopathic and selfish scum.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

Perth Jaywalker wrote:Hand washing basins which are far too shallow, particularly the newer "artistically designed" ones which are no more than an inclined plane.
Add to this those Dyson Airblade hand dryers... Not only do they spit water back at your face (YUCK!), but the opening for one's hands is much too small even for a skinny rake like me - so you get to touch a surface the rest of the great unwashed (particularly those who just rinse their hands, not WASH them) have touched and ruin your hand washing.

Thankfully a number of establishments have installed Dyson hand-dryers that take the shape of a more conventional hand dryer. Much more hygienic.
Swift

Post by Swift »

^ also that you can't flip the outlet upwards to dry your hair like the older type.
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

Andrew CONstance claiming V-Sets are NOT world class - they come close - better than the rock hard Oscar H-Set seats!
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

Whilst the revs can be entertaining, is it really necessary for a bus driver to do 77kph in a 60 zone, and 63kph in a 50 zone just to make up time?
Swift

Post by Swift »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:Andrew CONstance claiming V-Sets are NOT world class - they come close - better than the rock hard Oscar H-Set seats!
Premier Madys Bera-trick-lian explaining that the selling off of Meadowbank Primary school to parasite bludger developers and transferring it to take up part of the Meadowbank TAFE site, fits in with their programme of TAFE downsizing, like there is nothing untoward about it.
Liberals and their sneaky agendas.
Newcastle Flyer

Labor, Liberal, etc.

Kate Washington & most of Labor "crowing" about how they just NOW find out tht these D-Set interurbans won't have reversible seating.
What? Labor asleep or something?
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
scott

Post by scott »

Derryn Hinch saying he will continue to drink despite his liver transplant, the family of the donor would be apalled.
Swift

Post by Swift »

He's not as noble as he would like us to believe. His ego is his primary concern I think!
mubd

Post by mubd »

If he wasn't a boozer, he'd be the first one to start a big campaign to prevent alcoholics from receiving liver transplants which delays other people needing liver transplants who have better long-term prospects.
Eastgardens to Kingsford is a 1-2 section fare.
Swift

Post by Swift »

You've hit the nail on the head mubd, he has the hide to defend what he is doing. I guess with age, his true colours have come through.
scott

Post by scott »

People too busy talking, texting, or on that damn Facebook on their smart phones to move down towards the back of a bus or a train carriage, and once someone tells them to move, they get all stroppy.

Bring back the good old days of the old dumb phones and manners and respect.
Swift

Post by Swift »

And HR Holdens!
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

scott wrote:People too busy talking, texting, or on that damn Facebook on their smart phones to move down towards the back of a bus or a train carriage, and once someone tells them to move, they get all stroppy.

Bring back the good old days of the old dumb phones and manners and respect.
Funny, just yesterday I experienced this on a bus service utilising an artic. A group of university students decided to stand in the turntable area and not move further back. Faced with more passengers attempting to board further on in the journey, I yelled out "YOU PEOPLE IN THE MIDDLE NEED TO MOVE DOWN THE BUS!"

Some members of ATDB claim the rear step on Australian low-floor buses causes this... But when the passengers stop at the turntable well before the steps? It makes you wonder.
Newcastle Flyer

The editor(s) of the Newcastle Herald for not checking readers' letters to the Herald. Because the editor(s) may NOT have checked a letter to the editor last week, part of today's (I'd say more than a part) opinion piece in today's Herald piece is incorrect.

A person wrote that to get to Swansea to Newcastle, you MUST go to Mt. Hutton, change there, and MUST then change at Charlestown. Of course that is incorrect. Sure, have an opinion, but don't have a fact that is not correct.

See the opinion piece here: https://tinyurl.com/y76sq965
Newcastle Herald opinion piece wrote:But as Herald correspondent Ken Godwin (Short Takes 20 March) points out, the Opal card does capture data around passengers who – because of route changes – now require three buses where one previously sufficed. Mr Godwin provides the example of the Swansea to Newcastle route now being Swansea to Mt Hutton, Mt Hutton to Charlestown and Charlestown to Newcastle.
White lives matter too.
AccordV6L
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B10BLE/APG Orana: 3860

Post by AccordV6L »

Pretty common annoyance, but people who are totally clueless lf their surroundings. I hate them! Yesterday at the intersection of Park and Bathurst Streets during PM peak, pedestrians had a green light so I began to walk across, I look to my left and see this car who ran the red and braked to avoid me and other pedestrians. I gave a small WTF gesture, driver moved forward so I throw my arms up and say "What the actual f**k are you doing?!".

The driver was an Asian woman in her mid 20's, in a Holden Captiva. Guy walking behind me was 10x angrier than I was. Started yelling at her before threatening to kick the headlights in.
Newcastle Flyer

Newcastle Transport bus drivers that terminate at Frederick St & claim to the passengers that Pearson St is the last stop. I don't know how many wanted to go to Frederick St, but it was a fair few - & he ordered an elderly passenger off his bus.
Swift

Post by Swift »

^They don't seem any better on foot. I've had a few recent instances of young Chinese women/ girls on the footpath walking straight toward me and refusing to go around, expecting me to move around them and not apologising in any way. They are becoming arrogant as well as absent minded.
Newcastle Flyer

Mosquitoes & flies.

You put inspect repellent on & they know where you put it on, and where you can't, such as those bloomin' mosquitoes yesterday OUUUCHH!

PS: I think both are now used to ALL brands of insect repellents.
White lives matter too.
scott

Post by scott »

Our local fish and chippery, just got new owners, "Fresh from the Greek Island", written on the colourful new menu.

Sampled it last take away night, in the company of our former neighbours, who we are still very good friends with, Fried fish like rubber and tasted like out of a I&J box, chips seem straight from a McCains packet and not hand made. Potato cakes floppy, Hamburger like Pal dog food.

Whats worse, the girl behind the counter was too busy sitting on the table outside, playing on her smartphone when no one else was at the counter, she missed a phone order when the phone just rang out.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Don't you hate it when your favourite takeaway joint or restaurant is falls into different hands and they ruin it. Sounds like that concern won't be around for long.
Newcastle Flyer

Newcastle new network

According to the local ABC, there are lots of people going down to NSW parliament about the new networks. I think it's about 100, ie: only two bus routes. Yet 20,000 have supposedly signed a petition to get the old bus routes back.

But 100 out of 20,000 signatures is only ½%, ie "half a percent." So if the people are so keen to get the previous bus routes back, how come the majority couldn't try & get to Sydney?

Sure, they need to fix SOME of the new routes up, or in other words, just modify the existing network and maybe add just a few extra new routes.
White lives matter too.

Return to “The Lunch Room”