Cebu Pacific flights to Melbourne.

General Transport Discussion not specific to one state
Bjwh86

Cebu Pacific flights to Melbourne.

Post by Bjwh86 »

Hi all Image
The number one airline in the Philippines, Low cost carrier Cebu Pacific, Is launching flights in August between Manila - Melbourne.

Currently Cebu Pacific only have a Manila - Sydney route in Australia and this will add to their network expansion plans for Australia.

I believe the seat sales are sold out as March 3 was the deadline but they went quickly ($54 one way who can blame them).
At the moment there are still some fares averaging around $200.

http://news.abs-cbn.com/business/02/27/ ... -seat-sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BroadGauge
Favourite Vehicle: Car

Re: Cebu Pacific flights to Melbourne.

Post by BroadGauge »

Anybody who comes to Melbourne in August to visit the beach will be disappointed! Infact for beaches I think you'd be better off just staying in the Phllippines.. :shock:

I've heard elsewhere that Philippine Airlines are increasing their Melbourne flights from 3 to 5 weekly from May, which combined with Cebu Pacific's service means this route will be receiving a huge boost from 3 to 8 flights per week.

Anyway it's nice to see that Melbourne will be receiving a new route that isn't to some obscure city in mainland China though you won't be finding me flying overseas on any low cost airline.
Bjwh86

Re: Cebu Pacific flights to Melbourne.

Post by Bjwh86 »

BroadGauge wrote:Anybody who comes to Melbourne in August to visit the beach will be disappointed! Infact for beaches I think you'd be better off just staying in the Phllippines.. :shock:

I've heard elsewhere that Philippine Airlines are increasing their Melbourne flights from 3 to 5 weekly from May, which combined with Cebu Pacific's service means this route will be receiving a huge boost from 3 to 8 flights per week.

Anyway it's nice to see that Melbourne will be receiving a new route that isn't to some obscure city in mainland China though you won't be finding me flying overseas on any low cost airline.
Cebu Pacific are actually quite good, I only fly with them on the Sydney to Manila route and also domestically here in the Philippines. In 1 year i’d done 14 flights all up and only twice had a delay of more than 30 minutes, 1 domestic and 1 international due to a passenger in Manila having an anxiety attack and the plane having to return to the gate.

I also like that they use the same terminal at Ninoy Aquino International Airport for Domestic and International flights so checked baggage is forwarded to your next flight unlike at Sydney Airport.

Personally, I wouldn’t change to Philippine Airlines or Qantas unless they were to offer something incredible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “General Transport Discussion”