Television channel discussions

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Re: Let's fix Channel Nine

Post by busrider »

PETERGRIFFIN888 wrote:I forgot to ask Will they ever bring back Temptation.I hope they do in 2009.

You might be thinking to yourself If they do that where will Two and a Half Men go?

Answer:It can be put into a 6:30pm timeslot weeknights and send ACA to the scrapheap where it should have gone a long time ago

Another Thing is what about Suitable After School Viewing for the young people of today for those of us who don't have Cable or Satellite Television.
About Temptation, I recently got a 'Community Phone Book' that was supported by Channel 9, and it had a bunch of Channel 9 ads in it, and a few of them were for Temptation............
PETERGRIFFIN888

Post by PETERGRIFFIN888 »

It happened again in more weeks than I can remember that the 2.5 men now starts between 5 and 10 past Seven just so they can fit that final last minute story in on A Current Affair.The Sooner they bin that the better.I would rather them show more Comedies or a Game Show in the weeknight 6:30pm timeslot.

I would not mind if they put on long gone shows like My Two Dads or even Bugs Bunny on at that time of night
Borco

Post by Borco »

MAN NG313 wrote:What are some creative shows that can replace the garbage on channels 7 and 9?

How about:
Two and a half buses

:)
Heh, I'm picturing two double deckers and a midi as stars of the show :lol: .
Living in Veolialand.
PETERGRIFFIN888

Post by PETERGRIFFIN888 »

I have some more ideas

The Bus Show
Mornings with Buses
gravesend_king

Post by gravesend_king »

I know it all
Randommann
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz O305

Post by Randommann »

Borco wrote:
MAN NG313 wrote:What are some creative shows that can replace the garbage on channels 7 and 9?

How about:
Two and a half buses

:)
Heh, I'm picturing two double deckers and a midi as stars of the show :lol: .
Even better: Two and a half M.E.N. The stars; M.A.N 24.360 artic, M.A.N double decker from Europe and a M.A.N 10.155.
"100 speed limited... by drivetrain."

I will report and cover any significant bus events from the Armidale region.
1whoknows

Post by 1whoknows »

Apparently they are not even on the air today - just some test pattern involving bush football with a round ball.
"Inside Every Progressive Is A Totalitarian Screaming To Get Out"
David Horowitz.
Shoudy Chen

Post by Shoudy Chen »

With WIN having TEN programming and TEN regional affiliates having Nine Programming this would be a huge dog's breakfast. In WA, Ten West Programming ceased at midnight on 1/7/2016. This is where the network was unable to strike a deal with the Prime West Media and WIN Corporation. Hence, the Channel 9 blackout began. That includes, 9Gem, 9Go! and 9Life.
homer9000

Post by homer9000 »

for starters a return to cartoons and sitcoms as news lead in's between 5pm and 6pm.something from 1999 onwards between 5pm and 5:30pm and the looney tunes show complete with new female host between 5:30pm and 6pm.the silly competing with so 7 does an hour long game show prior to it's news service 9 has to do the same is getting old.cut millionaire down to 30 minutes and change the host.
homer9000

Post by homer9000 »

a complete overhaul of their line up is needed.it appears their multi channels get all the really good stuff while 9 is lumped with the XXX.where's the later versions of mom and two broke girls most of us have yet to see.sadly while the spouse of leila mckinnon is running 9 the odds of such shows coming to 7pm for 2018 is severely limited but lets be honest.most people want some light laughs in the evening not gutter journalism(aca)that resembles what is essentially a grown persons version of the 1992-1996 revived version of wonderworld but with an even worse bunch of presenters.
homer9000

Post by homer9000 »

it's getting better but more should be done.thank goodness since 9 lost their days of our lives rights to foxtel they are not seeing complaints from old folks/the elderly about how they lose the show around every november to march to make room for the cricket season.although someone did complain just after they lost them about the joke by the dool fans that is of how house husbands was a very poor substutute.i beg to differ that show reinstated my faith in 9's shows of that type.
Douglas
Favourite Vehicle: Denning Landseer

Post by Douglas »

homer9000 wrote:where's the later versions of mom and two broke girls most of us have yet to see.
They're both CBS shows, and CBS now owns Ten.

I suspect that when CBS' output deals are done with Nine (not sure when that happens), they won't be renewed and CBS will start putting more of their shows on their new toy.
Douglas, Professional Nerd, At Your Service.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Douglas wrote:
homer9000 wrote:where's the later versions of mom and two broke girls most of us have yet to see.
They're both CBS shows, and CBS now owns Ten.

I suspect that when CBS' output deals are done with Nine (not sure when that happens), they won't be renewed and CBS will start putting more of their shows on their new toy.
So Lachlan Murdoch and co. didn't succeed in their last ditch attempt to prevent CBS getting the network instead of them? Ten employees should be happy then.

I quite enjoyed Two Broke Girls as a way to fill in a restless late night.
It it's obvious though that it's one of those sitcoms brought in as part of a package the local networks are forced to accept as a condition of buying the rights to a particular hit sitcom they are after.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Douglas

Post by Douglas »

Swift wrote: So Lachlan Murdoch and co. didn't succeed in their last ditch attempt to prevent CBS getting the network instead of them? Ten employees should be happy then.
Yep, their attempt to try and buy it on the cheap backfired when CBS came in with a compelling offer.

Also not helping that was Murdoch's previous management of Ten was not that great and suspicions that there would be more news job cuts if they bought it out.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Apparently the employees hated working under Lachlan Murdoch and wanted a chance of a fresh approach by this overseas buyer with their expertise, but Lachlan and co. wouldn't let it go and had to drag it through the courts in a futile attempt to stop the deal going ahead.
It will be great for Ten to be free to go in a new direction without the shackles of Australia's usual bs media baron corporate culture.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

Swift wrote:It will be great for Ten to be free to go in a new direction without the shackles of Australia's usual bs media baron corporate culture.

Somehow I doubt they will be able to ditch 95% of the rubbish programming presently on air, and move on.

To call TV in Australia "crap" would do a disservice to faecal matter. No words can describe it.
Douglas

Post by Douglas »

Merc1107 wrote:
Swift wrote:It will be great for Ten to be free to go in a new direction without the shackles of Australia's usual bs media baron corporate culture.

Somehow I doubt they will be able to ditch 95% of the rubbish programming presently on air, and move on.

To call TV in Australia "crap" would do a disservice to faecal matter. No words can describe it.
Given that CBS have very, very deep pockets, it might encourage Ten to take some bold steps in original programming that might see something good come out of it.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Nine and Seven may get A REAL RIVAL AT LONG LAST.
scott

Post by scott »

Maybe Ten could snare the rights for the test and one day cricket off Nine, and hire some better commentators, the current crop on Channel 9 are a great cure for insomnia.
Swift

Post by Swift »

^ So is the game itself. I don't understand how anyone can watch sports.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

Swift wrote:I don't understand how anyone can watch sports.
'Not my religion,' as others have been known to say...

Fair enough following sports and perhaps being enthusiastic about it, but getting carried away to the point of abuse, screaming and yelling at a TV is something I'll never understand.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Merc1107 wrote:
Fair enough following sports and perhaps being enthusiastic about it, but getting carried away to the point of abuse, screaming and yelling at a TV is something I'll never understand.
They can kick their tv over for all I care. What I object to is sports lovers judging others who don't follow.
homer9000

Post by homer9000 »

A COMPLETE OVERHAUL is what is needed.dump a current affair for good would be a great start(I have seen better journalism back in the day by catriona rowntree on wonderworld before she became a presenter on getaway to be honest)and a long term except for cricket season 7pm fix is needed.also listening to what we the consumers want for a change.who ever decided a 3pm to 5pm news mix and a 5 to 6pm game show hour obviously did not do their research very well.I miss my sitcoms and cartoons like what eighties and nineties viewers had as a news lead in.the likes of sophie lee and bugs bunny were more interesting than the millionaire hot seat.
homer9000

Post by homer9000 »

how about a nightly dose of mom after the 6pm news weekdays.anything has to be an improvement over that grown up's but way more cringeworthy version of wonder world from 1992-1996 known as a current affair :lol: .
homer9000

Post by homer9000 »

how about no more footy show for good.it would be cheaper for them to move the mom/two broke girls/mike and molly sitcoms to fill the gaps where the footy existed.any of those as a mix would be better than oh what a wanker sam newman and his cronies drone on and on about football.

Return to “The Lunch Room”