Fleet Lists over the next month or so.

News and comments about this board.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Fleet Lists over the next month or so.

Post by Fleet Lists »

I will be moving to a new address as from 23rd March. Tomorrow Saturday 19 March will be the last day I will be uploading any photos to the photo gallery for a while.

I am having some dispute with Telstra concerning the moving of my phone line to the new address which is NBN only. As a result I may have only limited internet access for some time which was initially to have been resolved by 6th April when I will be way on holidays so now the problem may not be resolved until 11th April. I hope to have limited internet access during that time but I dont think it will be worth trying to do any photo work during that time. So probably no photos into the photo gallery until sometime after 11th April. I do hope to be able to do some Admin work on the board most days.

So hopefully after I get my full internet back I will be in catch up mode for while to add the photos which I did not add during the time of limited access, as I did after I was away in October/November last year and only caught up with in the last week or so..
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Re: Fleet Lists over the next month or so.

Post by Fleet Lists »

I finished up writing a letter direct to the Telstra CEO. Received a phone call a little while ago that my phone line will be moved on the morning of Thursday 24th May - the day after I move. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

And it did happen on 24/3 as promised. -Still one issue that my internet is a bit slow at times as it is going through wifi instead of ethernet.
Posted 8 of my own photos today and will do any others I might take this week.
l not resume loading photos of others as I have done in the past, after I get back from Lightning Ridge sometime in April.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Back in Sydney now - still having some internet problems where my PC will only go nline through wifi and not through an Ethernet cable. Hopefully that will be resolved in the next couple of days.

Had an interesting day yesterday as the Pegasus coach we were on broke down just outside Walcha. Initially Pegasus proposed to send a coach up from Sydney to pick us leaving us stranded in the middle of nowhere for about 6 hours. Eventually they got an Oxley Explorer coach to take us to Gloucester where we finally had lunch at 3 pm and as we arrived there the replacement Pegasus coach pulled up right behind us and after an hour for lunch it took as back to Sydney getting back about 3 and a half hours late. The driver who drove the empty coach from Sydney then continued to Walcha on the Oxley Explorer coach to see what he could do to get the problem coach at least into such a state that he could limp it back to Sydney with a broken stabiliser bar.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/193972346 ... 321392004/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/193972346 ... 326294214/
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I spoke with a Pegasus driver last week and according to him they had to send some more parts up from Sydney before the coach could be moved back to Sydney.

And now for the future, I will be away again for a while over the next few weeks.Will be reliant on the availability of Wifi as to whether I can do much on the board during that time.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I will again be away from the board for most of this week.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I will be away in Adelaide for a week starting on Thursday this week.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Repeat that as from tomorrow 4th August - will be on the Murray River and visit Kangaroo Island.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Tomorrow I am getting my OBE and that does not stand for Order of the British Empire.

I will be busy with things other than the board tomorrow and Saturday when the main celebrations will be held. I am not sure about Sunday as my son will be up from Melbourne. Then on Tuesday I will be off to Canberra for four days so again no time for the board. Then back in Sydney as per normal for two weeks and then off on a four weeks cruise so again away from the board.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Got back today and have a lot of stuff to catch up on so it will take a little while for me to get back into the full swing of things.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Will be around during the next week but because of limited computer access I wont be uploading any photo to the photo gallery from now until 31st December.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Will be away after today for nearly two weeks on the high seas.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Will be away from the board for the next six days.
Living in the Shire.
Daniel
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz O405 / CC '510'

Post by Daniel »

Enjoy your time away Laurie
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I am currently cruising between Pago Pago and Honolulu and expect to be away for another four weeks or thereabouts.

I finally arranged some Wifi yesterday and today cleaned up the various spammers who have succeded into gettting through our blocking system which does not seem to be working very well at the moment. At one stage, working on an Ipad I am not used to, I accidentally activated 10 spammers instead of deleting them but I have now sorted that out.

I am not involved in the various Sydney changes which are taking place over the next couple of weeks so will have to catch up on those when I get back.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Cruise time has come again.
I will be away for the next 11 days and then again for 11 days as from 27 November. Tine on board will depend on how wifi time I buy and what other things I will be doing.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I will be away for the next week or so, then back for about two weeks before flying to Perth for a cruise back to Sydney, virus permitting.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I thought i had made a post here last week, that i was on the way from Prth Sydney but because Princess Cruises was ceasing operation for two months I might be stranded in Adelaide but in fact i will get back to Sydney tomorrow morning two days early as we bypassed Burnie and Melbourne.
Living in the Shire.
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Mandatory self isolation?
Lourie, you’ve been around longer than all of us, can you remember anything else quite like this situation?
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

We got cleared without mandatory self isolation so we can move around as we like.
No I certainly can not recall anything like this.
Living in the Shire.
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Which ship were you on? Seems there has been a sharp rise in cases on particular ships but not others?
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Interesting question.
I was reading an article this afternoon about the ship you mention which docked in Sydney on 19th April just after 2 am which was mentioned as being an unusual time which should have made the authorities suspicious. And that another ship from the same operator was about to enter Sydney Harbour today which is incorrect as it is not due to enter until Thursday withput any passengers after circling between Newcastle and Wollongong for the past week, just to refuel.
I was on a third ship of the same operator which entered Sydney Harbour even earlier on the 19th docking at While Bay just after midnight so that it could leave by 11am to allow another ship to dock there. But the ship I was on has not got mentioned anywhere in any article - all the other ships mentioned docked at Circular Quay. After leaving the Harbour it also circled for a couple of days before coming back the White Bay where it has now been for four days before back outside the Harbour later this week for a few days before it is scheduled to come back to White Bay for a while.
A lot of this information is available at https://www.portauthoritynsw.com.au/syd ... -movements.
So I have been very lucky.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Changing the subject.
Some members may have noticed me missing for four days about for or five weeks ago and again for three days at the end of last week. The first time I spent four days in St George Hospital, while the first two days last week were in different departments in Sutherland Hospital the second one which resulted in my needed me off computer recovery yesterday.
I have noticed today that a lot of admin approvals and 1 report were outstanding from as early as Thursday so it appears we need more administrators as I will be needing at least three more similar treatments with recovery periods over the next couple of months, which hopefully will resolve the problem I have been diagnosed with.

I ceased my regular review of Transport for NSW timetables in September last year and as from now I will cease doing any wikipedia editing, so this board will be the transport thing I will still be involved with together with one non transport website.
Living in the Shire.

Return to “News & Administration”