What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Swift »

Newcastle Flyer wrote: + Cover ya bloomin' mouths when ya cough - Know wonder people get other people's illnesses.
Try asking them to do so and they will scream at you even louder.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

The fact that I'm slowly getting blocked and removed from Facebook groups I've got chucked out of 5 enthusiast groups in 3 years I can understand that the admin of the Bus Australia group banned me because I was guessing everything I fully deserved that but I want a reason behind why the admin of the Busways Transdev CDC and public transport spotters Australia groups banned me for
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

Swift wrote:
Newcastle Flyer wrote: + Cover ya bloomin' mouths when ya cough - Know wonder people get other people's illnesses.
Try asking them to do so and they will scream at you even louder.
Nope, even if you ask them politely, a lot still don't take notice, like yesterday.

+ And again, to that old woman, those two roads are 60kmh & 50kmh, not 20 & 30 kmh, & they are single laned roads.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
GazzaOak

Post by GazzaOak »

everyone
White ribbon day is most sexist thing ever
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

Ending up on 1961 twice in a bloody week! Awfully designed body. I'd prefer 1008 over this washing machine on wheels.
Swift

Post by Swift »

TA3001 wrote:Ending up on 1961 twice in a bloody week! Awfully designed body. I'd prefer 1008 over this washing machine on wheels.
I wish I could still ride a bus from 1961! I wonder if Fisher & Paykel have thought of branching into bus manufacturing? They would probably sound better!
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

It would be a novelty, but I think I prefer buses that can actually get to 80kph or higher lol.

The PMC Volvos and Mercs were capable of this, unlike the B59s which didn't have the roar of the B58s. Then the computers on wheels entered the scene, and the sound quality started plummeting from the NL202s and onward.

I will admit that the NL232s do sound great in fifth gear though, albeit with awfully built bodies lol.
Swift

Post by Swift »

I don't think it will ever reach the zenith of the Swifts with their loud sporty 760s with 2 speed ZF automatics! Such a shame they lasted only 12 years in service (some would say a miracle!) and only 60 of the 0405s on steroids were ordered. At least they added much needed variety over the much huger number of B59s with the same body.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Given that the best of Adelaide's high floors have been retired, I guess I've learned to adapt to mediocrity with Adelaide buses! I still miss the single door hills B58s with their short wheelbases/bodies, and unique interior features.

Even the chassis that replaced most B58s , plus that that replaced the overwidth SL200s are both still seen as half decent to me, but not nearly as much as a few diesel SL202s, and one particular CNG rogue.
Swift

Post by Swift »

People in cars that speed match you and get in your way. Had one this morning in the wee hours, we were the only ones on this road and he slowly overtakes me in a 60 zone while I'm doing 58 clicks and, as I expected, he matches my speed once he noses in front of me, preventing me from getting into the left lanes to turn ahead. Luckily(?) he then moves to turn into the same street I intended, and I then I overtake him on that road! He then slows down and turns right. That should be the last I ever see of this bloke right? Wrong!! After going through some back streets, he is there ahead of me again in another street, fartarsing around but luckily moves off as I catch up to him. I suspect he was an uber driver picking up a fare, although I never saw the person get in. Then he was finally out of my life once I turned off the that street!!
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Ending up on an awfully designed 2016 built CB80. Yet Adelaide is set to be swamped with another 100+ of these things!
jibb

Post by jibb »

TA3001 wrote:Ending up on an awfully designed 2016 built CB80. Yet Adelaide is set to be swamped with another 100+ of these things!
Where did you hear/read about another 100 of these coming?
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Not seeing 1605 get into fifth gear the proper way for over two years now!
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

The bug infestation on buses from Port Adelaide depot. Just one of the many reasons why this is my most disliked AdMet depot.

Also, ass breath.
scott

Post by scott »

The ads for Trivago, sure the girl looks nice, but the ads are cringeworthy.

Channel 9 cricket commentators- they have gotten even worse.

Evening viewing with way too many funeral and insurance ads.
Swift

Post by Swift »

scott wrote:The ads for Trivago, sure the girl looks nice, but the ads are cringeworthy.
The first two ads in the campaign were very well done and effective. They have become noticably childish and self indulgent in subsequent campaigns.
homer9000

Post by homer9000 »

getting either the 200 or G10 to work at Panorama from the city after connecting from an O'bahn service only to find out it's some ex serco mobile that first saw light of day anytime between 1994 and 2001.i know the depot at either wingfield or morphettville can't help that but there are times i would prefer a st agnes o'bahn mobile on those services.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Catching NL232s way too often! Washing machines on wheels that are built to impersonate a decent sounding vehicle without any character whatsoever lol.

I'll admit though, 1770 still sounded quite distinctive getting up to 80kph this year on an inbound J1 after 35 seconds of accelerating. Dennis Darts on a MAN chassis!

And just to add to it, either somebody logged into my account and changed my avatar, or I did the unthinkable... What on earth is bloody 1770 doing in my profile display?
Newcastle Flyer

The ferals, I mean FERALS that damaged the Christmas bus the other day!
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Swift

Post by Swift »

Hope Santa drops a brick on their heads while they sleep!!
Newcastle Flyer

This does
White lives matter too.
Swift

Post by Swift »

MSN.com articles (which are mostly fluff) that start downloading a video clip when you just want to read the article, and how hard it is to stop the video downloading.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

Swift wrote:MSN.com articles (which are mostly fluff) that start downloading a video clip when you just want to read the article, and how hard it is to stop the video downloading.
Use NoScript. Not only is your browsing experience rid of CPU-intensive (and evidently poorly-written) scripts, but autoplaying videos, pages that block users of AdBlockers and so forth are completely circumvented.
Swift

Post by Swift »

How do you do that? I would love to give it a try.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

I've only found a Firefox version. - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /noscript/. An internet search should bring up the Chrome version, or one for whatever browser you're using.

Return to “The Lunch Room”