new coach owner

Discussions regarding bus to motorhome conversions are welcome here.
toxic

new coach owner

Post by toxic »

greetings all.... have just purchased a coach with the intention of turning it into a motor home, like so many others.
It is a 1996 PMC ( apollo ) on MAN running gear ( 18-420 ) tag axle.
Ours is a little different as it has a wheelchair lift for our disabled daughter.
It has what I believe to be a Euro front ??
What I am looking for is info regarding the headlight covers, if anyone has an idea of where they can be obtained in Sydney I would really like to replace them with new items..Image

hope the pic works...
Looking forward to getting to know others who are take the same huge leap.

Cheers Toxic
toxic by name - toxic by nature.......
rustbucket

Re: new coach owner

Post by rustbucket »

Long road ahead of you Tox, as anyone finished can attest. Or is anyone ever finished ? I know each time we get back to the farm there is a list of things to do.
Lots of good fun, you will probably add a few new swear words to the vocab but pretty satisfying to complete.
Motivation is sometimes the problem due to the size of the task but once you start each day that disappears.
I would not waste time looking for replacements, any half decent plastic fabricator can bend up a bit of acrylic to renew your headlight covers.
Welcome aboard.
Cheers
William
CCCC
Favourite Vehicle: Silvereagle and Scenicruiser

Post by CCCC »

You can buy a headlight restorer from super cheap or the likes ,most modern headlights these days are a harden form of perspex,
With the Dennings with front curved perspex windows would scratch easy after a while with wash brushes ,
I used brass cleaner which had very fine grit and would bring the perspex back up to almost new.

Thats an interesting old bus over in the corner of pic.
toxic

Post by toxic »

unfortunately there were removed before I got to take ownership ...so they were removed for the inspection... so need to find a new set .....
toxic

Post by toxic »

picked up the coach from Melbourne & bought it home...no to gut it & start planning the fit out .... will be calling some custom motorhome builders in the near future to see what can be done on a budget .....
rustbucket

Post by rustbucket »

There's 2 words that should never be used in the same sentence, budget and custom motorhome builder !!!

Why not tackle yourself, you will save heaps, learn new skills, but, and most important, when something goes awry, you will be able to fix it because you made it.
toxic

Post by toxic »

we will be doing most of the interior removal so we can present it as an empty box, as for doing it ourselves I don't have the space nor, as a shift worker, the time to tackle it, I want to use it ASAP for our disabled daughter to travel in .....
DiAmOnD T
Favourite Vehicle: AEC Mandator Ex Browns no7

Post by DiAmOnD T »

Try John Surace (Ace mobile bus spares) Haven't dealt with him for a long time now but when I was he knew how to get lots of the no stock PMC stuff.
The Diesel Guy
- Mobile heavy vehicle repairs serving Sydney to Newcastle -

dieselguynsw@gmail.com
LB608

Post by LB608 »

congratulateions someone who is actually putting Family first
toxic

Post by toxic »

made a good start over the last week or so ..... stripped out all the seats but for the first row ..... all of the floor & wall coverings, the luggage racks & roof coverings.

Still have to work out how to disassemble the toilet & the floor air heaters....

still lots to do ..... heading up to visit a place that we have used before on the NSW central coast for some advice in the morning ....
ax8

Post by ax8 »

Jacana Motorhomes might be worth calling for a quote, located in Taree NSW.
Mr Scania
Favourite Vehicle: Scania

Post by Mr Scania »

24-420 MAN.
toxic

Post by toxic »

ax8 wrote:Jacana Motorhomes might be worth calling for a quote, located in Taree NSW.
spoke with a fellow today who believes Jacana have a number of court hearings pending due to their work, or lack there of .... My family come from Taree ....took them of our even shorter list ...looks like we will have to start looking interstate to fine a mob who can do the full fit out for us .....
ax8

Post by ax8 »

Wow haven't heard anything around locally about that, I got a some stuff off them for my bus conversion a few years ago, they were great to deal with then but things can change I suppose.

Return to “Bus to motorhome discussions”