A Variety at MEL.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Mitch
Favourite Vehicle: VH-VUB

A Variety at MEL.

Post by Mitch »

I drove an hour this morning from Geelong to Melbourne to get a photo of the Cathay Pacific A350 coming in to land, and I almost missed it because it was 45 minuts early. :oops:

Here are some of the photos I got today.

The third A350-900 to be delivered to Cathay Pacific (B-LRC) coming in to land on RWY27 after completing flight CX105 from Hong Kong. This aircraft will celebrate it's first birthday next month.

The red tail of Australia's flag carrier on a Boeing 737-800 (VH-VYA) comes in from Canberra under the guise of QF811.

A Virgin Australia Boeing 737-800 (VH-YFT) comes into land from Sydney on VA824.

This beast of the Air New Zealand fleet, a Boeing 777-319ER (ZK-OKO) comes in a short hop over the river from Auckland.

The bigger brother of Qantas' domestic fleet, an Airbus A330-202 (VH-EBK) comes in from Sydney.

The airline at the centre of News Limited's tirade comes in to land from the Gold Coast. This Airbus A321-231 (VH-VWN) is not even six months old.

In between an Airbus and a Boeing, this little beauty came out of the clouds. A QantasLink Bombardier Dash 8 Q400 (VH-QOB) roars in from Launceston.

It has always been my goal to photograph both Retro Roo jets in the Qantas fleet and today I hit that goal. I think I actually said "oh, yes!" out loud when I saw this beauty come in. Qantas' Retro Roo One, a Boeing 737-800 (VH-XZP) comes in from Sydney.

It was awesome to get this photo. Not only did I photography one beastly 777, but I also managed to get two huge ones in the same photo. Here we see the flagship 777 of the Virgin Australia fleet, bearing the registration VH-VOZ takes off on the newly commissioned Melbourne to LAX direct route. And in the background is Virgin's codeshare partner to Europe, an Etihad 777.

And finally, the beast of the skies comes in to land from Abu Dhabi. This Etihad Airbus A380 (A6-APD) completing it's final decent onto RWY16.

As always: comments, questions and criticisms are always welcome.

Cheers,
Mitch :lol:
Last edited by Mitch on Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BroadGauge
Favourite Vehicle: Car

Re: A Variety at MEL [02/05/2017]

Post by BroadGauge »

Nice photos. Were these taken from down around Operations Road to the west?
Mitch

Re: A Variety at MEL [02/05/2017]

Post by Mitch »

They were using 27 yesterday so it was Sunbury Road. The only photo taken at Operations Rd was the Virgin 777.

Cheers,
Mitch :)
Mitch

Re: A Variety at MEL.

Post by Mitch »

Seeing as I post a lot of aviation photos, I thought I'd consolidate into one thread rather than continuing to create more ones.

This morning I had to drop a friend off at the airport so that he can move back to his Canadian motherland, so I spent a few hours at the airport. A lot of international airlines come in during the morning so I got a few snaps of them.

An Air Asia X Airbus A330-343 (9M-XXW) comes in to land in the morning from Hong Kong.

A Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner (VN-A862) of the national carrier of Vietnam, aptly named Vietnam Airlines, flies into Melbourne from Ho Chi Minh City.

The one of many Chinese airlines that operate into Melbourne, this China Southern Airbus A330-323 (B-5917) comes in from Guangzhou.

Another of the dynasty airlines that fly into Melbourne, this time from Shanghai Airlines. This Shanghai Airlines Airbus A330-243 (B-5931) lands from Shanghai.

This Garuda Indonesia Airbus A330-343 (PK-GPY) jets out from RWY27 on its way to Ngurah Rai (Denpasar).

This Airbus A330-323 (9M-MTM) sporting the Malaysian Airlines colours takes off from RWY16 on it's way to Kuala Lumpur.

The smaller sibling of the Etihad Airways long-haul fleet, this Boeing 777-300ER (A6-ETS) powers out of Melbourne on it's way to Abu Dhabi.

The second smallest of the QantasLink fleet, this Boeing 717-200 (VH-YXW) lifts off on it's way to Hobart.

As an homage to liveries of years gone - Qantas' Retro Roo II, a Boeing 737-800 (VH-VXQ) on it's way to Brisbane.

Cheers,
Mitch :)

Return to “Photos - Melbourne/Vic”