Bus Simulator 16

Discuss Transport Simulator games in this section

Moderator: busrider

Hawkeye
Favourite Vehicle: Any well designed bus!

Bus Simulator 16

Post by Hawkeye »

A much appreciated, but perhaps not well known bus simulator has recently been released as of early March this year - Bus Simulator 16!

I purchased the game myself only a couple of days ago, but I've been hooked on it ever since. The details of the buses are amazing, and lots of different functions too! Graphics in the game aren't as good compared to games such as ETS2 and ATS but certainly still make the game enjoyable. And you don't see just endless kilometres of grass like OMSI 2 ahaha! I would recommend it, it's based on a fictional German city but they speak fluent and complete English.

Below are the key links for this game:
Steam Store: http://store.steampowered.com/app/324310/
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/BusSimulatorGame/
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Re: Bus Simulator 16

Post by TA3001 »

It looks like it's one of those simulator games designed by Excalibur publishing. Wouldn't expect it to be like GTA V, but anyone got thoughts/comments on it? Thinking of purchasing it, but I don't want to waste money.
Adelaide Hills DD
Favourite Vehicle: Scania K320UB Gemilang (3401)

Post by Adelaide Hills DD »

I have about 6 hours on this game and I wasn't the biggest fan of it. The name itself is deceiving in its self. The game is more about running the company than driving buses. The buses themselves are a bit boring and there isn't much you can do with the game.

These are just a few of my views, but as an overall game, it's about a 7/10.
What even is a bus?
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Yeah, of course it's now like GTA V or anything similar haha!

I'm quite a huge fan of the game myself, with lots of cool features to explore. Level up in the business, unlocking new buses and districts along the way. A fictional bus manufacturer SAS is one featured with MAN being the other at this stage. I'm sure as time goes by, they'll get permission to include other manufacturer's within their game to expand it even further. So far, there is just the 1 DLC for the game being a MAN Lion's City A 47 M which is just $1.99USD (my fav bus so far!). There are various functions within the bus, such as the obvious as opening and closing doors and full operation of the cash register. Other useful functions include bus temperature control, un-jamming stuck doors, wheelchair ramp, kneeling and various other things. And one thing that is something clearly different in this game than OMSI 2 is that you are free to move about from your cockpit at anytime you wish (perhaps to get a coffee!).

Overall, I would recommend purchasing the game and i can't wait for further expansions, updates and DLC for this game :)
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

Thanks for sharing this game, had a quick squizz at their website and it seems pretty good. Bit like Cities In Motion 2, but you can actually drive the buses. I might think about getting it, but not sure if my 2011 iMac would cope? Should be OK though.
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Lt. Commander Data wrote:Thanks for sharing this game, had a quick squizz at their website and it seems pretty good. Bit like Cities In Motion 2, but you can actually drive the buses. I might think about getting it, but not sure if my 2011 iMac would cope? Should be OK though.
No problems, always more than happy to share things to you all! We can only hope you'll be OK with running it, quite power hungry the game is. Take a look at the minimum requirements before purchasing just to be safe :)
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

TA3001 wrote:It looks like it's one of those simulator games designed by Excalibur publishing.
*ALARM BELLS SOUNDING*

The same "great company" that brought us "Rubbish Truck Simulator" and "Farm Simulator" and countless other so-called simulators. Let's not forget the infamous "Bus and Cable Car Simulator" set in San-Francisco. Must be about the only "sim" where a minor prang with another vehicle will result in one's bus being flung 30,000ft into the air before completely locking the computer up.

And probably the only sim where the game gradually hogs more and more resources (several GB of RAM) and just gets slower and slower before completely crashing.

After wasting my money on that, I've been extremely apprehensive in trying any form of simulator.

Gotta loved crappy, rushed projects like the ones from Excalibur. Even though Midtown Madness is nearly two decades old at this point, and was intended as a street-racer game, not physics simulator, it would probably hold up better than BCCS.

Even Rigs of Rods works, but there aren't people, and the so-called "physics simulation" looses its luster when you witness crashes like these take place.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Time to re-evaluate my thoughts on this game...

So at the time of this post, I was playing the game every day. You'll be glad to know now, I haven't played it since the day of me creating this topic. That's more than a month without playing it! If I don't play the game for that long, without even thinking about it, then I think that tells you something. So, they have a lot to improve and you get quite disengaged from the game quickly. Until they improve and expand the game I wouldn't recommend purchasing it.
rogf24

Post by rogf24 »

What is so demanding about this game that needs an Nvidia 470 to run?
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

rogf24 wrote:What is so demanding about this game that needs an Nvidia 470 to run?
As usual, I suspect bloat to be responsible for that.

Just like computer operating systems that do the same thing in each new release, they need twice the processing power, RAM and HD space in each subsequent iteration. Way to waste system resources and keep the cogs of consumerism turning...
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

rogf24 wrote:What is so demanding about this game that needs an Nvidia 470 to run?
For how surprising this game is, it certainly lacks the features that OMSI 2 has etc. The game is poorly optimized, OMSI 2 is much better in terms of content, performance and cost wise :)
krustyklo

Post by krustyklo »

Even though Midtown Madness is nearly two decades old at this point, and was intended as a street-racer game, not physics simulator
Given you could drive a Routemaster through the London Underground in the second one, that is certainly an understatement... :D
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

krustyklo wrote:Given you could drive a Routemaster through the London Underground in the second one, that is certainly an understatement... :D
Not only through the Underground, but *in-to* an Underground train (i.e. collision) :P

All good fun, though. Heck, if the developers make tube entrances so big, why not take a bus down there? Could start a new BRT system in the underground :shock:
Bussinglane

Post by Bussinglane »

Is there a demo version of this game so i can try before i buy???
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Bussinglane wrote:Is there a demo version of this game so i can try before i buy???
Nah, and I wouldn't go wasting my time with it either. If you're after a bus simulator, go for OMSI 2.

It ain't cheap, but it ain't expensive like games such as GTA V. DLC's come out fairly often too, and a London DLC has been announced!
For the first time ever, the game will have the player driving on our side of the road, which should be awesome. So I'd say go and check out that game :D

Return to “Transport Simulators”