Bus Simulator 3D

Discuss Transport Simulator games in this section

Moderator: busrider

Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Bus Simulator 3D

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

Hi all,

I found a nice app for Android (no pun intended) and Apple devices called Bus Simulator 3D. It is free (mostly) with 11 different buses which you unlock as you earn more XP. to earn XP, you must complete routes in different locations. Crashing and breaking too hard ill loose you XP. Its not a perfect game, as it graphics are quite clearly copy-pasted and sometimes when you accelerate it doesn't move (requiring a restart), I still find it a nice game to play when bored (or wait ing for upgrade on Clash of Clans :wink: ). The game also has a free ride mode and a missions mode as well as career mode (which is my personal favourite). There are two view you can drive from, cab and suspended camera (in mid air). Here are some screenshots.
Attachments
Cab view from the bendybus
Cab view from the bendybus
The city bus is slow and has bad handling, thats why you start off with it!
The city bus is slow and has bad handling, thats why you start off with it!
If you crash, you will not only loose XP, but your bus will be dented
If you crash, you will not only loose XP, but your bus will be dented
The bendybus
The bendybus
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Re: Bus Simulator 3D

Post by TA3001 »

Does it enable you to drive through hilly routes barely slowing down for corners and roundabouts, whilst hugging the speed limit 95% of the way?
krustyklo

Post by krustyklo »

Does it enable you to drive through hilly routes barely slowing down for corners and roundabouts, whilst hugging the speed limit 95% of the way?
No, the game is actually quite twitchy to drive in terms of steering unless it has changed since the earlier version I tried and takes a while to get to any decent speed.

For lack of realism (which I assume was the basis of your question), nothing beats Midtown Madness where you could drive a Routemaster through the London Underground! :lol:
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

That's ok. I was jokingly referring to the driver's driving style on a bus I went on around July this year, where he was very hard on the pedal.
krustyklo

Post by krustyklo »

That's ok. I was jokingly referring to the driver's driving style on a bus I went on around July this year, where he was very hard on the pedal.
That could have been about 40% of any Smartbus journeys I've been on, although I probably should remove the Friday afternoon after happy hour ones for statistical purposes...
Lt. Commander Data

TA3001 wrote:That's ok. I was jokingly referring to the driver's driving style on a bus I went on around July this year, where he was very hard on the pedal.
Would that happen to be a route on the hills via Mt Barker Road (864F anyone) by any chance? I find that they all seem to know the roads so well that they just give it the beans and give you the G-Forces! :lol: (and a little bit of overshooting the bus stops as well) :P
Lt. Commander Data

Saw yesterday on the app store that Bus Simulator 2015 was released. Made by the same people (OVILEX), its pretty good, just an expanded version of the previous game, it has new buses, and the addition of many features, such as toggle headlights, toggle windscreen wipers and the option to have a manual bus. And the whole game is free (as far as I can tell). All the graphics have been increased, but I think the UI is a bit less user friendly than the previous one.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Lt. Commander Data wrote:
TA3001 wrote:That's ok. I was jokingly referring to the driver's driving style on a bus I went on around July this year, where he was very hard on the pedal.
Would that happen to be a route on the hills via Mt Barker Road (864F anyone) by any chance? I find that they all seem to know the roads so well that they just give it the beans and give you the G-Forces! :lol: (and a little bit of overshooting the bus stops as well) :P
Nah, it was actually on the 229 route on 18.280 2744. I've got a recording of it if you're interested. It was the most insane driving style I've seen on a bus in around 10-11 years, but not crazy enough to earn the #1 spot.

Return to “Transport Simulators”