high-floor buses in Perth

Perth / Western Australia Transport Discussion

Moderators: perthbus, Mr OC Benz

jonwil

high-floor buses in Perth

Post by jonwil »

Are there any buses left in the Perth fleet that are still high-floor and/or not wheelchair accessible?
Or has Transperth finally met the goal of being 100% wheelchair accessible?
Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Re: high-floor buses in Perth

Post by Bus Suggestions »

Quite sure we're 100% accessible, though you might want to wait for a response from the other WA members because I'm not entirely sure.
I'd post any important, bus-related links I had, but they're outdated anyways.
Off The Rails
Favourite Vehicle: Anything with an engine brake

Post by Off The Rails »

The bus tour which was held on the 30th, involving PR180.2's, were more than likely the last time high floors will be in service (last day in actual service was the 14th). The only slight chance that they will be in service this year is, if the planned deliveries to Rockingham, and cascading buses down to Mandurah, doesn't work or is delayed.

Cheers! :wink:
Officially the last person to tag off the 381 - 20/5/16.
Second last person to tag off the last timetabled 16 - 23/08/19.
Last person to tag off a Transdev Joondalup service - 19/1/20.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

Mr. Off the Rails is correct. As it stands, I think the deliveries have occurred and the buses just have to cascade down to Mandurah. If this is not the case, then they may be waiting on a couple of buses yet. It is too early in the year for me to remember the exact state of deliveries, but I don't think it is likely that even one Renault will hit the road come the start of the school term.

Despite the Mandurah rail services being cancelled twice at the end of December, none of the Mandurah Renaults (to my knowledge) were deployed for emergency rail replacement. Private operators with high-floor vehicles were observed assisting with the rail replacement.

Return to “Discussion - Perth / WA”