• Advertisement

Bottle attack

Perth / Western Australia Transport Discussion

Moderators: perthbus, Mr OC Benz

Bottle attack

Postby Roderick Smith » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:47 am

August 14 2016 - watoday.
Perth mum disgusted after bottle hurled through window of bus carrying Down Syndrome son
http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/perth ... qs1k5.html
Roderick Smith

Re: Bottle attack

Postby Hawkeye » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:50 pm

That is appalling behaviour! If only we were still in the olden days when you could confidently say "hello" to anyone you passed on a walk, and you didn't have to look over your shoulder when going to the local shops...

Don't people have better things to do, than terrorize passengers on board a bus these days?? Going by bus is suppose to be a safe, joyful and peaceful journey. Not some ride where your safety is put at risk by people such as those :roll:
Hawkeye

Favourite Vehicle: Any well designed bus!

Postby Lt. Commander Data » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:08 pm

Hawkeye wrote:That is appalling behaviour! If only we were still in the olden days when you could confidently say "hello" to anyone you passed on a walk, and you didn't have to look over your shoulder when going to the local shops...

Don't people have better things to do, than terrorize passengers on board a bus these days?? Going by bus is suppose to be a safe, joyful and peaceful journey. Not some ride where your safety is put at risk by people such as those :roll:

I still say g'day when walking, as do most people in the (Adelaide) Hills. We must still be stuck in the olden days...

It is appalling behaviour though. Although, I do think the disabilities bit didn't really need to be mentioned, it is unlike that the "attacker" knew it was full of disabled children. I do still feel bad for them, but they want to be treated as equals, so they shouldn't get special sympathy if something like this happens. It's like saying that if they were "normal" kids, no one would care (not true).

I do think the "attacker(s)" need to be charged with something though, it is not a good look for public transport. As Hawkeye mentioned, this is what is wrong with the world, people like that. Absolutely outrageous.
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868.
Adelaide Metro Photography. For all your Adelaide bus photo needs.
Lt. Commander Data

Favourite Vehicle: Volgren CR224L

Postby Merc1107 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:19 pm

Lt. Commander Data wrote:I do think the "attacker(s)" need to be charged with something though, it is not a good look for public transport. As Hawkeye mentioned, this is what is wrong with the world, people like that. Absolutely outrageous.

...Yet the best that could be done thus far was to "strongly condemn" attacks. As if that does anything to help the situation, same as when this is done by Presidents, Prime-Ministers and other important figures following terrorist attacks... Words never hurt anyone, so what makes anyone think they'll stop crime?

What needs to happen is the courts clamp down on violent behaviour... Whether that be "chain gains" as in the film "Cool Hand Luke" or just jail, I dunno.
Merc1107

Favourite Vehicle: High Floor Buses

• Advertisement

Return to Discussion - Perth / WA