WA Transport General Discussion & Questions - 2016

Perth / Western Australia Transport Discussion

Moderators: perthbus, Mr OC Benz

pasha241

Re: WA Transport General Discussion & Questions - 2016

Post by pasha241 »

ozi_mister_d wrote:Can someone tell me, is there a "turning loop" for the 177F at Wyong Rd, Bentley, in order to do a return 177T?
althought im not really sure about this route but one time when i went to bentley community centre i saw transperth bus taking turning look in there also i saw it near bentley library
shinjiman

Post by shinjiman »

I don't think so, however the old route 10 was run along Wyong Road, then R Baldock Street, L Hedley Street then terminates at Hedley Place, on return L Manning Road, L Wyong Road then resume the normal route.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
busdriver12
Favourite Vehicle: One that doesn't break down!

Post by busdriver12 »

ozi_mister_d wrote:Can someone tell me, is there a "turning loop" for the 177F at Wyong Rd, Bentley, in order to do a return 177T?
No. The last stop in Wyong Rd is the end of this service. It starts at the bus shelter on the other side of the road.
Phil

All views expressed are strictly my own and do not represent my employer or anyone else.
ozi_mister_d
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O305 UQB-171

Post by ozi_mister_d »

busdriver12 wrote:
No. The last stop in Wyong Rd is the end of this service. It starts at the bus shelter on the other side of the road.
Ok, thanks for the info.
(it was from doing 6/10's in my Metrobus days, that lead to the query)
Michael
TP-1120 was the last bus I drove for Metrobus, Saturday 27th June 1998.
busdriver12
Favourite Vehicle: One that doesn't break down!

Post by busdriver12 »

ozi_mister_d wrote:Ok, thanks for the info.
(it was from doing 6/10's in my Metrobus days, that lead to the query)
The 10 11 12 and 13 used to use the turning loop in Hedley St/Manning Rd with the terminus for the 10 and 11 in Hedley St. The 12 and 13 would use this loop and then continue to their terminus in Solar St Beckenham. I recall being a new driver at the time (and growing up north of the river) being so confused doing these routes!

Below is a scan of my old MetroBus drivers handbook showing the map of the
8-13
8-13a Map.jpg
Phil

All views expressed are strictly my own and do not represent my employer or anyone else.
Merc & Renault Bus_1

Post by Merc & Renault Bus_1 »

This might be a silly question, but what contract area/s do the routes 81 to 85?
the c man

Post by the c man »

Merc & Renault Bus_1 wrote:This might be a silly question, but what contract area/s do the routes 81 to 85?
im pretty sure its shared between swan transit karrinyup and shenton pk
pasha241

Post by pasha241 »

the c man wrote:
Merc & Renault Bus_1 wrote:This might be a silly question, but what contract area/s do the routes 81 to 85?
im pretty sure its shared between swan transit karrinyup and shenton pk
it marmion contract areas. even the shift are share with Shenton park/North freo. same story with SR/Canning contract like 930, 212, 229, even is SR contract route but Bus from Canning Contract (CV, BK) operate them. and also almost all canning contract route have Gosnells bus on their shift,
sylar

Post by sylar »

Split between Claremont and Marmion, I usually see Karrinyup or Shenton Park buses running these routes.
Shoudy Chen

Post by Shoudy Chen »

sylar wrote:
Split between Claremont and Marmion, I usually see Karrinyup or Shenton Park buses running these routes.
Not just that but they also had Beenyup that deployed Routes 81 to 85. Been on 85T last October which was under TP1830.
In Transit

Post by In Transit »

sylar wrote:
To be pedantic - and to repeat someone who posted prior to yours - routes 81-85 are part of the Marmion contract area. Karrinyup and Shenton Park are depots, not contract areas.

Pedantic? Yes. But given a lot of enthusiasts learn from these forums, it's worth getting it right.
pasha241

Post by pasha241 »

what font for desto they use in transperth bus.
Mr OC Benz
Favourite Vehicle: Anything German

Post by Mr OC Benz »

Buses with mobitec destination displays use their own font types/sizes. Other more common fonts can be used, however on flip dot displays, the resolution and appearance of these is not that great.
Mr OC Benz

Post by Mr OC Benz »

I've just deleted several posts from this thread which are either off-topic or unnecessary/spam. Please keep this thread strictly for questions and general discussion (i.e. on topics which are not significant enough for their own thread). Also don't forget, there is a "thanks" function on this forum. Please use it rather than post simple messages which are a waste of time for other members and the moderators.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

Something that springs to mind is the purpose of the 220 service from Perth to Armadale.

Given the service doesn't appear to stop at any of the railway stations (aside from Carousel, which is close to Cannington); is the service intended to simply service the Albany Hwy corridor for people transiting between shops or as something of a "replacement" for the already existing railway service?

I suppose this is the same reason we have the 103, for example along Stirling Highway in addition to the 111, 114/115, 148/158 and 910 services along parts-of or all of Canning Highway?
Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Post by Bus Suggestions »

Merc1107 wrote:Something that springs to mind is the purpose of the 220 service from Perth to Armadale.

Given the service doesn't appear to stop at any of the railway stations (aside from Carousel, which is close to Cannington); is the service intended to simply service the Albany Hwy corridor for people transiting between shops or as something of a "replacement" for the already existing railway service?

I suppose this is the same reason we have the 103, for example along Stirling Highway in addition to the 111, 114/115, 148/158 and 910 services along parts-of or all of Canning Highway?
I guess so.
I'd post any important, bus-related links I had, but they're outdated anyways.
Mr OC Benz

Post by Mr OC Benz »

Merc1107 wrote:Something that springs to mind is the purpose of the 220 service from Perth to Armadale.

The bus network is designed to complement the urban rail network rather than compete with it. In the case of the 220, it serves the Albany Hwy corridor which for the outer part, tends to criss-cross and hug the railway line. However given the spacing of train stations, a local service (in this case, is one of the functions of the 220) is needed to ensure coverage is provided along the narrow corridor where a train station is not nearby. Not many people would catch it from end to end given the journey time is between 60-90 mins while the train from Perth to Armadale is only 34-39 minutes. But the make up of passengers would be those making short journeys between points along the route (i.e. train station, hospital, shopping centre etc).

103 is similar, but not quite the same situation as it is a considerable distance from the railway line along sections of the route and also has a different approach to the Perth CBD (Kings Park Rd/St Georges Tce as oppose to Wellington St). Not quite sure what you are getting at with the Canning Hwy examples though. They are major routes providing connections within the southern/western suburbs to the Perth CBD and activity nodes in the area (e.g. Booragoon, Fremantle, Canning Bridge/Applecross etc).
Bus Suggestions

Oh, OK Mr. O.C.B.
pasha241

Post by pasha241 »

sorry if my question a bit silly and not really make sense. but why most of OC500LE Gas from freo put the ads near the back wheel in the left side rather than between front wheel and back door like other OC500LE. infact freo gas is not midi bus, which put the ad near the back wheel
Bus Suggestions

I understand you, but I don't know why...
Mr OC Benz

Post by Mr OC Benz »

Bus Suggestions wrote:Oh, OK Mr. O.C.B.
Bus Suggestions wrote:I understand you, but I don't know why...
Please read the Board Guidelines... In particular, this point:
Board Guidelines wrote:
  • Simple messages such as "thanks", "nice photos", "me too" or "I agree" have been found to waste time and are therefore should not be posted. A message consisting of only one or two lines of text may not be worth posting. Messages that do not contribute anything meaningful toward the subject being discussed may be removed.
And this post from two days ago (which obviously a couple of members missed):
Mr OC Benz wrote:I've just deleted several posts from this thread which are either off-topic or unnecessary/spam. Please keep this thread strictly for questions and general discussion (i.e. on topics which are not significant enough for their own thread). Also don't forget, there is a "thanks" function on this forum. Please use it rather than post simple messages which are a waste of time for other members and the moderators.
TP1462
Favourite Vehicle: B7RLE, OC500LE, 0305, B10M.

Post by TP1462 »

ImageImage

Newer style ticket machines have been installed at Perth underground now with NFC for contactless transactions using card, phone or smartwatch all dependent on your preferred payment system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

Here's a question in sure someone could answer. Why, when referring to bus routes, do users from WA use a 'T' or 'F' suffix? I've seen 343F and 294T. In Adelaide, suffixes usually denote a short-working or limited stops, but I get the feel song that's not the reason they are used in Perth. Just curious, that's all, as from some pictures I've seen the buses don't display the 'T' or 'F' suffix (that being said, I haven't seen as many Perth photos as I have Adelaide).

Cheers,
Data.
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
TP1106
Favourite Vehicle: TP1106, 1114 and 754.
Location: Perth, Western Australia - The capital city of the world's worst drivers!

Post by TP1106 »

T (Tango) Heading to the closest destination to the city or the city. F (Foxtrot) heading away from the city.
0405's are awesome!!
sylar

Post by sylar »

They simply mean To and From, eg: 402F runs from Perth to Stirling and 402T runs Stirling to Perth.

Return to “Discussion - Perth / WA”