Ellenbrook - Whitfords bus link idea

Perth / Western Australia Transport Discussion

Moderators: perthbus, Mr OC Benz

shinjiman

Ellenbrook - Whitfords bus link idea

Post by shinjiman »

Bus Suggestions wrote:Seems like Transperth read this stuff from ATDB because they've announced route 355 from Mon 28 August travelling the exact same route as your 339!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've just redrawn the route map using the map style since 2016 it may see how the route runs. (due to the upload restrictions the maximum size is 1000×1000px and below 300KB for this host)

(Although the new route is being numbered as 355, I still using 339 at this moment for consistency) :D

By the way as the initial idea was drawn in 2014 (about 3 years ago, or even a year ago to propose it before drawing for this route) there might have some further route changes or extensions for some of the routes (e.g. extension of route 450 at the end of 2016, etc), there may have some further suggestions to alter some part of the route to make the usability of this route. Again I will suggest those onto this thread when I've got some time to draw them a bit further :)
Route 339 (2017 style) Part A
Route 339 (2017 style) Part A
Route 339 (2017 style) Part B
Route 339 (2017 style) Part B
Shoudy Chen

Re: Ellenbrook - Whitfords bus link idea

Post by Shoudy Chen »

I have just had a look through the Transperth website in regards with the Route 355 and I think that Swan Transit (Midvale contract) will prioritise the route.
shinjiman

Post by shinjiman »

These are the Facebook posts by Rita and Jessica regarding for the route 355, and the media statement can be found here.

Facebook post from Rita
Rita Saffioti MLA wrote: The new 355 bus will connect Ellenbrook with the Joondalup train line for the first time.
This means drastically shorter journey times between Ellenbrook and job centres like Wangara and Joondalup.
It's also a massive benefit to growing suburbs like Henley Brook, Dayton and Brabham. No more nightmare commutes.
Facebook post from Jessica
Jessica Shaw MLA wrote: I've been waiting all week to announce this!
Our East-West Bus Services that we promised during the election will be starting at the end of the month. This is going to make a huge difference for Ellenbrook & Surrounds. It will make it easier to get to uni, jobs, entertainment, community services and employment centres. It's great that Minister Rita Saffioti MLA and Mark McGowan have been able to deliver on this commitment so quickly.
Facebook post from Mark
Mark McGowan wrote: For the first time ever, Ellenbrook is now connected to the Joondalup Line.
What used to be a 100 minute journey, will now be around 45 minutes once Route 355 bus starts up from 28th August.
But Corne Jarman is right - Ellenbrook needs a train line. Which is why we're getting on with delivering the #METRONET Morley-Ellenbrook Line by 2022, built by WA workers.
Until then, we'll work on public transport solutions to help Ellenbrook in the meantime. Solutions like these.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

shinjiman wrote:But Corne Jarman is right - Ellenbrook needs a train line. Which is why we're getting on with delivering the #METRONET Morley-Ellenbrook Line by 2022, built by WA workers.
I'm sure we've beaten this to death, but I really doubt there is the population catchment around Ellenbrook to justify heavy rail, and I don't think we should be encouraging further sprawl beyond Ellenbrook. Its time to focus on developing regional centres with existing infrastructure (Bunbury, Toodyay, Northam) that could be upgraded to facilitate future growth...

Return to “Discussion - Perth / WA”