Timetable project of mine

Perth / Western Australia Transport Discussion

Moderators: perthbus, Mr OC Benz

adx666
Favourite Vehicle: Transperth Mercedes O305

Re: Timetable project of mine

Post by adx666 »

Welcome back but usually when someone quits the forum their posts remain but as all your original posts are gone, a fair few posts no longer make sense with no continuity due to missing BD12 posts!
Sad sad days with seas and seas of silver sh!t :evil:
busdriver12
Favourite Vehicle: One that doesn't break down!

Post by busdriver12 »

UQB882 wrote:Welcome back but usually when someone quits the forum their posts remain but as all your original posts are gone, a fair few posts no longer make sense with no continuity due to missing BD12 posts!
Thanks. It was a conscious decision I made at the time to extricate myself from anywhere on the net that had anything to do with gunzelling for work related reasons. There is nowhere in the forum software which allows you to leave and take everything with you, so I asked the admins to do that for me. I continued to lurk for quite some time.

That reason for doing so no longer exists, but my contributions will be minimal - mostly this thread as it's been a long term project of mine (over 12 years now), which I am more than happy to share :)
Phil

All views expressed are strictly my own and do not represent my employer or anyone else.
adx666

Post by adx666 »

Sorry to hear Phil as you certainly had some great posts
We need more WA people on this board for sure!
busdriver12

Post by busdriver12 »

UQB882 wrote:Sorry to hear Phil as you certainly had some great posts
We need more WA people on this board for sure!
Don't worry - I'll poke my face in and post from time to time if there's something to comment on. I've noticed the WA/Perth discussion area has greatly reduced in volume in recent times as it seems a lot of people have migrated over to various Facebook groups.

The other thing those of us in the industry have to be aware of, is that some (if not all) companies have social media policies in place and restricts a lot of what can and cannot be said. I'm quite happy to relay the odd war story and recollections of times gone past, but have to draw the line at info of an operational nature. Another thing those of you who may be reading this post needs to be aware of, is that the counter terrorism alert is currently set to High which means we need to be careful what information is disseminated in the public domain. Bearing in mind this forum can be browsed anonymously, it would be wise to think about whether that potential post is of use and not be driven by the desire to say you heard it here first.

Time to pull my head in :)
Phil

All views expressed are strictly my own and do not represent my employer or anyone else.
adx666

Post by adx666 »

No worries Phil, I don't work in the industry and don't care for much of the technical stuff or operational things but love the white n greens and share your interest in timetables but that's about it
busdriver12

Post by busdriver12 »

Caught up with the last few changes since April. Latest update as at 28 June. All the links in my sig.
Phil

busdriver12

Post by busdriver12 »

July 26 changes added.
August 9 changes added.

Details in sig.
Phil

busdriver12

Post by busdriver12 »

Updated to 22/11/15. Should be the last change for this year...
Phil

busdriver12

Post by busdriver12 »

Famous last words - last update for this year takes in changes to 340 341 and 342 dated 20/12/15.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all :)
Phil

busdriver12

Post by busdriver12 »

All the changes of 31 January 2016 have been included. It involved updating the entire database (i.e. lots of work!). It's structure has been altered for simplicity.

Hope you find it useful.
Phil

busdriver12

Post by busdriver12 »

All 31/7/16 changes including opening of Perth Busport in this issue. The route information file has also been updated to reflect route number changes.

Links to both files are in my sig.

Enjoy! :)
Phil

busdriver12

Post by busdriver12 »

All 7/8/16 changes. Route info file updated to reflect route renumberings.

Links in my sig.
Phil

busdriver12

Post by busdriver12 »

Updated for all 9th October changes.

Route info file updated to reflect route renumberings.

Links to both files in my sig.
Phil

busdriver12

Post by busdriver12 »

All 29 Jan changes done, albeit a tad late. Info in my sig :)
Phil

Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Post by Bus Suggestions »

14/5/2017 version goes to dropbox and apparently is either a private site or has been moved. Please update it :(
I'd post any important, bus-related links I had, but they're outdated anyways.
busdriver12

Post by busdriver12 »

Bus Suggestions wrote:14/5/2017 version goes to dropbox and apparently is either a private site or has been moved. Please update it :(
Dropbox has now made it difficult to share stuff for free account holders, so I've moved it over to Google Drive. Try this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxFRyV ... sp=sharing

Can you reply in here so we all know whether it works or not?

Thanks
Phil

Bus Suggestions

Works, though only a bit actually shows up on my iPhone (most of it got clipped off due to the screen width of my iPhone)
busdriver12

Post by busdriver12 »

Could someone try this link and let me know if it works? I am trying to get around this recent restriction on dropbox.

TIA
Phil

Bus Suggestions

Works great!
busdriver12

Post by busdriver12 »

Thanks for that - I'll update the links in my sig after work today :)
Phil

busdriver12

Post by busdriver12 »

Last update of 2017 included. 2018 changes will be incorporated by late Jan/early Feb as spare time permits :)

Also, if anyone who regularly uses these files notices any change to the way dropbox behaves, please drop a note in this thread rather than a pm to let me know. That way others who do download it will also be alerted to any issues.
Phil

subtekjr

Post by subtekjr »

Hey I've just got onto this site, and I noticed in the timetable project, the 201 route is outdated. It reads Carousel-Bentley Hospital-Carousel. The route was updated last year to run Cannington Station - Curtin University via Bentley Hospital and Bentley Plaza, with select deviations to Activ Industries. It runs like 5 or 6 times a day now as well. https://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/timeta ... ownload-tt
busdriver12

Post by busdriver12 »

subtekjr wrote:Hey I've just got onto this site, and I noticed in the timetable project, the 201 route is outdated. It reads Carousel-Bentley Hospital-Carousel. The route was updated last year to run Cannington Station - Curtin University via Bentley Hospital and Bentley Plaza, with select deviations to Activ Industries. It runs like 5 or 6 times a day now as well. https://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/timeta ... ownload-tt
Thanks for that - I've corrected that minor detail and all other details are correct. In the Routes tab, hover your mouse over that cell and it will display the route description as a comment (you'll need to view it in MS Excel)

(Some background) This has been an ongoing project of mine started about 18 years ago. It was originally created to track and keep up to date with my growing collection of timetables which were starting to be offered in .pdf format in the early 2000's. I've also used it as object for my learning excel of which the original version was created in Excel 95, which has become much more that a simple database. The current version is created in Excel 2016 and is backwards compatible with earlier versions of excel. I decided some time ago to share it to use as a research tool much in the same way http://perthbus.info/ is used to look up bus history/movements.

Enjoy and please put up any more errors or omissions you find.
Phil

busdriver12

Post by busdriver12 »

I've not advertised any changes for a little while and is now up to date as at 2/9/18.

The link in my sig for
Route/contract info was still pointing to the 2017 file which I have changed to 2018.
Phil

shinjiman

Post by shinjiman »

"Bus Timetable 87" exists on 20171119, 20180128 and now 20181007, as the composited timetables along Morrison Road Midland.

Routes included in this timetable are 313, 314, 315, 323, 324, 325 and 327.

As described before this timetable will be updated as a pair from Bus Timetable 86.

Return to “Discussion - Perth / WA”