BPSWA

Perth / Western Australia Transport Discussion

Moderators: perthbus, Mr OC Benz

DiAmOnD T
Favourite Vehicle: AEC Mandator Ex Browns no7

BPSWA

Post by DiAmOnD T »

Does anybody know what bpswa is doing with the ex mtt half cab tow trucks? 001, 002, 004?? is atleast one on historic plates yet?

My last visit (a few years ago now) they were all looking a bit worse for wear.
The Diesel Guy
- Mobile heavy vehicle repairs serving Sydney to Newcastle -

dieselguynsw@gmail.com
Herbert

Post by Herbert »

No 4 is alive and well, registered XIM049. It had always been the better of the two, especially considering it had an air-bumper useful for shunting. No 5 has become a spare parts source.

Both tow wagons were loaned to the BPSWA by the MTT on many occasions over the years to help move other vintage buses around, so it was fitting that these two ended up with the Society.

I had been thinking of posting some historical and recent photos of both, so stay tuned!

There were two other Leyland Tiger OPS4 tow wagons. Through the efforts of the BPSWA these were also secured for kindred organisations. No 2 went to the Perth Electric Tramways Society (but I think it is now on long term loan to the Omnibus Owners Group). As you no doubt know, No 3 is at Tempe.
Get the gen, see the shots: www.perthbus.info
aliG

Post by aliG »

Herbert wrote: No 2 went to the Perth Electric Tramways Society (but I think it is now on long term loan to the Omnibus Owners Group).
The best by far...and no carpet in sight!!!
This is true preservation.
The Bell Tower

Post by The Bell Tower »

Att. AliG
For some reason you have a chip on your shoulder re the Council of the BPSWA. I invite you to ring me and express your views. If I agree with your concerns I will put theses concerns to Council for their attention. I can be contacted after 7pm most nights if I am not at home please leave your number.
Re your comments on carpets - this is news to me - the only bus that is carpeted is DP90 and the carpet was already in it when I joined 9 years ago.
Re the Guy Victory being in Jandakot - its not its in Welshpool.
Re the Rotarians - yes there are three (includes me) on Council plus a retired Rotarian. Without exception all are deciated bus nuts who devote a lot of time and effort (and their own cash) to make the Society the sucess it is.
Membership has doubled in the past four years. We have doubled the size of the workshop thanks to a $85,000 grant from Lottywest. We have save for preservation seven important bus over the past two years. Two buses are under restoration (no carpets) and the licenced fleet has never been so sound. We have in place a fund raising committee who hold sausage sizzles and sell donated dead batteries - hence all our bills are paid on time with some money over to do restorations.
So instead of making silly remarks why not join us - why not join the Tuesday work crew (18 today) and give us a hand or why not stand against me for the President of BPSWA if you feel you can do better.

I am looking forward to speaking to you but I am not holding my breath.
Cameron Bell president BPSWA ph 93677016
z80

Post by z80 »

holly crap, I just finally realized that with uni starting I have Tuesdays off work and uni. I finally might be able to get down to the BPS while people are actually there, something I have been meaning to do for the last year or so.
tbc1983_

Post by tbc1983_ »

z80 wrote:holly crap, I just finally realized that with uni starting I have Tuesdays off work and uni. I finally might be able to get down to the BPS while people are actually there, something I have been meaning to do for the last year or so.
What do you study and which uni, mate? :)

Cheers!
ATDB member's quotes are now on holiday.

Looks like Herbert's H.D. will have to do 'a phoenix'!
Merc_Benz_0305G

Post by Merc_Benz_0305G »

I could too except that i have skool and one period on tuesdays and attend MSC (mandurah senior college)
Steven Pitcher
Now on Facebook

Return to “Discussion - Perth / WA”