Hino BX341

Discussions regarding bus to motorhome conversions are welcome here.
Post Reply
jbponytail
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:37 am

Hino BX341

Post by jbponytail »

Hello everyone ave just found this forum. A newby at this but have just purchase a 1984 BX341 flat floor bus. Some conversion already done. I believe this model is a full import . Does anyone have any relevant info they can share please ?Best place to gert parts, manual?? Cheers Julie

User avatar
boronia
Posts: 19372
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:18 pm
Favourite Vehicle: Dennis
Location: Sydney

Re: Hino BX341

Post by boronia »

Could you put up a photo of it, and do you know what model engine it has?

Many of these second hand imports didn't have equivalents in Australia, and you would be scratching to even find bits in Japan now.
The Sydney Classic and Antique Truck (and Bus) Show
On again June 2020
@ The Museum of Fire.

LB608
Posts: 916
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:56 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Hino BX341

Post by LB608 »

Guy Arab maybe your man

User avatar
Guy_Arab
Posts: 741
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:11 am
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N Bus & Guy Arab
Location: Perth W.A.

Re: Hino BX341

Post by Guy_Arab »

jbponytail wrote:Hello everyone ave just found this forum. A newby at this but have just purchase a 1984 BX341 flat floor bus. Some conversion already done. I believe this model is a full import . Does anyone have any relevant info they can share please ?Best place to gert parts, manual?? Cheers Julie
I need the engine model plus gearbox type before I can look up my data on Hino
GUY ARAB

User avatar
Guy_Arab
Posts: 741
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:11 am
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N Bus & Guy Arab
Location: Perth W.A.

Re: Hino BX341

Post by Guy_Arab »

Guy_Arab wrote:
jbponytail wrote:Hello everyone ave just found this forum. A newby at this but have just purchase a 1984 BX341 flat floor bus. Some conversion already done. I believe this model is a full import . Does anyone have any relevant info they can share please ?Best place to gert parts, manual?? Cheers Julie
I need the engine model plus gearbox type before I can look up my data on Hino
GUY ARAB
IS THE ENGINE RB145 IF SO I CAN HELP I ALL SO HAVE CLUTCH MANUAL
GUY ARAB

User avatar
boronia
Posts: 19372
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:18 pm
Favourite Vehicle: Dennis
Location: Sydney

Re: Hino BX341

Post by boronia »

I think the RB145 is a 4 cylinder chassis model.
The Sydney Classic and Antique Truck (and Bus) Show
On again June 2020
@ The Museum of Fire.

User avatar
Guy_Arab
Posts: 741
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:11 am
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N Bus & Guy Arab
Location: Perth W.A.

Re: Hino BX341

Post by Guy_Arab »

boronia wrote:I think the RB145 is a 4 cylinder chassis model.
THERE IS ALOT OF ENGINE IN HINO BUSES ALOT ARE FOUR CYLINDER BOTH FRONT MOUNT AND REAR MY TWO MANUALS SHOW BOTH LARGE BUSES ENGINES PLUS A TROUBLE SHOOTS PAGES ON REPAIRS AND FILES ON TROUBLES
GUY ARAB

User avatar
busrider
Moderator
Posts: 2331
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:35 pm
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...
Location: Not in the Gutta

Re: Hino BX341

Post by busrider »

I believe the engine for the BX341 may be the EH700, it was for SA's BX341E school buses anyway.

User avatar
Guy_Arab
Posts: 741
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:11 am
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N Bus & Guy Arab
Location: Perth W.A.

Re: Hino BX341

Post by Guy_Arab »

busrider wrote:I believe the engine for the BX341 may be the EH700, it was for SA's BX341E school buses anyway.
my list of Hino motors show EF750 AND A EF750 T AS SCHOOL BUSES
GUY ARAB

jbponytail
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:37 am

Re: Hino BX341

Post by jbponytail »

boronia wrote:Could you put up a photo of it, and do you know what model engine it has?

Many of these second hand imports didn't have equivalents in Australia, and you would be scratching to even find bits in Japan now.
Thanks Boronia. It has a badge inside saying ALNOR built 1984 (ALNOR bus manufacturers in Sydney) and has a Western Toyota Mid mounted Engine.
Engine No EH 700100497
Serial Number BX351140387
So Im confused I now think it may be Aussie... any help would be fabulous not sure how to post an image ?? regards Julie

jbponytail
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:37 am

Re: Hino BX341

Post by jbponytail »

Guy_Arab wrote:
jbponytail wrote:Hello everyone ave just found this forum. A newby at this but have just purchase a 1984 BX341 flat floor bus. Some conversion already done. I believe this model is a full import . Does anyone have any relevant info they can share please ?Best place to gert parts, manual?? Cheers Julie
I need the engine model plus gearbox type before I can look up my data on Hino
GUY ARAB
Hello Guy Arab thank you for your response. I have found a clever man who has been able to fix the gear linkages. just now need to sort out some steeering parts. The bus has a badge ALNOR body built 1984 (ALNOR in Syndey) and a western toyota badge on rear. Its a mid mounted engine. Someone has looked after this bus as it is in great condition . The engine runs really sweetly.. so someone knows something about it ....
Serial Number BX 351140387 and Engine EH700100497
If you could assist in ohow to post a pic I can put a pic of the bus and also the parts needed. Many thanksfor your help

jbponytail
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:37 am

Re: Hino BX341

Post by jbponytail »

Yes it is the EH700 engine. Has plate that says body made by ALNOR in Sydney and a western toyota badge on the back

User avatar
Guy_Arab
Posts: 741
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:11 am
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N Bus & Guy Arab
Location: Perth W.A.

Re: Hino BX341

Post by Guy_Arab »

I have manual for bus showing all parts but not engine which is a manual on its own
Guy Arab

jbponytail
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:37 am

Re: Hino BX341

Post by jbponytail »

Hello all regarding the BX341 Hino bus. The engine is a EH700 . There is a badge on the front of the bus saying body manufactured by ALNOR Sydney. Was a school bus in VIC Roads. Western Toyota badge on rear. Someone has looked after this vehicle so there must be someone who knows about it. How can you track a vehichles history from manufacture. ?? I have numbers required not should if I should post them on a public forum. May I email guy Arab and Boronia or anyone else who may be able to help please ?? Many thanks in advance Julie

User avatar
Guy_Arab
Posts: 741
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:11 am
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N Bus & Guy Arab
Location: Perth W.A.

Re: Hino BX341

Post by Guy_Arab »

jbponytail wrote:Hello all regarding the BX341 Hino bus. The engine is a EH700 . There is a badge on the front of the bus saying body manufactured by ALNOR Sydney. Was a school bus in VIC Roads. Western Toyota badge on rear. Someone has looked after this vehicle so there must be someone who knows about it. How can you track a vehichles history from manufacture. ?? I have numbers required not should if I should post them on a public forum. May I email guy Arab and Boronia or anyone else who may be able to help please ?? Many thanks in advance Julie
I sent you a email

GUY ARAB

Post Reply

Return to “Bus to motorhome discussions”