Club Rego for Victoria.

Discussions regarding bus to motorhome conversions are welcome here.
Aussie Bob

Club Rego for Victoria.

Post by Aussie Bob »

Hi All....

Just a query.... have any of you Motorhomer's, registered your 25 year and older Bus with Club Rego...?

After speaking with Vic Roads today they assured me its possible....after joining a Club of some kind.

I would love to hear if any one has gone down this path... and if So, What Club did you join, to satisfy the desk jockeys at Vic Roads...?

Rego for 3 Axle Bus in Vic is over $2500 per year.
for a Two Axle.....$507......per year....
Club Rego with 45 outings per year...Under $100..

Thanks...
AB
system improver
Favourite Vehicle: 1949 MBA Seddon

Re: Club Rego for Victoria.

Post by system improver »

The Bus and Coach Society of Victoria will register buses and coaches with Club Plates that are still buses and coaches. The Historical Commercial Vehicle Association of Victoria may register former buses that are now something else with Club Plates. Contact them at:
http://www.hcvc.com.au/contact-the-hcvc

It is important to remind people that Club Plate rego does not mean the regulations regarding roadworthy certificates are not enforced. In fact, both the BCSV and HCVC insist on a full independent roadworthy as part of the Club Plate process. This can be expensive for a bus, or former bus. It can include a full frame inspection if the bus, or former bus, is to carry any passengers. Frame inspections are required every ten years under current rules.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

"Club rego" was designed so vehicle enthusiasts could enjoy their historic vehicles together in company with like minded people.

It was never intended for independent owners to go out travelling around the country on cheap registration with no real historic intent. The current system of 45 day (or whatever it is) log books is being abused, and is likely to come under scrutiny in the near future. Already NSW has refused to adopt it because of this.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Buswas

Post by Buswas »

As of the first of Feb the rules have been tightened in Victoria, a full Rwc is required for vehicles built after 1948.
And a lot of restrictions in regards to the modification of vehicles also came into effect.
Aussie Bob

Post by Aussie Bob »

Thanks for all your varied and interesting replies..

AB.
cal321

Post by cal321 »

You can read more about the changes here: https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/registr ... nuary-2015
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Just having to get an RWC will not stop abuse of the system.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
B7RLE
Favourite Vehicle: VOLVO B7RLE

Post by B7RLE »

I got a full roadworthy on my 1986 Volvo B10M and that was big job with lots of cursing but was worth it once I got it on Victorian club plates
Proud Owner of a Volvo B10M mk 2 Volgren and a Scania L113CRB Volgren
Boff
Favourite Vehicle: MCI MC7 and early Denning's

Post by Boff »

Seen a few motorhomes on Club rego and the feeling is that its an abuse of the CPS (Club permit scheme) but not forbidden.
Jan 31st this year saw the introduction of mandatory roadworthies in Vic instead of the option to get the club to sign off and this was due to abuse by created clubs that were in it for the money (Internet Car clubs) and this is a hotly debated topic along with many other issues.

The way things are at the moment there are a number of groups of interested parties who lobby and work with VicRoads to bring change to the CPS which means that there is uncertainty within clubs as to what the future holds as everyone has a different idea of what correct usage is.

The club that I belong to (I have 4 cars on CPS) has trucks, Motorcycles, tractors and cars on CPS and we scrutinise regardless of RWC and club members MUST have a private vehicle on full rego, We also gave members the choice of getting a RWC or just club scrutiny and most chose RWC and it wasn't a choice with vehicles over 4.5 ton.

for peace of mind, insurance etc I will be full rego-ing whatever I buy bus wise mainly due to insurance companies tending to look for any way out of a hefty claim and for me the CPS still holds too many grey areas and considering most Buses see very high mileage I want my backside very well covered.
rustbucket

Post by rustbucket »

I have just re- registered my Tourmaster in Queensland after using it for 1 year after a 4 year build.
Had to do a mechanical inspection which wasn't hard (VP is in very good mechanical condition) but the fact I had to pay $170 to them to do it, was !
Then over $1400 for the rego.
Mate has a Merc, Tourmaster body, pretty similar, though his is heavier, rego in Tassie around $800, no yearly mechanical, Queensland address for mailing, how's that ?
downunder1811

Post by downunder1811 »

Hi I own a 1984 b6fa TD60 Volvo bus, I have had it on club rego for two yrs, I am slowly converting it to a Motorhome, I was told by my club that all I have to do was put In a bed, wardrobe, sink, hot water and PowerPoint get it certified by sparky and plumber and then I can get it rego as a Motorhome under club rego. Is it right maybe not but is it wrong no either, and more this will keep happening as long as registration places keep charging these fees for people like myself that only use my Motorhome maybe 2-6 times a year, they all need to take a look at the system and get a Motorhome rego out there because some rego as caravans some as buses some as trucks which can be priced between $500-$1700 PA.

Return to “Bus to motorhome discussions”