Dennings

Discussions regarding bus to motorhome conversions are welcome here.
CCCC
Favourite Vehicle: Silvereagle and Scenicruiser

Re: Dennings

Post by CCCC »

csrbd

Post by csrbd »

I didn't say what Murphs!!
jasonjason
Favourite Vehicle: Austral Tourmaster

Post by jasonjason »

im keen on one of the buses. has anyone dealt with murphy's before?
Katie

Post by Katie »

Jeff nance has them nowat double the price plus some more lol
xxxx ooooo :)
funbus
Favourite Vehicle: man sl200 mkI

Post by funbus »

its sad, but alot of these bus sales companies, or independant one man shows with money, buy these things at a fair price, as those dennings were not dear, but not cheap all the same. Hey we will never change this, its called the second hand marketplace, and people play games,

here are 2 examples for price difference, both would have paid the same at the start, both want to get rid of them, but one is a game player!!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Volvo-Bus-/2 ... 500wt_1011

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Volvo-Bus-Mo ... 500wt_1011

:lol: wish both them luck, look which one already has a bid on it!!
"Its only a bus if it smells like diesel!" Electric buses might aswell be trams!!**
plough

Post by plough »

You only have to look at the auctions. You spend a few weeks looking around at second hand buses for sale at commercial sales companies, then you go to an auction one afternoon and when you look around, the same people bidding at the auction are the same people that only last week were trying very hard to sell you there buses out of there sales yard for a greatly increased price.
There are 2 football teams with a swear word in there name. Arsenal and #%$#ing Manly.
Katie

Post by Katie »

plough wrote:You only have to look at the auctions. You spend a few weeks looking around at second hand buses for sale at commercial sales companies, then you go to an auction one afternoon and when you look around, the same people bidding at the auction are the same people that only last week were trying very hard to sell you there buses out of there sales yard for a greatly increased price.
:shock: :shock: :shock: What :shock: :shock: A business making a profit :shock: :shock: :shock: The horror of it all.
Seriously though, they will outbid and pay more than they want to, just so you dont get it cheaper than market value. They are protecting their market. Its not just buses, I used to trade in computer parts years ago, and we would do the same thing, there would be 100 lots the same, we would bid up up up on the first item, knowing full well that the other bidder was just going to buy one, after 3 or four, they would offer the lot up, and we would pay 1/4 of what the original buyer paid. Admittedly ewe had to buy a stack of stuff, but we had instant mark up of 75% to even reach what these people had paid "at Auction"
xxxx ooooo :)
BBL 10
Favourite Vehicle: MCA/CAT 3208T

Post by BBL 10 »

The best way to go is to buy the bus your after from the operator directly. Most bus companies do try and sell their own gear most of the time and you can get a pretty good vehicle for a good price. The Auctions are good aswell as you can pick up a bargain which I have in the past. I certainly wouldn't buy off a broker because as was stated earlier huge mark ups are made on them. There is nothing wrong with making a dollar but some jokers are just plain crooks with what they try and resell vehicles for.

One vehicle I was after a number of years ago was in good nic and well priced but I was too slow in jumping in to get it and a broker got a hold of it and the price he put on it was three times what the operator offered it for sale initially. When I spoke to the salesman about budging on the price a little for cash he wouldn't give an inch, so I walked out of there.

I'm sure many people have been caught buying something and realising later on that they got ripped off, all I can say is before you decide to invest heavilly in one of these things do your homework on them. Investigate and research throughly on them to get yourself a good deal know the market and know what their really worth no matter where your buying the vehicle from it will certainly pay down the track to be shrewed about the decisions you make.
CAT DIESEL POWER
cal321

Post by cal321 »

Yesterday I saw Murphy's ad in the April Motorhome & Caravan trader magazine - they are having a closing down sale. It might be an opportunity to put in a cheeky offer on any vehicle you have your eye on!

Return to “Bus to motorhome discussions”