Spilt system Air Conditioner

Discussions regarding bus to motorhome conversions are welcome here.
csrbd

Spilt system Air Conditioner

Post by csrbd »

I'm thinking of installing a small domestic split system aircon into the rear window of my motorhome project,instead of a custom built caravan roof type.I have heard that the domestic systems don't like the bumps and knocks from being mobile. Advice welcome please.
dropbear68

Re: Spilt system Air Conditioner

Post by dropbear68 »

I jammed a massive splitty in my little bus a nice 3.5kw Daikin, I can understand with the bumpety bump stuff I looked into this myself, Im mounting my compressor unit on rubber mounts, when I get round to gassing it I want to use rubber auto type aircon hoses rather then copper I have to look into this for pressure reasons, many buses have splittys and half the caravans doing the traps have them fitted too, I guess its a wait and see situation
kelvin12
Favourite Vehicle: Austral, King of the Outback

Post by kelvin12 »

They seem to go alright as long as you keep the pipe work snug so as it can't vibrate. Fitting a split system to my own and figure the insulation around pipe should be able to stop most of the vibration problem when it squashed between interior sheeting etc. I have a few cable clamps fitted where it might vibrate.

Dirk
dropbear68

Post by dropbear68 »

Yep vibrations not good lol
scott101973

Post by scott101973 »

The bus I'm selling has a 7kw split. I mounted it using steel straps so it is cradled. It is free to move slightly to take out the 'rough' bits when driving. Works a charm.

Return to “Bus to motorhome discussions”