Advise

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###
Antman3

Advise

Post by Antman3 »

Hi all

New here and to the bus conversion/living community

Been looking around and also watching a lot of YouTube videos
I was thinking of starting my own and I am very aware of how much work is involved but ima Lao the type of person who gets satisfaction from doing it myself and I also like to plan and make it exactly how I’d want it

I was looking at or going to look into using using an old Australian school bus because I know of one that I can pick up for cheap (cheap compared to some buses and coaches) and from what I can find online it’s a 1990 PMC AK176 (could be wrong)

So I guess my questions are, are they reliable despite the fact I know they’re old, slow and well used?
And also what are their dimensions as I can’t find anything at all besides an article saying they are roughly 11m x 2.5m?

Thanks heaps in advance
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Re: Advise

Post by boronia »

The AK147 is a Hino chassis (not a machine gun LOL).
Generally. they should be reliable and reasonably easy to get fixed if anything does go wrong. They have a lot of parts common to Hino trucks, so "upgrade" options should be around.

They would be 2.5 m wide, and look to be 11-11.5 long and a bit under 3 high.

Yu would need to check out the details when you inspect it.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Antman3

Re: Advice

Post by Antman3 »

Excellent, thanks heaps

And yeah I did notice a big navel gun goes by the same name haha
Guy_Arab
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N Bus & Guy Arab

Re: Advise

Post by Guy_Arab »

boronia wrote:The AK147 is a Hino chassis (not a machine gun LOL).
Generally. they should be reliable and reasonably easy to get fixed if anything does go wrong. They have a lot of parts common to Hino trucks, so "upgrade" options should be around.

They would be 2.5 m wide, and look to be 11-11.5 long and a bit under 3 high.

Yu would need to check out the details when you inspect it.
IF YOU NEED A BUS MANUAL I HAVE SOME MANUALS
GUY ARAB

Return to “New Users/Ask a Simple Question”