• Advertisement

newbie Hino 1976 owner

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###

newbie Hino 1976 owner

Postby customhinowa » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:21 am

Hi
I have recently taken on a 1976 Hino bus chassis with a custom body motorhome and being a classic BMW guy I have no idea where to start looking for parts and assistance with the various projects that will pop up. I would prefer not to use the mainstream Hino dealer unless I have no choice due to the age of the vehicle and hopefully I will learn a few things
Shane
Attachments
vinplatesbus.jpg
bustow.jpg
bustow.jpg (115.42 KiB) Viewed 3759 times
customhinowa

Re: newbie Hino 1976 owner

Postby Guy_Arab » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:18 pm

customhinowa wrote:Hi
I have recently taken on a 1976 Hino bus chassis with a custom body motorhome and being a classic BMW guy I have no idea where to start looking for parts and assistance with the various projects that will pop up. I would prefer not to use the mainstream Hino dealer unless I have no choice due to the age of the vehicle and hopefully I will learn a few things
Shane

if you let me know engine type PLUS GEARBOX TYPE
I may have manual

GUY ARAB
Guy_Arab

Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N Bus & Guy Arab

Postby customhinowa » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:28 am

Thanks for the reply. Flat 6 cylinder NA with pre select (semi auto?) I am used to the VIN when tracking parts for my BMW's is it a similar system for trucks/buses?
customhinowa

Postby Guy_Arab » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:30 pm

Guy_Arab wrote:
customhinowa wrote:Hi
Shane

if you let me know engine type PLUS GEARBOX TYPE
I may have manual

GUY ARAB

If you still require manual 6CYLINDER UNDERFLOOR ENGINE I found full details on motor plus troubleshooting on rest of bus parts on bus ON DVD
GUY ARAB
Guy_Arab

Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N Bus & Guy Arab

Postby Trevor 062 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:09 am

Can you post a few more pic's of your bus, as it looks like it has been extensively modified..Cheers Trevor
Trevor 062

Favourite Vehicle: SUSSEX INLET SB50 HCL

• Advertisement

Return to New Users/Ask a Simple Question