2 Oil caps on engine?

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###
amsm

2 Oil caps on engine?

Post by amsm »

Im sure this is a pretty common thing but I've not seen it before so I'll keep it brief.

I've just started a school run in a Hino, The engine is a H06CT, pretty common. I've got to top up the oil and I've noticed I've got what appear to be 2 separate fill points for oil.
One on the top of the block where I would expect, but another on the front which is a bit bigger with a little spill pan around it. I'm just wondering if I'm able to fill from EITHER of the 2 points? or do I have to use just one of them?

I reckon the reason there are 2 points is because the engine is pretty common and as such retains specs for either mid mount, or rear mount chassis.

Thanks!

Return to “New Users/Ask a Simple Question”