What brand is my diff and what can I replace it with .

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###
aussienomads

What brand is my diff and what can I replace it with .

Post by aussienomads »

Hoping there are some bus gurus out there who can help me identify what diff I am running in my bus and if there is another diff to replace it with or parts to repair it.
The info I have is the bus is a 1979 Bedford Domino with an Isuzu 6cyl motor. Eaton SMOT Box 5 speed. The Chassis is a Y4. Mid mount engine and the door is in front of the front wheels. I need 2 brake drums BLP 8 stud and a diff centre 6/35 ratio. Or I need to know what diff will fit in its place. These are the numbers I can find. Firstly on the diff housing 7161311 . On the flange that bolts the pinion gear to the housing LEYS S1 083 7140. The diff centre is approx. 35ml off centre toward the drivers side. Guys I have been trying to get this fixed for 5 months. I keep getting the run around and no one can tell me what diff I have in the bus. please can anyone help... Allen..bus is located on Sunshine Coast if anyone is in this area to have a look and help me identify it.

Return to “New Users/Ask a Simple Question”