Merc 1316 - Manual - Gear Stick Housing Cover

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###
Rod B

Merc 1316 - Manual - Gear Stick Housing Cover

Post by Rod B »

Hi Guys,
I went to pick up a bus this weekend and only 10m down the road I am left holding the gear stick in my left hand and could feel it had come out of the linkage junction box. On further investigation i found the cover had come off as the retainer tails had broken. I have attached a photo of the broken part.

I will turn the cover 90 degrees and drill and file new locator holes however i would like to obtain a replacement as it is obvious this has happened previously and will possibly happen again in the future.

Could anyone suggest where i may obtain a replacement cover. It is off a Merc 1316 with a OM352A motor. Not sure that will help. 5 speed manual.

Thanks in advance team.
Attachments
IMG_20171015_143751.jpg
DiAmOnD T
Favourite Vehicle: AEC Mandator Ex Browns no7

Re: Merc 1316 - Manual - Gear Stick Housing Cover

Post by DiAmOnD T »

Get the chassis number ready and try Whites Diesels or genuine through Mercedes
The Diesel Guy
- Mobile heavy vehicle repairs serving Sydney to Newcastle -

dieselguynsw@gmail.com
Rod B

Post by Rod B »

Thanks Dieselguy,
I have been in contact with whites diesel and they have been very helpful and sourced the part from overseas for me. They went above and beyond for me.

Cheers
Graemmo

Post by Graemmo »

Hi Rod,

I think I have a similar setup with my nissan. Are you able to access the bits in the linkage junction box after taking off that cover and pulling up the gear stick?

Cheers,
Graeme
Rod B

Post by Rod B »

It really only allows the gearstick to be removed. Access can be afforded to the linkages from underneath be it rather cramped. If you are gentle enough in the change of gears you could do without the cover but should it lift out then you are in a world of hurt!

Return to “New Users/Ask a Simple Question”