• Advertisement

1985 Volgren B10 tips

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###

1985 Volgren B10 tips

Postby BlackYak » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:12 pm

Hi All,
I have never owned a bus but have done a van -> camper conversion before. A friend is selling her 1985 Volgren B10 and I'm thinking of doing it up. Can anyone tell me a bit about these buses? Do they run well/any issues I should be aware of?

Cheers, I will appreciate anything you can give me

Dave
BlackYak

Re: 1985 Volgren B10 tips

Postby Denv12 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:40 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volvo_B10M
http://www.volvodemort.com/technical/vo ... index.html

They are a mid mount bus/coach.Very stable to drive and good engines.I've driven many times interstate in Volvo B10M coaches.They are a good coach. The ones built by Volgren are lighter than those built by other bus builders.You can find information about that vehicle by looking for its I.D plate,etc.Take a photos and post them here. If your vehicle is in good condition you'll get your money's worth.
Denv12

Re: 1985 Volgren B10 tips

Postby boronia » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:27 pm

Volvo's have a good reputation for reliability, but it is 30+ year old vehicle so you risk the usual age created obstacles. Make sure it is serviced properly and don't over-stress it.
The Sydney Classic and Antique Truck (and Bus) Show
On again May 2018
@ The Museum of Fire.
boronia

Favourite Vehicle: Dennis

• Advertisement

Return to New Users/Ask a Simple Question