what does the c mean in this gear pattern?

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###
funbus
Favourite Vehicle: man sl200 mkI

what does the c mean in this gear pattern?

Post by funbus »

Noticed this bus at manheim and whilst flicking through the photo's I wondered what the C stands for in the gear pattern, plus is it unusual that its back to front, or is that due to it being a european type set up on this 1995 MAN?

This is the link to the bus
http://www.manheim.com.au/trucks-machin ... rchResults

Im not buying it, but being a 14.3 meter big banger I was just curious to know a bit more about it!

:wink:
Attachments
gear pattern.JPG
gear pattern.JPG (67.46 KiB) Viewed 3653 times
"Its only a bus if it smells like diesel!" Electric buses might aswell be trams!!**
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Re: what does the c mean in this gear pattern?

Post by boronia »

Could be CRAWLER, a very low ratio for slow moving.

Reverse patterns were common in MAN buses. I think some Spicer boxes were like this too
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
funbus
Favourite Vehicle: man sl200 mkI

Post by funbus »

My like, thanks button has disappeared.

Thanks Boronia.......... :wink:
"Its only a bus if it smells like diesel!" Electric buses might aswell be trams!!**
rustbucket

Post by rustbucket »

Wow 14.3 mtrs, imagine turning that into a motorhome. On second thought we get plenty of caravan park owners that poop themselves when we pull up in VP and she is only 12.5, although the trailer takes us out to nearly 19.
We have had both a spicer and fuller eaton gearbox in her and both have had the reverse shift pattern, comes about by having the gearbox facing the "wrong" way I guess.
bagmaker

Post by bagmaker »

ya I have 9speed Roadranger pushing from rearmount and pattern is reversed from normal

Return to “New Users/Ask a Simple Question”