• Advertisement

Domino DC122 suspension problem

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###

Domino DC122 suspension problem

Postby Graand » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:09 pm

Hello all...
We have been getting ready to hit the road again in our Domino DC122 that has been stored for the past 15 months and have struck a problem. After dealing with a stuck drain valve on one of the tanks I now find that I can't get any air to the front suspension....the rear is fine and lifts to the full height but there is zero air at the front.
Is there a front/rear proportioning valve that may be stuck?
Any assistance or suggestions pointing me to someone that may be able to help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Graand

Re: Domino DC122 suspension problem

Postby Bedford-29 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:06 pm

Being stored for 15 months I would advise you to check the air bags on the suspension for holes.
Previoulsy known as United Diesel 15
Bedford-29

Re: Domino DC122 suspension problem

Postby DiAmOnD T » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:30 am

Not having worked on them particularly, this is only a generalisation.

Normally with an air bag system you have three height control valves, that being one each side at the rear and one for the front (again this may differ, especially if its got primitive kneeling devices ect ect ect)

Best bet is to get full air pressure up, shut it down and slip underneath. Locate the valve (probably near the front axle beam) then crack the lines to check air is supplying to the valve (don't worry, it wont crush you if it isn't up on its bags yet)

Once you find an air supply in and tighten it back up, remove the other lines then disconnect the rod from the valve and push it up and down to see if air comes out through the open ports at all. Air comes out = good, no air = bad

Or the other thing you can try is get full air up and jack the body (not chassis/axle) up to try and free the valve.

long winded I know, its one of those things, hard for me to try and explain simply but can do it with eyes closed
The Diesel Guy
- Mobile heavy vehicle repairs serving Sydney to Newcastle -

dieselguynsw@gmail.com
DiAmOnD T

Favourite Vehicle: AEC Mandator Ex Browns no7

• Advertisement

Return to New Users/Ask a Simple Question