Driver Changeovers Mid Route on Warringah Freeway (STA)

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###
Frosty

Driver Changeovers Mid Route on Warringah Freeway (STA)

Post by Frosty »

Yesterday I was travelling on the 288 from the Macquarie Centre to the City. The bus made a stop at the Warringah Freeway Bus Rest Area to make a driver changeover. Is this is a normal/regular thing or was this a one off on STA relating to route 288? I don't travel on this route often I tend to use the Hillsbus 621/651 services from the Macquarie Centre since they're faster.
pgt
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202/MB O305G/Volvo B10M

Re: Driver Changeovers Mid Route on Warringah Freeway (STA)

Post by pgt »

This is a regular thing (having been on quite a few services over the years that did this).

It would be for a Sydney Buses Willoughby depot operated service (most likely, but not exclusively) since that would probably end up being the closest point to the depot those freeway services can actually perform a driver change.
"It's my way or the (side of the) highway".
Might be a way to lead life, but more like the way that some people drive.
Frosty

Post by Frosty »

pgt wrote:This is a regular thing (having been on quite a few services over the years that did this).

It would be for a Sydney Buses Willoughby depot operated service (most likely, but not exclusively) since that would probably end up being the closest point to the depot those freeway services can actually perform a driver change.
Yeah it was a Willoughby depot service. I remember this use to happen on the 310 years ago at East Botany noticed this hasn't been a thing though in the last 2 years.
Ben_Daui
Favourite Vehicle: 14.5 Scania

Post by Ben_Daui »

I have being on the 391 when this has occurred and some services took the bus for a loop around P depot and the drivers were waved past the shed drivers box.

Return to “New Users/Ask a Simple Question”