Piecart

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###
chuboy
Favourite Vehicle: The oldest in revenue service.

Piecart

Post by chuboy »

What is the origin of the name? And why are they so hated upon? XD
Sir Joh

Re: Piecart

Post by Sir Joh »

They look like one of those pie vans that commonly visit industrial sites selling all sorts of dodgy food filled with salmonella and other known germs. They are most hated as they are hot, bouncy, rattly, noisy, underpowered, gearbox feels like a bowl of porridge, difficult to work on, expensive to repair...

Need I go on?
Cheers,
Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen

"Now don't you worry about that!"
chuboy
Favourite Vehicle: The oldest in revenue service.

Post by chuboy »

No, that just about sums it up, thanks =)
ALBION1881

Post by ALBION1881 »

And piecart was another name to for Rockhamptons self contain Purrey steam trams which the Rocky tramways ended service in 1939 the year WWII started.
nutztoyou

Post by nutztoyou »

Sir Joh wrote:They are most hated as they are hot, bouncy, rattly, noisy, underpowered, gearbox feels like a bowl of porridge, difficult to work on, expensive to repair...

Need I go on?
Yes please. I'd like to see some photo's if you can :D

Return to “New Users/Ask a Simple Question”