• Advertisement

All new Route buses to be In PTV livery in Melbourne

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###

All new Route buses to be In PTV livery in Melbourne

Postby MotorOmnibus8562 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:12 am

Hello,

Just wondering, why have the recent bus deliveries for Operators like Dysons, Sita, etc. have to be in PTV livery, I haven’t heard of New Contracts and Routes yet...but still have no idea why these recent bus have to be in the livery rather than the operators livery???
In Perth, Buses have a really good protection but they’re not doing a good effort in Victoria.
CR221L Power!!

Previously known as Bus883&1022 who was VolgrenTheTrooper
MotorOmnibus8562

Favourite Vehicle: Dysons Bus 883 and 1022

Re: All new Route buses to be In PTV livery in Melbourne

Postby Mitch » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:36 pm

As far as I'm aware, the reasoning behind it being in the PTV livery is that if the vehicle was funded/leased by the government to the operator so that they can operate routes under their contract, then it has to be in the PTV livery. If the vehicle was self funded by the company itself, then it can be in the company's colours. McHarry's in Geelong is an example of ongoing deliveries in the standard McHarry's livery as the vehicles are purchased by the McHarry family directly.

I'm open to correction if I'm wrong though.

Regards,
Mitch :lol:
Mitch

Favourite Vehicle: VH-VUB

• Advertisement

Return to New Users/Ask a Simple Question