Keoride trials for Mt Barker & Barossa Valley

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
Eagle Eye

Keoride trials for Mt Barker & Barossa Valley

Post by Eagle Eye »

DPTI have announced that Keoride will begin trial services (public transport likened to Uber) in Mt Barker and the Barossa Valley on Monday 13th January 2020.

The service will use smaller buses than usual to provide services in close proximity to people's homes. Fares in Mt Barker will be $1.50 for adults and $1.00 for concession. Fares in the Barossa will be $6.00 for adults and $3.00 for concession.

Services in Mt Barker can connect with city services at the two Park 'n' Rides, but services in the Barossa only travel between Angaston, Nuriootpa and Tanunda, so no connections to Adelaide Metro services in Gawler.

https://www.sa.keoride.com.au/
jibb

Re: Keoride trials for Mt Barker & Barossa Valley

Post by jibb »

4 Buses will be based at Mt Barker and 5 buses in the Barossa Valley.
Skexis

Post by Skexis »

So are the drivers expected to have knowledge of every road in the area or will they be taking directions from passengers? Also if they are going wherever people want them to how can they have any kind of timetabled service?
jibb

Post by jibb »

Skexis wrote:So are the drivers expected to have knowledge of every road in the area or will they be taking directions from passengers? Also if they are going wherever people want them to how can they have any kind of timetabled service?
Buses wont run to a timetable-they will pick up/drop off passengers on demand I guess GPS will be in charge!
Eagle Eye

Post by Eagle Eye »

I think the driver has a tablet type of thing which shows where they need to go to pick passengers up and drop them off. I haven't physically seen the same services interstate, but I'd imagine it would be a very similar map type of setup to what an Uber driver uses to navigate to each location.
Skexis

Post by Skexis »

Surely a tablet is classed as a Personal Electronic Device and as such should not be used by a driver of a motor vehicle.
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

It sounds more like a GPS system to me which err....provides directions to the location of the passengers who wish to use the service.
Skexis

Post by Skexis »

Bus drivers are prohibited from using an interactive electronic device whilst sitting in the drivers area of a bus. We're also not even supposed to use the GRN radio whilst in motion (although we all do).

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”