Page 1 of 4

Buses out of service for long periods

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:31 am
by jibb
For various reasons many buses spend long periods of time out of service.
Current examples :-
Volvo 1900 Mile End Depot
MAN NL 202 CNG 757,764,1754(accident damage) Morphettvile Depot
Scania Artic L94UA 951 St Agnes Depot
MAN NL 202 253 Morphettville Depot
I imagine both companies have other buses to add to the list.

Re: Buses out of service for long periods

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:23 am
by TA3001
I suspect that the wait for replacement parts contributes towards this. MAN NL232 1778 was out of service for a while from 2017-2018 awaiting a new gearbox, and Southlink 2558 was off the road in 2014 for possibly 7 months or more whilst parts were sourced.

A bus won't run without the required components. If they are not in a condition which enables to function safely and efficiently, then they'll sit dormant until these issues are addressed. Even the jackpot CB80s and Bustechs are not immune to this problem, as they are still machines to a degree.

Re: Buses out of service for long periods

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:00 pm
by Crispy!
jibb wrote:For various reasons many buses spend long periods of time out of service.
Current examples :-
Volvo 1900 Mile End Depot
MAN NL 202 CNG 757,764,1754(accident damage) Morphettvile Depot
Scania Artic L94UA 951 St Agnes Depot
MAN NL 202 253 Morphettville Depot
I imagine both companies have other buses to add to the list.
1900 is the Alexander Dennis 350H
1901 is the Volvo...

Re: Buses out of service for long periods

Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:37 pm
by jibb
O-Bahn Scania Artic(Morphettville) 1103 is still out of action, as is 754 and 868(all Morphettville).
Port Depot has Scania Artic(St Agnes)-no engine, the same for MAN 18.280 1501.

Re: Buses out of service for long periods

Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:02 pm
by TA3001
jibb wrote: Port Depot has Scania Artic(St Agnes)-no engine, the same for MAN 18.280 1501.
Does this mystery bus have a number? 1501 has had a strange mechanical fault for well over two years now which causes it to max out at about 80kph whilst still in fourth gear.

As long it can run, it doesn't really matter...to this depot at least, so something must have failed which caused it to become inoperable.

Re: Buses out of service for long periods

Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:57 pm
by jibb
Sorry--mystery bus is 952.

Re: Buses out of service for long periods

Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:59 am
by Former driver37
I havent seen Southlink lonsdale buses 2212, 2712, 2725 in service for ages

Re: Buses out of service for long periods

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:17 am
by Former driver37
Former driver37 wrote:I havent seen Southlink lonsdale buses 2212, 2712, 2725 in service for ages
And just as i say i haven't seen 2212 for ages its sitting at a diesel mechanic in Lonsdale recieving an engine rebuild as we speak

Re: Buses out of service for long periods

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:01 am
by Former driver37
jibb wrote:O-Bahn Scania Artic(Morphettville) 1103 is still out of action, as is 754 and 868(all Morphettville).
Port Depot has Scania Artic(St Agnes)-no engine, the same for MAN 18.280 1501.
868 seen back in service today

Re: Buses out of service for long periods

Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 3:16 am
by jibb
Current buses known out of service(Torrens Transit);-
Port Depot--952,1501,1515
Morphettville Depot--1103(still --over 6 months now),884,896,768

Re: Buses out of service for long periods

Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 3:36 am
by TA3001
896 was retired years ago, so must be a typo there.

Re: Buses out of service for long periods

Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 3:54 am
by jibb
TA3001 wrote:896 was retired years ago, so must be a typo there.
My mistake.

Re: Buses out of service for long periods

Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 6:25 pm
by Crispy!
jibb wrote:Current buses known out of service(Torrens Transit);-
Port Depot--952,1501,1515
Morphettville Depot--1103(still --over 6 months now),884,896,768
Saw 884 on King William St yesterday (Tuesday 14th May 2019)

Re: Buses out of service for long periods

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:22 pm
by jibb
jibb wrote:O-Bahn Scania Artic(Morphettville) 1103 is still out of action, as is 754 and 868(all Morphettville).
Port Depot has Scania Artic(St Agnes)-no engine, the same for MAN 18.280 1501.
1103 still not fixed(10 months off the road)?
MAN 1501 and Scania Artic 952 still off the road at Port Depot.
Scania O-Bahn Artic 1152 has been sitting at Mile End Depot for several weeks.

Re: Buses out of service for long periods

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:13 pm
by TT
952 no longer at the back of Port depot. But 1704 (Midi) is now there in its place. 1501 still there.

Re: Buses out of service for long periods

Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:33 pm
by jibb
1103 finally back in service to.
On 265/251 trip.

Re: Buses out of service for long periods

Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:23 am
by Former driver37
Does anyone know whats happened to 2712 bus from Lonsdale? It used to be one of my favourite buses when i drove there This bus has been off the road for about 1 year. Also 2725 2201 2206 have also been off the road for a couple of months not seen in traffic

Re: Buses out of service for long periods

Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:17 am
by jibb
jibb wrote:
jibb wrote:O-Bahn Scania Artic(Morphettville) 1103 is still out of action, as is 754 and 868(all Morphettville).
Port Depot has Scania Artic(St Agnes)-no engine, the same for MAN 18.280 1501.
1103 still not fixed(10 months off the road)?
MAN 1501 and Scania Artic 952 still off the road at Port Depot.
Scania O-Bahn Artic 1152 has been sitting at Mile End Depot for several weeks.
1152 has returned to service at St Agnes Depot.

Re: Buses out of service for long periods

Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:14 am
by Former driver37
Former driver37 wrote:Does anyone know whats happened to 2712 bus from Lonsdale? It used to be one of my favourite buses when i drove there This bus has been off the road for about 1 year. Also 2725 2201 2206 have also been off the road for a couple of months not seen in traffic
2201 is recieving a new engine as we speak should be back on the road in a couple of weeks

Re: Buses out of service for long periods

Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:39 pm
by jibb
Scania Artic 952 has finally returned to service this morning.

Re: Buses out of service for long periods

Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:42 am
by jibb
St Agnes Scania O-Bahn Artic 1141 has apparently been out of action for quite some time. Getting new transmission and an engine rebuild.

Re: Buses out of service for long periods

Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:26 am
by jibb
MAN 18.280 is still out of service 1501 (Port Dept),1900 and 1303 Mile End.
Scania Bustech 1979 (accident still not repaired) Camden.
MAN NL 202 1338 Newton
MAN NL 202 256,260,263,266 and Scania Artic 1141 St Agnes.
Any others?

Re: Buses out of service for long periods

Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:01 pm
by Diesel_MAN
What about the Scania artic involved in an accident in the last week or so? I think I saw 1178 in the news report, but I didn't get a close-up look at the fleet number.

Also, just to have up-to-date info in this thread, 2201 has indeed returned to service as predicted earlier.

Re: Buses out of service for long periods

Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:58 pm
by jibb
jibb wrote:MAN 18.280 is still out of service 1501 (Port Dept),1900 and 1303 Mile End.
Scania Bustech 1979 (accident still not repaired) Camden.
MAN NL 202 1338 Newton
MAN NL 202 256,260,263,266 and Scania Artic 1141 St Agnes.
Any others?
1151,1850 and 1109 all out of service at St Agnes.
NL 202 753 and 760 as well as Scania Artics 954,957,and O-Bahn Artic 1101 at Morphettville.

Re: Buses out of service for long periods

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:54 am
by TA3001
Speaking of buses awaiting parts, I wonder how much longer 1274 and 1105 will stay on the road in their current condition.

The latter is definitely one of the loudest artics on the O'bahn, even without that issue it had 7 and a half years ago that caused it to be insanely loud at speed.