Bus services to new Royal Adelaide Hospital

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
hillsbus

Bus services to new Royal Adelaide Hospital

Post by hillsbus »

With the new RAH likely to open in coming months, anyone know if more bus routes (especially O-Bahn services) will be routed down the west end of North Tce? It seems tricky for Grenfell St based O-Bahn routes to service the new RAH unless they run a loop down Morphett St, North Tce, West Tce back to Currie St.
jibb

Re: Bus services to new Royal Adelaide Hospital

Post by jibb »

There is supposed to be changes to City routes later in the year/early next year when the O-Bahn tunnel opens meaning running times between TTP/Paradise interchange and the City will be reduced.This I imagine will mean new timetables for all O-Bahn services.
The new East-West tram Link from West Terrace to East Terrace is also due to become operational later in the year.This along with the existing tram service between the Entertainment Centre and Glenelg should help provide extra capacity.
Plus existing 150/157-144/147 and 281/286/287/288 bus services should provide sufficient coverage for the new nRAH. However DTPI may have other plans to improve services along NorthTerrace-we will just have to wait and see what they come up with?
howlerbus
Favourite Vehicle: Diesel Buses

Post by howlerbus »

The O-bahn tunnel will prevent the return of the 54xN routes to North Terrace in morning peak that were around in Serco days, they would have been useful.
You got a real flash bus, but my one's flash one, eh
And I believe that my one's faster than yours, Mr Bond
'Cause mine's a red one'
jibb

Post by jibb »

howlerbus wrote:The O-bahn tunnel will prevent the return of the 54xN routes to North Terrace in morning peak that were around in Serco days, they would have been useful.
Unless they come out of the tunnel into East Terrace,and along North Terrace setting down opposite the nRAH.
UNV

Post by UNV »

I would hazard a guess M44 will be transferred to North Terrace as a "hospitals connector :lol: ", and may be the only O-bahn route not using the tunnel in the future, other C1/2, G40, 500/1/2, 528 and 548 will run straight along Grenfell St.
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

It would look strange on the timetable for this route if there was a note saying that services labeled with a Z start from R2, when all the others go via the tunnel.

It's pity that the likelihood of 443 doing a run through this tunnel is next to none due to the retirements occurring well before the life limits (excluding about 4 remaining diesel SLs). So much for them seeing 25 years in service.
jibb

Post by jibb »

TA3001 wrote:It would look strange on the timetable for this route if there was a note saying that services labeled with a Z start from R2, when all the others go via the tunnel.

It's pity that the likelihood of 443 doing a run through this tunnel is next to none due to the retirements occurring well before the life limits (excluding about 4 remaining diesel SLs). So much for them seeing 25 years in service.
M44's will use the tunnel as will all other O-Bahn routes.
I reckon the G40,528 and 548 will come of the tunnel,right into East Terrace and left into North Terrace,then via normal route.G40 is part of Goodwood Road services so will continue to use stop C2 in King William Street as per now.
UNV

Post by UNV »

But according to the plan released by the city council, no left turn lane was designed from East Terrace to the tunnel portal (which will be only one lane), so it must be hard for G40s to turn, unless some changes happened to the design. Let's just wait :D
CROSS1.jpg
CROSS1.jpg (208.72 KiB) Viewed 4161 times
Eagle Eye

Post by Eagle Eye »

If a bus had to get from Hackney Rd to North Tce, wouldn't it simply just turn right at Botanic Rd? Why go via the tunnel then double-back on itself?

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”