Wrong way

Brisbane / QLD Transport Discussion

Moderator: PRT 065

richard

Wrong way

Post by richard »

A recent journey on a 333 got me thinking. Now, this is not intended to have a go at drivers, or be in any way critical of the trip I had. I will not say when this was, or what depot the bus came from. The driver inadvertently went onto the APL instead of the busway. They had only a short time to decide whether to continue on the APL to the hospital, or go towards the airport, turn off at Sandgate Rd, go to Rode Rd on to Gympie Rd and try again. They chose the latter, ignoring the Kitchener Rd stop, but observing all the others. Probably put 15 minutes on the trip into town, but everyone got where they wanted to go without backtracking. Is there a standard that says if you go off track, get back on and so you don't miss any stops?
moreton
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo and Ford
Location: *Never have to wait behind a Taxi doing an EFTPOS transation in Brisbane.

Re: Wrong way

Post by moreton »

The driver made a mistake, the driver did the right thing, by going back and picking up/dropping of the passengers that were on the service. With the last 5 years of major changes and those coming up in Jan 2017, you may see the occasional mistake being made. Moreton :wink:
Never again have to wait in a Q,in Queen Street ?
richard

Re: Wrong way

Post by richard »

Thanks Moreton. I wondered whether covering all the stops was more or less important than keeping to time, especially on a BUZ route. I know keeping to time would be scant consolation for those who were overcarried.

Return to “Discussion - Brisbane / QLD”