Sunliner Express / Boomerang Day Tours History

Brisbane / QLD Transport Discussion

Moderator: PRT 065

Boss

Re: Sunliner Express / Boomerang Day Tours History

Post by Boss »

Intercapital No 1
Attachments
Intercapital No 1 became 218 at Sunliner I think ???
Intercapital No 1 became 218 at Sunliner I think ???
Boss

Post by Boss »

Hi all, unsure which number this is. Thinking either 203-204-205-206
Attachments
Sunliner Scania PMC
Sunliner Scania PMC
Boss

Post by Boss »

Brand new Scania PMC Adelaide Hi Decker at Manly Depot. Number unknown
Attachments
Brand new Scania Hi Deck
Brand new Scania Hi Deck
Boss

Post by Boss »

Left to Right Pat Paige- Phil Cummings-Alex Todorovic- Gerry Goodinson Pic courtesy Maxine Hurst
Attachments
Boomerang Drivers Roma St Transit Centre
Boomerang Drivers Roma St Transit Centre
Boomerang Drivers.jpg (124.32 KiB) Viewed 12424 times
BRUCE ROB

Post by BRUCE ROB »

Glanville's #11 Bedford  Denning.jpg
Glanville's #11 Bedford Denning.jpg (56.86 KiB) Viewed 12259 times
Hey guys, I realize that I'm giving away my age, but I can remember driving for Boomerang out of Brisbane when they were operating petrol-powered SB and VAM Bedfords. The SB was ex-Glanvilles with a Denning body and the VAMs had a Superior body We also had a very unreliable Albion (ex-Redline, I think) and a "Lantern-fronted" ex-Pioneer GM. We parked the coaches behind the old Ampol in Coronation Drive (next to the motel) and operated out of the QGTB in Adelaide St. Their own little office was in Anne St down from the Canberra. (Gee, I feel old).
Boss

Post by Boss »

Hello Bruce, just wondering are you facebook. If so would you be able to post this pic there. I manage the VIP-Sunliner-Boomerang friends page. There are a lot of past employees on the page including me. We recently had a reunion and Alex Todorovic was there mentioning he had early pics of Boomerang tours. If you aren`t on facebook, Can I repost to the page with your permission of course. Regards Jason Healey
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Boss wrote:Left to Right Pat Paige- Phil Cummings-Alex Todorovic- Gerry Goodinson Pic courtesy Maxine Hurst
I nearly cried when a saw this picture.

Hi my name is Catherine Harvey and proud to say the second office chicky employed by the original Boomerang Day Tours owners. Previous worked for VIP when they started on Queen Street.
Showing my age this was in 1985 if my memory serves me correctly. Oh I loved these guys so much they were my second family and always looked after me and made me smile. I remember preparing the hand written manifest from the diary on Rustys' desk and then walking down to the Tourist Bureau to then get their bookings lol...then hand them over to the guys eagerly awaiting in their school buses ...too funny.

Sunliner takeover - yes I was there....moved from Anne to Roma Street......then...yes...Managed Inter - Capital at Roma Street.
Anyway too much to say and will be here all day but if anyone can tell me if any of the guys are contactable I would really appreciate it.
Best times of my life...oh and I have the first Boomerang Sunliner brochure with of course me in the photo...lol.
Thank you for this site xxxx
Hornibrook

Post by Hornibrook »

BRUCE ROB wrote:
Glanville's #11 Bedford Denning.jpg
Hey guys, I realize that I'm giving away my age, but I can remember driving for Boomerang out of Brisbane when they were operating petrol-powered SB and VAM Bedfords. The SB was ex-Glanvilles with a Denning body and the VAMs had a Superior body We also had a very unreliable Albion (ex-Redline, I think) and a "Lantern-fronted" ex-Pioneer GM. We parked the coaches behind the old Ampol in Coronation Drive (next to the motel) and operated out of the QGTB in Adelaide St. Their own little office was in Anne St down from the Canberra. (Gee, I feel old).
Just a correction to the caption on this photo of Glanville's #11, it did not go to Border Coaches. Was sold before Glanvilles went to Border in 1975.
Boss

Post by Boss »

Hello all, I have created a facebook group called VIP-Sunliner-Boomerang friends sharing pictures and catching up with great people. Come and join us. Jason Facebook page admin

Return to “Discussion - Brisbane / QLD”