The Plains - ACTION and Cooma Coaches

Moderator: Busnerd

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Sir Pompously
Favourite Vehicle: Renault PR100.3

The Plains - ACTION and Cooma Coaches

Post by Sir Pompously »

I rode from my house in Monash into Isabella Plains up and down Ellerston Ave, and then onto Ashley Drive.

After getting accosted by some locals for 'hanging around' with camera around neck, before kindly informing them of my interest and providing a link to ACT BUS (They were happy after that), getting beeped constantly, had a Hungry Jacks Thickshake thrown at me (Like always, missed me!), and wasted 15 minutes for a dart that did not show up until I left the spot, I present to you some photos from the day.

BUS-884 a Renault/MACK PR100.2 is seen on Ellerston Ave, Isabella Plains operating a 65 to Tuggeranong Interchange

Cooma Coaches TV2359 a Scania K113TRB with an NCBC body is seen heading down Ashley Drive in the ACT

BUS-153 a Dennis Dart SLF Midi Bus is seen heading to Calwell on Ashley Drive

A Blue Bus Stop sign at Stop 16 on Ellerston Ave (This style of sign is generally Yellow, and these signs I am sure used to have a 'Commuter Express' sign attached aswell)

And a little extra tidbit of information regarding the naming of streets and suburbs, from www.actpla.act.gov.au

Isabella Plains - Named for Isabella Maria Brisbane:
Explorers Captain Mark Currie RN, Major John Ovens, and Joseph Wild camped in the Tuggeranong area and named it Isabella's Plain in 1823, in honour of the daughter of Sir Thomas Brisbane, Governor of New South Wales, 1821-25.
Ellerston Ave - County of Brisbane, Eastern Division

Ashley Drive - Named for William Patrick Ashley, Politician
Heritage Officer
Retired ACT Transport Employees Club
bubzie

Re: The Plains - ACTION and Cooma Coaches

Post by bubzie »

times like these, i'm quite happy living on the side of calwell thats furtherest away from isabella. :)
This signature has run its course. :P
BroadGauge
Favourite Vehicle: Car

Post by BroadGauge »

Hills like the one in the Dart photo make for a nice background to photos.
CB80
Favourite Vehicle: Leyland Tiger

Post by CB80 »

The Cooma Coaches unit looks nicely presented.
Sir Pompously
Favourite Vehicle: Renault PR100.3

Post by Sir Pompously »

CB60 wrote:The Cooma Coaches unit looks nicely presented.
Indeed they are. The last time I travelled on Cooma Coaches (Would have been for Outward Bound in Yr 10, so 2004) they were very neat inside, very warm and inviting with Red Curtains and seats also in warm colours. On the way back I Chose the oldest, crappest coach in the fleet for an experience however (I think it was one of their Hinos).
Heritage Officer
Retired ACT Transport Employees Club

Return to “Photos - Canberra/ACT”