• Advertisement

876 In Accident

Moderator: Busnerd

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)

876 In Accident

Postby TP 3000 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:45 pm

At around 17:40 this afternoon Bus 876 was doing a 9 to the City. The bus was travelling along Gooreen Street & had almost fully passed the intersection of Gooreen Street & Allambee Street, Reid. Then BANG!!, a Holden Barina went straight through the intersection & smashed into the rear wheel of the bus. The driver stopped & called it in on the radio, I ran over & checked on the other driver, he was all right. A few members of the public called the Fire Brigade & Police. While we were waiting a few twats came speeding down Allambee Street & almost hit the car in the intersection. Eventually the Police, Fire City Supervisor came & an hour after the incident the driver drove the bus back to Belconnen Depot & I got a lift with the City Supervisors. But it was all good as I heard some of the old stories.
This is the offending vechile & the damage, it had been moved from where the incident occured.
The white mark on the tyre is where a headlight hit, the cover was removed by the Super
Another impact site

The offending driver was just in shock & the other 2 passengers in the bus were all right. The funny thing is that for the first time the driver had me & 2 other passengers, when normally the bus is empty. For those that are curious, I went with a different driver tonight. That shows me for going with a Belconnen Depot driver, but because of who the driver is I still trust them.
Payback is a bitch, but is fun to watch.
TP 3000

Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310

Re: 876 In Accident

Postby mrobsessed » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:52 pm

The Barina driver would wish that they could do as the ad on the side of the bus says - "Undo what you did!"
mrobsessed

Favourite Vehicle: AEC Reliance

Postby TP 3000 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:05 pm

Well considering the car is a probable write off & legally the license wasn't valid in Australia. The Police said that the driver (by law) needs to of had his license to be converted to a license in English writing for Australia.

But that might mean I'll have to go to court as a witness to the incident or just as back-up for the driver involved.
TP 3000

Postby DarrenH » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:30 pm

At least no one was injured in the accident. I wonder if 876 has been put back in service yet after this accident?
DarrenH

Postby TP 3000 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:37 pm

Going by the back log of buses at Belconnen Workshop, it probably isn't back in service yet. The body shop guy will probably do a bit of work on it tomorrow hopefully.
TP 3000

• Advertisement

Return to Photos - Canberra/ACT