Australian Volvo B5RH bus being tested on SG Roads

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Singapore Buses

Australian Volvo B5RH bus being tested on SG Roads

Post by Singapore Buses »

1 March 2015

SBS Transit trials Volvo B5RH Hybrid; that was used as a showacase bus for the Sydney Bus Show 2013. It had 100% Australian configuration (minus the wheelchair ramp that was removed). The bus, registered as SBS8002T, made a debut today on Express Bus Service 506. Some reports say the bus did not have a speed limiter as it cruised along an expressway at 77km/h. All new buses registered in Singapore have a 60km/h speed limiter installed (with the exception for this bus). Here are some of the pictures that were taken today:

Nearside Shot
02.jpg
Offside Shot - Displaying "Free Shuttle" EDS information as it heads to the parking lot.
01.jpg
More photos will be available soon. Thanks for reading! :)
Visit our Facebook Page at http://facebook.com/sgbus! Your likes are appreciated! :)
Mitch
Favourite Vehicle: VH-VUB

Re: Australian Volvo B5RH bus being tested on SG Roads

Post by Mitch »

I always wondered whether it made it over the ocean. I wonder whether it would look good in SMRT or SBS Transit colours.

Who's the aircon made by? I see it's a different unit to the demo in Australia.

Thanks,
Mitchul [;
Mitch
Favourite Vehicle: VH-VUB

Post by Mitch »

Having a quick stalk of the SG Buses Facebook page, apparently her aircon broke down and she was pulled from service during her first day on the road. Whoops. :lol:

Thanks,
Mitch :)
Singapore Buses

Mitch wrote:Having a quick stalk of the SG Buses Facebook page, apparently her aircon broke down and she was pulled from service during her first day on the road. Whoops. :lol:

Thanks,
Mitch :)
Yeah, unfortunately it broke down due to faulty aircon on its first maiden journey. :( Anyway, i took this bus last Tuesday, and it was great! It had that Aussie feel when i took it; though the aircon was fairly ok (a lil' weak at the rear). Here are some of the interior pics i took:

Front to Back
01.jpg
Back to Front
02.jpg
Thanks for reading! :)
Visit our Facebook Page at http://facebook.com/sgbus! Your likes are appreciated! :)
Mr OC Benz
Favourite Vehicle: Anything German

Post by Mr OC Benz »

Mitch wrote:I always wondered whether it made it over the ocean. I wonder whether it would look good in SMRT or SBS Transit colours.

Who's the aircon made by? I see it's a different unit to the demo in Australia.
Spheros. Same as the other two B5RH units in Australia.
Singapore Buses

Quick Update of SBS 8002T

The Volvo B5RH Hybrid Demonstrator gets transferred to another depot in SBS Transit, with a year extension (till Aug 2016) for further trial. Seen here on Townlink 268 at Ang Mo Kio on its first week of service this year. Lookin' forward to more services to come!
Untitled-6.jpg

Return to “Photos - General/Miscellaneous/Various”